WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Re: WWE Snark-Free Zone

This is really tough...but I always loved the 10 tag team elimination match from Survivor Series 1988. 45 minutes of pure tag team goodness back when tag teams were actually....good. Singles match...I really can't just choose one...though I've liked just about every classic Bret Hart match. He really puts on a show.

Not one match, but a series: Flair vs. Steamboat for Heavyweight Championship back in NWA days. The progression of move countermove was awesome. Also, first time I ever saw Steamboat do the hold onto the top rope and pull himself back in.

Had to rewatch Survivor Series 88 after mentioning it in this thread. it really was an excellent card...with good story telling throughout. This was the last SS format card I thought was really good. After this year they slowly get away from the original concept which made it so interesting to begin with. Pity. Interesting trivia note is that this was the last match of the British Bulldogs before they left the WWF/WWE.

I reall don't have a favorite. I should. Most people do. There just isn't one that blows my mind when I watch it.

Well, technically the Undertaker vs. Mankind Hell-in-a-cell match blows my mind becuase of all the falls that Mankind takes through and off of the cell. It just loses points for not being a technical match, just being the most extreme match ever.

Yeh, that's probably it. Not fashionable since it's about high spots and not skill. But it's memorable.

The TLC matches between the Dudleys/Edge and Christian/Hardy Boys. Just the ridiculous spot after spot.

Honorable mention, Shane McMahon vs Kane when he went off the jumbo-tron scaffolding.

I think the Shane-Angle street fight was better. When Angle was trying to throw Shane through the glass and couldn't... man, that earned Shane all kinds of mad respect from me. He was the son of the owner of the company. He didn't have to do things like that.

OK, so i held back as long as I could, but I have to ask now: What does everyone think of Sting's new "Joker" look? I can see it has its use; it lets people know right away that Sting is unpredictable, and maybe going a little nuts. But other than that, I'm not sure. I liked the look he was sporting before, sort of a cross between old-school and "Crow" style. Anybody else?

Sting works. Works better Crazy. If it weren't for that and Anderson going back to being a Heel iMpact would still be in that Death Spiral. That being said, the X-Division push and a lot of these guys popping up again both old and new, has made the show a lot of fun to watch again at least for those matches.

~Rex

I have watched parts of TNA over the last month (I think i saw a full episode once) and I have enjoyed the Sting stuff in general. I am not sure they needed to go full Ledger Joker with his makeup, but I see why they did it. It really shows just how over the top he is right now.

I can see this ending with him going too far and Hogan finally realizing he needs to be the "good Hogan" again, which would be fine with me. I would rather have a good or at least impartial owner figure than an actively "evil" one. I think it really pushes the boundaries of making any sense at all. I mean at any time he could jsut fire all the babyfaces and have nothing but his bad guy friends. I always had that problem when Vince was revelaed as the big baddie behind the Undertaker's group in WWE. it just really made little sense. Have Hogan go good, stop interfering and just be a McMahon type figurehead. Here's hoping they can do that as I really don't like the whole Immortal stuff in general.

Vince always made sense because of a couple of reasons. One, because there was a Board behind him (or his wife...whomever) watching so he couldn't completely do anything. Also, he was shown to really love money, so if someone was making him money, he would give them some leeway.

Vince always made sense because of a couple of reasons. One' date=' because there was a Board behind him (or his wife...whomever) watching so he couldn't completely do anything. Also, he was shown to really love money, so if someone was making him money, he would give them some leeway.[/quote']

Sometimes... other times not. And that was my issue. I mean take right now for instance. He has announced that if Cena does not beat Punk, he's fired. Now he has the power to do that without the board (just as he did in firing Punk last week) and as Cena is a huge money maker he doesn't care about that either. Similar things happened around the whole "Evil Vince" saga where sometimes he had all the power and at others he didn't. Sometimes he would hold offf out of concern for profit and sometime she didn't. It always felt sloppy and uneven just as the "Evil Hulk" sometimes having all the power and at other times not seems sloppy to me.

Like I said, it works a lot better for me when the bad guys aren't also in total control of the company or show (like NWO taking over WCW Nitro. Terrible idea that was hard to watch most of the time). Rumors are out there that Hogan is about to turn face. I think that is the better way to go. Let him leave the business as a good guy getting cheered.

I'm excited to see RAW tonight. I expect a good show on the go home show before Money in the Bank. And CM Punk returns to the show. Could there be a Vince confrontation? Another with Cena? What about the new #1 contender ADR?

So many options.