WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Re: WWE Snark-Free Zone

It's completely wrong that R-Truth's old theme music should make an appearence on a list of best entrance music. It was basically R-Truth saying "What's Up" over and over and over untill you were quite happy that whomever he was facing kicked his butt. The heel turn did him a world of good.

Secondly, Real American doesn't appear on the list? That's just wrong.

The Good: Punk's back! YES! Didn't expect that for at least a few months. Thought they'd give him some time off, let people get used to a new champ, then bring him back. Guess they decided it would be better to make use of his sudden popularity.

The Bad: Cena's champion again (should have seen that coming). Or is he? How does Punk's return affect the current title picture? This could be interesting.

The Ugly: Rey Mysterio got slapped in the face. Makes Christian's "5-day" (actually 2-day) title run look absolutely epic. I was pissed when Rey lost. Although I'll admit that Cena did impress me when he came off the top rope. Still, Rey deserves better treatment than that.

Just hope when the rematch happens, Punk whips Cena good and has a nice, long reign as WWE Champion.

The Ugly: Rey Mysterio got slapped in the face. Makes Christian's "5-day" (actually 2-day) title run look absolutely epic. I was pissed when Rey lost. Although I'll admit that Cena did impress me when he came off the top rope. Still, Rey deserves better treatment than that.

He really doesn't though. I like Rey as much as the next guy but he's proven to not be a draw, and he just isn't a believable champion at all. They did a good job of setting up the match last night with Hunter's little "I've talked to both guys and they want this" deal. Rey is as babyface as they come and his desire to do the right thing and give Cena a shot ended up costing him. Rey is about the only guy I'd less like to see with the title than Cena.

I thought the Rey-Cena match was pretty good. I give props to both guys. Punk's return was awesome, especially with the Cult of Personality playing. I'm excited to hear him talk next week.

I assume this leads to a title unification at SummerSlam, which I am afraid Cena will win. Punk's got the momentum and the crowd, but Cena has the office behind him.

As for Rey, you can't compare this reign to Christian's. Christian fought for 17 years to get the chance, won a dramatic ladder match with a huge feel good moment only to have it taken from him. All they wanted was the image of Christian holding the title while Edge cried in joy. It was disrespectful to Christian that as soon as he won it, it was removed from him. Rey has held the World title twice before. And Rey obviously knew that he would be dropping it to Cena later that night. I doubt Christian knew before the ladder match that he would dropping it at the next Smackdown tapings.

He really doesn't though. I like Rey as much as the next guy but he's proven to not be a draw' date=' and he just isn't a believable champion at all. They did a good job of setting up the match last night with Hunter's little "I've talked to both guys and they want this" deal. Rey is as babyface as they come and his desire to do the right thing and give Cena a shot ended up costing him. Rey is about the only guy I'd less like to see with the title than Cena.[/quote']

Rey is why they created the Cruiserweight title so many years ago. I'd love to see that back. Maybe Evan Bourne could even get his hands on that one.

It's not going to happen, I know, but it's a more likely scenario than the return of tag team wrestling :(

So far I like the Punk story. Many are complaining that his return happened too fast, but I think that is easily explained by the whole "new management" stuff. Punk came to an agreement with HHH that he just could not with Vince. He's got new merchandise (the shirt), new "old" theme music, and new Jumbotron entrance, and I am sure he will be on the opening clips more now too. He even got Zack Ryder on raw after asking for it at comic con. Now they i just hope they to turn him full face and Cena heel which is easy to do at this point.

Punk earned his title shot, fought for it and won the belt even when others tried to interfere. Cena won his title from a guy who wrestled twice the week before and once just 90 minutes earlier. Cena has been fired and returned just 1 week later, was told he would be fired if he lost to Punk and was not. If Punk confronts Cena with all of this and Cena goes nuts and beats Punk down, the switch would be done. Punk would be your People's Champ and Cena you corporate one. Well, here's hoping. I think Punk is gold right now and to keep him heel would be a mistake I think.

---snip--- Punk would be your People's Champ and Cena you corporate one.\.

Yeah, that strikes me as prety much how it's gonna be even if they don't officially do a double Turn. As for Rey's short title reign, I've thought about it and, yeah, it's not really as bad as what they did to Christian. But, how does anyone come to the conclusion that Rey isn't over enough or believable as champion? But yeah, they should bring back the Cruiserweight title. And rebuild the tag-team division.

Rey is why they created the Cruiserweight title so many years ago. I'd love to see that back. Maybe Evan Bourne could even get his hands on that one.

It's not going to happen, I know, but it's a more likely scenario than the return of tag team wrestling :(

Not necessarily. The Kings of Wrestling are on their way to the WWE, supposedly skipping FCW. The Usos are having some good matches. Maybe this is just the start of a new tag team renaissance.

I know... too much to ask... but you never know.

WWE needs to get their belts back in order so they mean something again anyway. I thought the Rey/Cena match was good, but it looked like Cena was out there throwing a 12 year old kid around half the time. Bringing back the Cruiser Weight belt might not be a bad idea but it also would just mean that now there's another Jobber title out there that doesn't mean much. Though, if it gets a lot of belt matches, it could be a fun thing to watch on TV.

Sin Cara, out a month for failing his first round through the Wellness Program. Ah well.

~Rex...says Give Mark Henry the Heavyweight title over on Smackdown. Tired of the Orton/Christian feud already.

Remember, WWE also likes to leave their most over guys without belts and put the belts on people who need them to get the crowd behind them or against them. This way they can have main eventers not have belts, but still headline tours.

Remember' date=' WWE also likes to leave their most over guys without belts and put the belts on people who need them to get the crowd behind them or against them. This way they can have main eventers not have belts, but still headline tours.[/quote']

Except that they really don't. HHH was way over and had the belt quite often. John Cena has been over forever and is always either holding or about to hold the belt. Same with Orton and before him Edge. And before them, the Rock (7 time wwe champ) and Steve Austin (6 times singles champ) were waaay over. It does happen, but I see that as a logjam at the top problem rather than a "He's over so he doesn't need the belt" scenario.

Rumours are saying that Punk has kind of moved into the old HBK role of being someone Vince actually bounces ideas off of. He is also apparently the one who got Ryder on TV this week on Raw and the new role he'll have on SmackDown.

Well, that's not a bad thing even if Punk has ended up losing the belt.

JG