Supervillains Who Know Their Limitations

SSgt Baloo

Re: Supervillains Who Know Their Limitations

The original concept of the Taskmaster from Marvel. He never wanted to fight anyone or get involved in world-shattering schemes. He just wanted to make money by training mooks for the other idiots who had dreams of world domination.

Actually, what I intended was to start a thread where we introduced candidates for "mostly lame" villains. Examples:

The Head Cheese
: This villain wants to control the dairy industry in Wisconsin. Many of his plots involve "cheese bombs" that have various effects, depending upon the source cheese (IE: Limburger smells bad; mozerella forms an entangle, etc.)

The Automobilist
: Steals valuable/prototype cars, immobilizes all the cars in the city to extort money, etc. Seems to favor cities with automobile factories.

The Head Cheese
: This villain wants to control the dairy industry in Wisconsin. Many of his plots involve "cheese bombs" that have various effects, depending upon the source cheese (IE: Limburger smells bad; mozerella forms an entangle, etc.)

For a very brief moment I thought that villain was about to go in a very, very different direction.

Calamity: The muscle headed ruler of Rhode Island

An interesting villain would be one who seeks to rule only himself - i.e. claims to be sovereign in and of himself without necessarily claiming any sovereign territory.

A corrollary, of course, is that he views himself as above any law but his own.

Lucius Alexander

I rule over palindromedaries

An interesting villain would be one who seeks to rule only himself - i.e. claims to be sovereign in and of himself without necessarily claiming any sovereign territory.

A corrollary, of course, is that he views himself as above any law but his own.

Lucius Alexander

I rule over palindromedaries

You mean like Menton, in some interpretations.

oh man, did you hear about Basket Ball Man

He had a grand plan and a three point hand

He could swish any net from where ever he'd stand.

you bet he made contacts and got on a contract

his credit was ever excessively high

up until that day that the inquisition came by

tested his blood and said he couldn't play

but he's still got bills to pay

and a shattered dream that makes him mean

I had a character called Samuel Grayson, known as the Grey Wolf, who declared a one mile radius around his house to be a crime free zone: commit a violent crime within a mile of his house and he'd kill you. (Super martial artist and assassin). The local crime families took advantage of this by having meetings in a nearby resteraunt; they knew that no one would risk the Grey Wolf's wrath by starting a fight there.

Actually, what I intended was to start a thread where we introduced candidates for "mostly lame" villains. Examples:

The Head Cheese

The Automobilist
: Steals valuable/prototype cars, immobilizes all the cars in the city to extort money, etc. Seems to favor cities with automobile factories.

Have you ever watched Word Girl on PBS ? The girl from planet Lexicon. She has a bunch of villians like your looking for. Doctor two brain is after all the cheese. She has a butcher for a villian. Not sure of the name but he has meat powers. Hey, for educational, its not to bad. my little girl likes it. :)

I had a character called Samuel Grayson' date=' known as the Grey Wolf, who declared a one mile radius around his house to be a crime free zone: commit a violent crime within a mile of his house and he'd kill you. (Super martial artist and assassin). The local crime families took advantage of this by having meetings in a nearby resteraunt; they knew that no one would risk the Grey Wolf's wrath by starting a fight there.[/quote']

And he took advantage by bugging the restaurant?

Lucius Alexander

Bugging a palindromedary

Have you ever watched Word Girl on PBS ? The girl from planet Lexicon. She has a bunch of villians like your looking for. Doctor two brain is after all the cheese. She has a butcher for a villian. Not sure of the name but he has meat powers. Hey' date=' for educational, its not to bad. my little girl likes it. :)[/quote']

Thanks! I'll have a look.

should we start a thread about super-HEROES who know their limitations or can we put THEM in here too?

Sure, why not?

What about Aquaticant' date=' lording over the entire community pool with an iron flipper?[/quote']

Sure, why not? :cool:

Monarch

The social butterfly

an alien with transparent wings over which he controls the ridges on a microscopic level.

Light passes through those wings and holograms form.

Monarch can beat his wings quickly to fill his hex with light illusions and render his exact image invisible underneath

And he took advantage by bugging the restaurant?

Lucius Alexander

Bugging a palindromedary

No, the resaurant's owner did the bugging. I tied it into a character from one of the 'normal npc' books, a Italian restaurant owner who wanted revenge on the mob. I had a plotline involved where the owner had to be kept safe from the mob until he testified... and afterwords, too.

My and my friends often speculated on characters with near useless powers. Like a 350 point character with 300 points in Armor: 200 rPD. You can't kill him with a gun, but you could with a electric shock. With that in mind...

The Smuggler: 15" teleportation, x8192 non-combat multiplier, 5 floating locations. Since he can only TP himself and a small amount of weight, he makes his living transporting small high value items.

Doctor Dialysis: By cleaning people's kidneys and purifying their blood' date=' he decants all of the impurities to destroy the world with biotoxins.[/quote']

Of course, if he could take over the sewage treatment plant, he could distill the same chemicals from the wastewater, and there'd be (literally) tons more available than dialysis patients can give.

Heroes we'd rather not meet in person:

Brown Note:
This hero's main ability is to emit a loud infrasound blast which instantly loosens the bowels of anyone nearby. Most victims are rendered nearly immobile because few are capable of running and clenching their buttocks together (to avoid disaster).

The Human Skunk:
When evil-doers do... um...
evil
, the Human Skunk hoses them down with concentrated essence of skunk. When he is tolerated at all, it is usually outdoors when he is downwind.

The Bronze Buttock:
This hero is endowed with super speed and the ability to inflict damage by ramming his target with (you guessed it!) his "cheeks" (actually, they're his only "indestructible" feature).

Captain Rude (
formerly:
Socially-Unacceptable-Man):
Has no overarching plan for world domination -- he just wants to embarrass, harass, or otherwise inconvenience people in the Tri-State Area!

Clearly the Brown Note plans to incapacitate every public-access washroom on the Northwest side between Highway 13 and the river from the 11th Street access to the Queensway, and then rule over the populace with an iron fist thanks to his pay-to-go portables. (Except that one Mr. Mikes. No-one will go in there. Not even if they have an oopsies in their pantsies.)

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha.