Create a Villain Theme Team!

BoloOfEarth

Re: Create a Villain Theme Team!

Ollie Canton, the town drunk had a tendency to hallucinate when he partook of the moonshine. Eventually, his hallucinations became "real" of a sort. He seemingly can create minions/followers this way. Unfortunately, he cant fully control them being drunk and they only stay as long his he avoids sobriety. He inevitably wakes up in the morning thinking it just a bad dream. The other Barflies took him in as Moonshine with the promise to help him with his nightmares. As a result he is their unwitting accomplice.

Note: Modelled after Otis Campbell from the Andy Griffith Show.

I think that is 5. New team pending in about 15 minutes.

New Team: The Aquarium

A semi-terrorist league of pirate captains and rogue Atlantean Lords who have united to take back the oceans from the world's nations.

Membership: 8 (leaders, plus ship or fleet with member if applicable, should be at least 2 Atlanteans of the 8, though I dont know if ship and crew can be applicable here, army maybe?)

So drunks we do in a day eh ?

You want rogue Atlantean lords then you shall have them !

No more ! No more would he stand for this. He was no Lady or a Doormat for anyone ! Dorcas the Questor was the one true Atlantean Lord who should be the Dictator Atlants needed ! Peace with the surface ? He'd Deep Six that ! Full Fathom Five his ancestors might lay but he would show them all what a true Puppet Master could do !

Exiled from Atlantis and for what ? Just because his family had a history of treachery and deceit with aspirations of global dominance, was that really a good reason for banishment ? Just because you hire assassins to kill the ruling family that's no reason for dismissal surely ?

Well now with the Aquarium at his side Dorcas the Questor will come to rule Atlantis !

And hopefully calm down enough that he does not need so many exclamation marks.

There are not many people who get dismissed from the service for cowardice underwater but that's what happened to Harrison Prowse. As a result he vowed revenge on the Navy and Washington as it was there fault he was assigned here. Now he will return with an armada and he will win. Preferably he will remain topside as he has a fear of the depths. He has the skills to man a ship covering systems in the engine room, the bridge and weapons. That should give him a name like Multitasker but instead he is called the Yellow Submariner. Harrison was recruited for his skills although he is not that trusted.

Membership: 8 (leaders' date=' plus ship or fleet with member if applicable, should be at least 2 Atlanteans of the 8, though I dont know if ship and crew can be applicable here, army maybe?)[/quote']

I think a unique ship should be a "member", and I'd say a fleet of fairly normal ships would count as a member if described. In the past we've said that agents (described with a unifying theme) count as a single member.

Just my $0.02.

The dread pirate Cumberbund is a well-educated, very handsome, and relentlessly formal Brit who was once a captain in the Royal Navy. Unfortunately, he was involved in a scandal involving an admiral's wife and got quietly drummed out of the service. Angry over his treatment, he stole a small gunboat and worked as a pirate for several years before joining up with the Aquarium.

Cumberbund stole a very special tuxedo from a British secret agent who had been sent to stop his piracy, and he now wears it almost constantly. The tuxedo protects him against small arms fire and can interface directly with his nervous system, allowing the wearer to practice a number of skills (ranging from dancing to martial arts) even if he doesn't normally have such skills. Cumberbund was so amused by it that he used some of his ill-gotten gains to finance the production of a film, The Tuxedo, as a not-so-subtle dig at MI-6.

Part of the surface fleet for Aquarium consists of a command ship with a half-dozen smaller automated gunboats. The command ship is disguised as a Chinese-flagged merchant vessel, though it sports a number of powerful guns concealed behind drop-down walls, and the gunboats are fully submersible (though nearly all of their weapon systems are for surface fighting). Yellow Submariner can typically be found on the command ship, the Golden Dragon, directing his mini-fleet against foes while his supposed merchant vessel slowly tries to "escape" from the area.

[Edit: And my apologies in advance to death tribble if I'm stepping on his toes by proposing this.]

Captain Nemo & His Sub-Marine Legion

John Nemo had just been informed, after several years of service as a submarine captain, that he was getting too old to serve in active duty. Rather than retire or go to a desk job, he decided to go rogue. He began to wage war against naval forces, but was shot down. However, his submarine crashed near a damaged alien listening post. Its computer rebuilt him and his ship, and he woke up the aliens. They agreed to join his crew. He turned the listening post into his secret base, and used its cloning device and factory replicator to build himself a Sub-Marine Legion. Now he goes by the name Captain Nemo, and once again wages his war against the Navy.

Part of the surface fleet for Aquarium consists of a command ship with a half-dozen smaller automated gunboats. The command ship is disguised as a Chinese-flagged merchant vessel' date=' though it sports a number of powerful guns concealed behind drop-down walls, and the gunboats are fully submersible (though nearly all of their weapon systems are for surface fighting). Yellow Submariner can typically be found on the command ship, the [b']Golden Dragon[/b], directing his mini-fleet against foes while his supposed merchant vessel slowly tries to "escape" from the area.

