WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Re: WWE Snark-Free Zone

Yeah that would be priceless...... His Vegan thing is cracking me up because he went that route because of his bout with recurring Liver Infections, and the no TV is because he's on the road most of the year and works out like a machine other then that. I tend to drop TV for years at a time anyway myself anyway (Who needs it with Netflix and a Computer anyway....) so the working all of that in to back his Heel bit... brilliant....

The "I Have until Five Though....." shame we can't post those outtakes, :D

~Rex.... But, I can show off two of my favorite Wrestlers in a ROH match :D This way you can see what Punk is borrowing from The Current WORLD CHAMPION! heh.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSwZIMIH2Rw&feature=related

There is a touch of potty mouth from the crowd, but it's pretty muffled in the crowd noise. It's not ECW level though and the entrance bit is classic American Dragon Heel, heh.... YouTube hasn't jumped all over it for Potty Mouth stuff and it's off a primary channel so it should be clean enough where as the "I Have Till 5" Samoa Joa Brian Danielson stuff is a bit....uhm....blatant.

• 1 year later...

Arise and walk the earth again, oh Zombie thread!

Actually I was thinking of starting a thread on Daniel Bryan, and when I remembered this one, I thought it might be the better place for the post.

For those who have not been keeping up, Daniel Bryan has been having a feud with the Wyatt Family.

I can't say that I watch every week, so I may have missed the really great stuff that this group has done, but I just don't get it.

Are they Vince's idea of cashing in on Duck Dynasty or Swamp People or what?

You have a couple of big hillbillies, and one fat hillbilly with greasy hair and a hat, that sits in a rocking chair and occasionally says something that makes no sense.

I think we are supposed to see them as some kind of weird redneck cult or something, but I just don't get any "heat" from it.

They are just annoying.

I know they keep beating up Daniel Bryan, which is okay, getting beaten up is in his job description, but now they appear to be going with the "You can't win" angle.

Not the "Get beaten up and finally beat the heel group by overcoming the overwhelming odds." angle, but the completely hopeless "No, you really can't win no matter what you do." angle.

As I have stated previously in my posts on "realistic" comics, I don't really like entertainment that is so "realistic" as to be depressing.

Everyone struggles against things that cannot be overcome.

The death of loved ones, our own mortality, illness, accidents, these things affect even the most wealthy and privileged.

The vast majority of us face many more struggles:

financial worries, job loss, abusive bosses, relationships with the wrong people

all of these things can put us in situations that can seem "no win" at the time we are going through them.

I, for one, turn to entertainment for some respite from the things in my life that are getting me down.

So watching fictional scenarios where the hero really cannot win, does nothing for me.

So now, Daniel Bryan has joined the Wyatt family, based on the idea that if you keep beating someone down they will bow to the inevitable and become your slave.

I am not denying that this can happen.

Sadly, human history is full of this story, from battered women who won't leave their abuser, to entire nations that have been subjugated by an overwhelming force.

I just don't find it entertaining.

And I can't imagine it will be good for Daniel Bryan's career.

The group he is joining is boring, and I don't think he will be enough to lift them up.

Instead I think they will drag him down.

KA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BOOOOOOOOOOO EVerything!

Royal rumble is over and Bryan lost his feud with the Wyaytts and Cena is their next target. The old age outlaws are the new tag team champions and are back as faces.

The Lesnar vs Big Show match was just Lesnar beating down Big Show with a chair before the match started and Big Show gave Lesnar a knockout punch then the result of that were that the WHOLE match were just them staggering about, selling their injuries making for a looong slooow match. I just wanted it to end.. 

Then Orton and Cena had the match of the night. Yes I am serious despite certain elements of the crowd trying to boo them out of the building, Orton and Cena put on a hell of a match both working the crowd and doing some new moves, 

The Rumble had a lot of good and bad to put it mildly. Things I remember include. 

Kane getting eliminated before he went back to eliminate Punk just to make sure his elimination of Punk does not destroy Michaels record of most eliminated.

Kofi doing cool balance and jump.

Ziggler getting great reaction just to be eliminated withouth getting any eliminations to his name. 

Rusev debuting and getting no eliminations.. Sigh..

JBL getting called up and walking into the ring in his suit and tie, then he get eliminated from behind while handing Cole his jacket. What was the point of that? Are they setting up an angle where he is forced to wrestle but he sabotages himself?

El Torito got an elimination and therefore did better and looked stronger than 99% of the guys in the rumble.

Ryback managed to look strong even though he too was thrown out without getting any eliminations. 

Del Rio previous winner was this time a lightweight.

Big E Langston was also there and he had stolen Ortons baby oil.

Poor Rey Misterio was number 30 and got boooed to hell. 

The shield had a great story going and Reigns looked great but in the end he got eliminated and BAtista is the winner. Crowd booed it all the way. 

People want something new. 

