If you Had to Pick, ONE (already) Setting, to Run in, What is it?

RexMundi

Re: If you Had to Pick, ONE (already) Setting, to Run in, What is it?

I'd have to pick my own Kazei 5 setting' date=' 'cause it has everything I want in it... (it should, it's based on most of my favorite anime-cyberpunk settings). If I had to pick someone else's setting... [i']Firefly[/i] has a lot going for it, or for true over-the-top action, make the PCs a Special Circumstances Contact Team for the Culture.

Shouldn't you list those "favorite anime-cyberpunk settings" then? :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't you list those "favorite anime-cyberpunk settings" then? :)

Akira

AD Police

AD Police 25:00

Appleseed

Battle Angel Alita

Battle Angel Alita: Last Order

Bubblegum Crisis

Dominion

Dominion: Conflict 1

Ghost in the Shell

Silent Möbius

1 Akira

2 AD Police

3 AD Police 25:00

4 Appleseed

5 Battle Angel Alita

6 Battle Angel Alita: Last Order

7 Bubblegum Crisis

8 Dominion

9 Dominion: Conflict 1

10 Ghost in the Shell

11 Silent Möbius

They said to pick one, but Susano's anime-cyberpunk list goes up to eleven.

Don't look at me,

Xavier Onassiss

I'd have to pick my own Kazei 5 setting' date=' 'cause it has everything I want in it... (it should, it's based on most of my favorite anime-cyberpunk settings). If I had to pick someone else's setting... [i']Firefly[/i] has a lot going for it, or for true over-the-top action, make the PCs a Special Circumstances Contact Team for the Culture.

Is that Iain M. Banks?

Some very interesting Spread of picks there. Got to say, Space Ghost would get my interest at least out of Nostalgia, not to mention the Pulp Elements inherent in it as well. Alien Nation is an Interesting pick, one that could lead into many other similar kinds of stories as well (District 9 on one side, V on another). I'll also give props to Mr. Surbrook's Kazei 5, though while it has one foot in cyberpunk, the other in various anime, both still have the Sci Fi "Swoosh" on the side of those cross trainers. I'm not gonna bust him for recommending his own material though because he did also sort out Firefly as well, and did at one time (been awhile since I looked and last time I looked it wasn't complete), have Firefly write up's off his site, that put the current Serenity RPG to shame.

*Takes a few notes* It's interesting to see the scope of views as well. I did notice, that the trek, leans uber heavy towards the original crew, not so much in the way of Next Gen and Next Gen spin offs out there apparently.

~Rex

Some very interesting Spread of picks there. Got to say, Space Ghost would get my interest at least out of Nostalgia, not to mention the Pulp Elements inherent in it as well. Alien Nation is an Interesting pick, one that could lead into many other similar kinds of stories as well (District 9 on one side, V on another). I'll also give props to Mr. Surbrook's Kazei 5, though while it has one foot in cyberpunk, the other in various anime, both still have the Sci Fi "Swoosh" on the side of those cross trainers. I'm not gonna bust him for recommending his own material though because he did also sort out Firefly as well, and did at one time (been awhile since I looked and last time I looked it wasn't complete), have Firefly write up's off his site, that put the current Serenity RPG to shame.

*Takes a few notes* It's interesting to see the scope of views as well. I did notice, that the trek, leans uber heavy towards the original crew, not so much in the way of Next Gen and Next Gen spin offs out there apparently.

~Rex

The Firefly character sheets were sent to me, hence the incomplete part. And yes, they are still there.

Yeah I pointed a few of those out to some rabid "Serenity is the Greatest RPG EVER!!! Cortex Uber Alles!!!!!" folks ....they took one look, looked back at the Serenity book, and went and bought 6e HERO. Hell's I've moved over 3K of 6e Product through three stores in the last 2 days....heh, I should be getting commission.

For those not familiar with Mr. Surbrook's site I recommend hitting the link and looking. It's worth the time and the only complaint I've ever gotten is from a guy that's blue green color blind. :D

~Rex ......Fires up the Space Ghost Youtube clip above really loud to scare the office.

Yeah I pointed a few of those out to some rabid "Serenity is the Greatest RPG EVER!!! Cortex Uber Alles!!!!!" folks ....they took one look, looked back at the Serenity book, and went and bought 6e HERO. Hell's I've moved over 3K of 6e Product through three stores in the last 2 days....heh, I should be getting commission.

For those not familiar with Mr. Surbrook's site I recommend hitting the link and looking. It's worth the time and the only complaint I've ever gotten is from a guy that's blue green color blind. :D

As I said, those files were sent to me. I was going to make them look like all my other character sheets, but ended up giving up.

Oh the serenity sheets he can read. It's the opening Blue Screen of the site itself, heh.

I suppose if someone mentions the Space Ghost setting then the Herculoids can be included as well. :D

~Rex .....You play a human in the Herculaoids setting, unless, you can master the sound effects. :D

Oh the serenity sheets he can read. It's the opening Blue Screen of the site itself' date=' heh.[/quote']

Oh... well, someone helped me with that... and I like blue.

It used to be black with gold text, which was apparently a lot worse, design wise.

Oh the serenity sheets he can read. It's the opening Blue Screen of the site itself, heh.

I suppose if someone mentions the Space Ghost setting then the Herculoids can be included as well. :D

~Rex .....You play a human in the Herculaoids setting, unless, you can master the sound effects. :D

dont forget the galaxy trio as well

The setting of Lois McMaster Bujold's Miles books.

A nice, gritty, politically intrigueing universe with the perfect elements for an RPG - lots of very different places to go, lots of history and intrigue, and Nerve Disruptors :D

I know that GURPS' doing a Vorkosigan book for their line... should be quite easy to adapt to HERO :)

dont forget the galaxy trio as well

True that, one should take the entire setting instead of piecemeal. :D That could end up with a LOT of additions though ......if you include the Trio, then you have to include Birdman, and if you include Birdman and more heh.....

~Rex....