[Edit: And my apologies in advance to death tribble if I'm stepping on his toes by proposing this.]

No problems. Although I am expecting grief from some when they read my first post on this and also the name in the second post

Henry Eckford was one of those mad scientist who is simultaniously very talented and totally lunatic. One of his projects was to create atrificial lifeforms he dubbed "Chamelionids", that could change their form and texturation of their skin to imitate any human, plant or animal. He succedeed, but before he could do anything with this knowledge his Underwater Laboratory was attacked and disabeled by heroes. While his lab was shut down, they also found out that he had already created a first "batch" of Chamlionids in his clone tanks. After some legal strugle they were given human like rights,considering that they never did anythign wrong.

They were indeed able to change their form, skin coloration and could imitate voices, but not their biometric identification characteristic (let alone imitate those of others). Nor could they obtain abilites humans did not posess (like wather breathing). They were also sterile and only had a lifespan of 15 Years. Not suprisingly they became slightly fanatic with genetic engineering and while they could solve the sterilisation problem (by means of binary cloning) they could never overcome the low age issue. So they appealed to Until to release the position of the doctors lab and/or his personal notes, in hope that it would help them to find a cure. But Until refused, fearing what others could do with that knowledge. After one Generation of trying it nice, they just had it:

If those humans would not release the informations, then they would search the entire ocean floor and each of untils data storages for the information. But those Data-Stores and Deep-Sea-Areas are well guarded. So this entire new "Race" joined The Aquarium as the Mighty morphin Ninja Pirates. Thier natural Form shiting abilites are practical, but are higly limited. However, their own scietists know enough to create or upgrade individuals with the relevant abilities, so there are variants that are adapted to specific environments like underwaterwork or combat.

They are very adept at infiltrating and taking over ships or costal installations without the crew even noticing that they are replaced one by one but so far relevant military or security installations are out of reach. But who knows what the next DNA-modification will bring?

One of the strangest members of the Aquarium is Bob. He only has one power. He can coat anything in his natural substance to form instant coral on the bottom of the ocean. Bob is handled with care and only used if invaders come into the water after the villains since his power seems to be uncontrollable, and he only listens to his pet starfish, Pat.

CES

Eveyone knows of Fu Manchew. Few know of another achient oriental doctor, Wu Tsungchan. Wu was the alchemist who gave Fu the herbal secrets to long life. Fu tried to reward Wu by killing him, but was saved by some renigads. Eventualy he fell in with the still living brain of Hitler.

Powers: Advance knolage of medicin, and alchemisty. Also powerful martial arts ability and chi. Dosen't quite have the 'hate the west' mentality as Fu does.

Augutus Maximus entered Africa to ensure the eternal glory of Rome. Falling through a hole in a cave into the hollow earth was never part of the plan. Still he had found a new land for Rome to conquer, as soon as he found a way out. Finally he did, and headed to inform his comander of his discoveries. Only to find he had been lost for centuries. The Roman empire had not only fallen, but conquered twice by the pathethic Brittish. Enraged he uleashed for the first time his earth control powers. Between them, the noxious fumes he could exhale, and his skill with a sword, the city he was in was soon leveled. Then he began his march towards Rome. He had decide to demand the senate declare Rome the capital of the European Union, or face war. As he made his destructive way towards Rome, he was contacted by Hitler's brain.

Augutus was happy to let the disembodied brain make the plans. After all he was only a soldier, and though geraman not roman the brain was Italy's last great ally. So looking for someone to take over as emporer of Rome. The Centurion contents himself with crushing his future emporer's future enimies.

Okay, this one is from Clonus "Cooperative Timeline" Thread:

Frank Müller was already old for a Wehrmacht Soldier before the attack on poland. He knew of his electiricity powers long before, but kept well hidden in fear of being regarded abnormal. Despite this he was fanatically devoted to his cause.

The later was what led him to ignore every fear of reprisal when he leapt to action in oder to save the Fürher during the "Sentinel Incident". The thank of later was so great that he not only named him national hero, but also made him his Leibwächter (Bodguard).

But in the end not even his might could save his beloved Führer or his home country from the allies so he disappeard after the war, not knowing that his Brain was saved, and became a rather succesfull industrialist. Only recently he heard of his revival and wanted join again. However, age had taken it toll on him and he literally has "lost his spark", so he doubted he could do more than help with funding.

But with the help of Wu Tsungchan he not only got an increase in his time of earth, but also regained some of his powers. Still the Führer's Brain thinks it would be better if he supports the cause with his considerable resources, instead of being on the frontline.

