So..what characters from earlier editions have you updated to 6th?

Dr. MID-Nite

Just curious....I'm always intrigued to see which characters "make the cut" in most GMs and players' eyes. Myself...a bit of a slow start, but I've updated Ronin from Enemies For Hire(the only worthwhile character in the whole book if you ask me), but with a more heroic bent. I've also updated an old hero NPC from my 3rd ed game called Megastar and gave him a variation of the Metatron drug origin from Villiany Amok. Also, updated Disinformer from Classic Organizations(but as a hero) with a slightly different origin and abilities(he has an photographic memory which aids him in his spy and disguise skill sets). I've renamed him Enigma(as I never liked the original name). Among the bad guys....updated all of Spectrum from Champions presents #1. Funny looking at the old advantages that don't exist anymore...like Selective Fire.

Re: So..what characters from earlier editions have you updated to 6th?

I haven't updated anything to six yet... but as far as older characters making the cut? Dr. Elias McQuark, Sabre, Sala, and Brynhild from The Blood and Dr. McQuark... Taurus, Virgo, and Saggitarius from Zodiac Conspiracy... Predator and Eisenwolf from Justice, Not Law among others. I mostly made a clean break from 4E to 5E character wise using an alien invasion to clean out some of the older characters to make room for new ones.

My books are on a low shelf that I can't readily get to. I've got to mine them for some heroic level characters and/or concepts. I haven't specifically updated any characters, but I don't normally run a Champions Universe game.

To sidetrack this a bit' date=' when you update the character do you try to be true to the character or do you adjust it for how you play?[/quote']

Really depends on my mood. I generally try to keep the tone of the character, but if there was something I didn't really care for about the original idea....I don't hesitate to change it. It IS my game afterall. I usually want logic in the creation as well. If something doesn't make sense to me, I'll alter or eliminate it in a heartbeat.

To sidetrack this a bit' date=' when you update the character do you try to be true to the character or do you adjust it for how you play?[/quote']

They are totally and completely redesigned as to how we play and what I need from them as an opponent within my game, while keeping a strong eye on keeping true to the character...or at least how I understand/envision that character.

I've updated a lot of my own PC concepts as well as a number of my adaptations, but I've not done anything with any published characters.

I keep the Deconstruction Company from 4th Eds High-Tech Enemies up to date. (A thematic team of super-mercs strong enough to duke it out with PCs? Too useful to let go stale). My version is fairly close to the old 4th ed stats but moves a lot of the stuff in their back stories into their writeups (like Chainsaw & Jackhammer's Mafia contacts). They are also rewritten to allow the guys with lots of multiple weapons to make Multi-Power attacks when logical.

I also keep Bullet & Big John from Bullet's raiders up to date. Their characters are very much the same but I've changed their stats to reflect a more "DOJ" way of writing up really skilled enemies. I also dropped the alien robot from the Raiders & replaced him with a couple of super-mercs themed around their preferred weapon. (The thing I always found compelling about Bullet was his "supers are sissies, soldiers are real men" attitude and that just didn't jibe with the space-alien robot on his team)

As I suspect is true of most folks, 6th edition writups of various PCs and important homebrew NPCs were my first exploration of 6th edition's rules changes. It was interesting to watch how some characters got cheaper or stayed about the same and others got really expensive. The "10 Dex, 3OCV/DCV/6 overall skill levels" light brick PC was kind of a treat.

I keep the Deconstruction Company from 4th Eds High-Tech Enemies up to date. (A thematic team of super-mercs strong enough to duke it out with PCs? Too useful to let go stale). My version is fairly close to the old 4th ed stats but moves a lot of the stuff in their back stories into their writeups (like Chainsaw & Jackhammer's Mafia contacts). They are also rewritten to allow the guys with lots of multiple weapons to make Multi-Power attacks when logical.

I also keep Bullet & Big John from Bullet's raiders up to date. Their characters are very much the same but I've changed their stats to reflect a more "DOJ" way of writing up really skilled enemies. I also dropped the alien robot from the Raiders & replaced him with a couple of super-mercs themed around their preferred weapon. (The thing I always found compelling about Bullet was his "supers are sissies, soldiers are real men" attitude and that just didn't jibe with the space-alien robot on his team)

As I suspect is true of most folks, 6th edition writups of various PCs and important homebrew NPCs were my first exploration of 6th edition's rules changes. It was interesting to watch how some characters got cheaper or stayed about the same and others got really expensive. The "10 Dex, 3OCV/DCV/6 overall skill levels" light brick PC was kind of a treat.

Robot? Oh...you mean Starseer....the alien. Yeah...he did not mesh with the others well at all...and for his concept, he didn't really scream...."guy using Power Cosmic to me". For my part, I changed some of the stats on the older characters if I thought the original stat made no sense. Also, with the end of Figured....I felt no need to have all Primary stats be efficient either. Nor did all the DEX scores need to be as high as before(depending on the concept).

I've updated all my old characters (Volt, Olorin, Leadman, & Black Tiger) and one new one that was created just before 6th ed. (Futurian) Volt got impacted the most because he used elemental control the most. No matter how I scrimped or "cheated" he cost 14 points more in 6th ed. (I put literally everything under unified power where I did not do that with his elemental control in 5th ed.) The rest broke even or got helped a bit. I've also updated two players characters - SilverSwirl, Disarray and have Raptorian converted & ready to go along with a hero who has a placeholder name of Orion. Will have to come up with a better name soon. Did my own version of the Champions and the Ultimates.

Most of the 4th ed Champions ... with updated looks & backgrounds ;) Mind you' date=' I've changed the names to protect the innocents ;)[/quote']

Well..I actually like the 4th ed verison of The Champions better. They had more personality. i love how the authors of the time included them in like...everything.(Champions in 3D comes to mind.)

Well..I actually like the 4th ed verison of The Champions better. They had more personality. i love how the authors of the time included them in like...everything.(Champions in 3D comes to mind.)

I agree. Nothing against anyone, I just preferred the 4th ed Characters over the 5th ed ones.

I agree. Nothing against anyone' date=' I just preferred the 4th ed Characters over the 5th ed ones.[/quote']

Yeah, most of the 5ed Champions were just there, imo. Nighthawk was just a Batman archetype, Sapphire and Witchcraft were okay, but Ironclad was no match for Obsidian. Ironclad is a slab of tofu spray painted silver with eyes.

Most of the 4th ed Champions ... with updated looks & backgrounds ;) Mind you' date=' I've changed the names to protect the innocents ;)[/quote']

What did you change Seeker's name to?