I post on another forum and on that forum they were convinced that Bryan Danielson is going to win the Royal Rumble, win the unified title at wrestlemania and that HHH and the authority is going to get their comeuppance. I always protested this because I did not see anything like that being presented in the stories we were served. But to my surprise the crowd at the royal rumble thought so as well and that is why they booed so heavily. 

So what do you guys think? Is WWE ready to push Bryan?

If they were ready to properly push Bryan, he'd have either won his match with Bray Wyatt or been one of the mystery competitors in the Royal Rumble and won that.  Clearly neither of those things happened and for the life of me I cannot understand why that was not the case.  Clearly Daniel Bryan has the talent, the Wrestling Observer Awards gave him best techinal wrestler nine years running after all, and just as clearly the fans adore the man and want to see him succeed.  In previous years this would have guaranteed him a title reign and I cannot fathom why WWE has adopted old school AWA booking practices regarding Daniel Bryan.

The Pittsburgh crowd was amazing last night.  They let the world know their feelings.  I did feel bad for Rey Mysterio for the hate he received for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but anyone coming out at #30, but Daniel Bryan was going to get that treatment.

I also feel somewhat for Batista.  It's not his fault that the crowd does not see him in the same light as the Rock.  But he should not be main eventing Wrestlemania 30.  This should have been the ascension of Daniel Bryan.

It may still be, but if Daniel Bryan ends the Wrestlemania 30 PPV holding the titles in the air, it will be because of the fans and the YES movement.  Daniel Bryan is poised to be the next Stone Cold Steve Austin in terms of crowd support.  Why does the WWE not want that?

There has been such a backlash against the choice of creative last night that I wonder if they will alter their plans for Wrestlemania to get Daniel Bryan into it? 

Not only Mick Foley, but Mick's son Dewey has a scathing comment about the show.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0127/569624/mick-foley-son-blasts-wwe-and-triple-h/

If the crowds continue to voice their displeasure to this extreme, then the WWE may not have any choice.

See, a rational company would listen to their fans and make the necessary changes.  OR, publicly express concerns about Bryan's well-being after his concussion and not want to rush him back too soon.

I fully expect the WWE to do neither, even potentially screwing over Bryan worse in the meantime (see also: Ryder, Zack).

The difference between Daniel Bryan and Zach Ryder is Daniel Bryan is considerably more talented in every aspect.  I liked Zach Ryder and I appreciated what he did to get himself over, but, let's face it, he was never that good in the ring.  And the crowd faded from his side after he was booked poorly.

However, Daniel Bryan has been booked the same manner for the last two years and it has only increased his connection with the WWE Universe.  He was beat by Sheamus in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania, lost match after match, was in a comedy tag team with Kane, called the weak link in that comedy tag team, had two WWE titles taken from him in the span of a day, called a B+ player and a goat-faced troll, never got his revenge on the Authority, turned heel and joined the Wyatts....

All the while, the crowd refused to let him go.  They continued to chant "Yes" and "Daniel Bryan".  It was amazing.

And even Michigan State saw how awesome he is...

This is an organic movement among the fans, and Daniel Bryan has an ability that is rare...to truly connect with the crowd, no matter what he is doing.  I am sure that the WWE would love Bryan to go back to being a strong midcard performer (for example Tito Santana) who can put together entertaining matches while staying out of the main event.  I believe that ship has sailed.

Almost makes you respect John Cena all the more, right?  He's been dealing with the crowd hatred for years without reacting.

I hope there is no backlash on Batista with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie is August.

Likewise, though by that time it's quite possible WWE might've forgotten Batista exists again.  If this mess proves anything, it proves that WWE aren't terribly talented when it comes to striking while the iron is hot.  At least not these days.

As for John Cena, I actually do respect the guy since he does great work for Make a Wish Foundation and such.  I just don't want to see the guy wrestle.

The current booking of WWE annoys me greatly..  What annoys me even more however, is the people who got so very annoyed with the Royal Rumble then tune into RAW anyway and resume slurping up McMahon feces as if one allegedly entertaining RAW makes up for all the garbage that's been heaped upon the fans.  It's folks like that that are the biggest problem, because until they grow a set and stop tuning into RAW, nothing is going to change.

Never let it be said that WWE aren't quick off the mark. Bryan confronted The Authority last night and he, Cena and Sheamus end up in a match against the Shield to determine who goes into the Elimination Chamber with Orton. The Wyatts invade and so by DQ Bryan, Cena and Sheamus go into the Chamber. Which means that two of the Shield could, but not all.

Never let it be said that WWE aren't quick off the mark. Bryan confronted The Authority last night and he, Cena and Sheamus end up in a match against the Shield to determine who goes into the Elimination Chamber with Orton. The Wyatts invade and so by DQ Bryan, Cena and Sheamus go into the Chamber. Which means that two of the Shield could, but not all.

It's only a good thing if Bryan finally gets his revenge on Orton and the title.  To my way of thinking, having Daniel Bryan win the title at Elimination Chamber and then having him tap out Batista at Wrestlemania would be a suitable apology for this years Royal Rumble.