The natives in Africa on which he fed called him He Who Lurks in the Tall Grass. Calling him a "person" was a bit of a stretch, unless you considered chimpanzees and orangutans people, for he was only as intelligent, as sentient as other great apes. No one is sure how this ancient Homo habilis became a vampire in the first place... but it exists, and through some arcane method it follows the commands of Hitler's Brain. Naturally, the bodiless Fuhrer never uses He Who Lurks as a blunt instrument of force... but such an instrument indeed.

Francisco Lorenzo de Montoya hails from Argentina. His grandfather in the past helped many wanted Nazi criminals escape from the Nuremberg trials. The family has made a killing in the arms trade to revolutions all over Africa and Latin America. Francisco has decided to help the brain of the late Fuhrer by supplying him with weaponry and a small army of what he refers to as the "Neo-SS". To keep his identity secret to the world at large de Montoya is Code Named: Ocelot.

He has also had interest in Latin American history, and has recovered artifacts of Inca, Mayan, and Aztec origin. (hey mystical artifacts can always be found in Nazi stories, you know).

Ocelot is a still-fit man in his 40s. With some martial arts ability (reportedly taught to him by Wu). And has pretty good knowledge of using the guns and equipment he has supplied the Fuhrer with. He has also been known in certain circumstances with important missions to personally use the vampiric ape as an assassin.

Current rumors has him requesting Maximus to be on the lookout for "missing writing" of Leonardo da Vinci, in the hopes of finding some new weapon to develop to give them an edge.

Loelei

She used to lurk by the Rhine and lure sailors to their death. Now she works for Hitler's brain in a jar. She hates the British, Americans and French for the Rhine crossingsm in World War 2. She is said to be captivating but it is the voice that people remember. A siren song of sweetness and desire that lulls he senses and allows those enraptured to be captured or killed.

New Team: The Nixon gang

Minimum of 5, maximum of 8. But they all share names of people involved in the scandals that brought Nixon's presidency to a close. Thus Hunt, Haldemann, Ehrlichman, Liddy, Dean McGruder, Mitchell, Agnew, Krogh, McCord, Sturgis, Stans and Colson.

I've given you the names so tell us all what these shadowy people are up to and their owers.

The man known as McCord is a former CIA agent turned second-story man. He has the ability to stretch his fingers into remarkably strong cables (or cords) approximately 50 feet long, each with reasonable manipulative ability and slightly higher-than-normal strength. He typically uses them to climb buildings and reach through small openings to deactivate alarms and open locks. He usually carries a fiber-optic camera with a 50-foot lead so he can see where his finger-cords are going.

Rebecca Ann Liddy was a profesinal pickpocket and shoplifter before answering an underworld add posted by ARGENT. Thay gave her the ability to generate a pocket dimention and made her steal for them as payment for the services as "Packrat". She hated that non-de-crime, but was enlaved to them till she literly bumped into Black Diamond when on the job. Black Diamond helped her excape them, and she joined her group for a while, but never fitted in with the superbattles (and to make maters worse, because of her powers, Cat coulden't teleport her as he can the others). So, once she met McCloud, she was offered a place with his group (and a semi-garentee of no gaudie outfits and silly coadnames and no superfights apealed to her). Sometimes refered to as D.P. (for Deep Pockets...woe to thoes who refer to her as Packrat), she sometimes refers to McCloud as L.F. (Long Fingers).

Powers: She can transport anything non curently alive to her pocket dimention, and bring it out again. She can dress herself in an instant (Insta Change), and can pull out easly usable gadgets (a small VVP), along with 'storage' (Extradimentinal Transport, Usable Aganst Others, Only Usable Aganst Others, Transdimentinal [to retreave the objects sent], Not VS Living Things, for the basic build).

They call me a "mechanic", but I prefer the term "plumber", since most of my targets are leaks that need to be plugged. It's not my fault that most of the leaks I'm called to deal with have to be plugged on a more... permanent basis. I started out as a sniper in the US Army, picking off targets my officers pointed out without bothering to ask a lot of questions, but was soon seconded to the CIA to assist with a few of their black-bag missions. I did good enough there that I quickly left the military and became a "suit" full-time.

People make a big deal about the fact that my last name fits so well with my chosen line of work. (shrug) No big deal to me. I'm just glad they're sticking with Hunt instead of Hunter. Knew a guy named Hunter once, didn't know how to keep a secret. Now, well, he don't talk too much, if you catch my drift.

[Edit: In case you hadn't guessed, Hunt is a sharpshooter, especially with his sniper rifle. He also has the minor ability to blend into his surroundings both visually and audibly, so he can more easily hide and sneak around to get into position for the "money shot".]

My name this decade is Haldeman. It was something else last decade, and something else every decade before that as long as I can remember. It has been forever since I used my real name.

I engage my current enemy and destroy him.

Then I wait for the next enemy to show himself.

CES