Ideas needed for a 600 year old hero

Tech

Re: Ideas needed for a 600 year old hero

somewhat similar now that I have looked her up...

it was a design for an immortal PC in the Wardens Chronicles campaign... I wanted something like Universal Scholar or Universal Traveler but with some limitations based on the PC's life experiences...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be worth taking a look at the write-up for Dr. Yin Wu in Champions Villains. He's about 1400 years old, and his list of Characterisics, Martial Arts maneuvers, and Skills might be a good reference. Other than his triple-digit VPP and Summon power and a few mystic defenses, I think most of his sheet represents skills and abilities that anyone could learn given enough years of dedication.

• 2 weeks later...

One might note that just because an immortal learns something doesn't always mean he remembers it...especially when you live for centuries. The old saying " I've forgotten more than you're ever likely to learn " comes to mind. So...I don't use the "Cover All Your Bases" custom knowledge skills...because...frankly...some of the places and people are probably not memorable enough to remember centuries later.

Not to mention the fact that things change.

Ah yes, I remember my time in the Nile Valley perfectly. Of course, last time I was there was right after Cleopatra died...

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary may have more current information

Not to mention the fact that things change.

Ah yes, I remember my time in the Nile Valley perfectly. Of course, last time I was there was right after Cleopatra died...

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary may have more current information

You know Cleo faked her death and she and her son Cesarean snuck out of Eygpt and he grew up and was the father of Jesus.

You know Cleo faked her death and she and her son Cesarean snuck out of Eygpt and he grew up and was the father of Jesus.

Although I think that's ridiculous, that doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

I agree with what Dr. MID-Nite said about not necessarily remembering things. Now, if someone had a photographic memory, those bonus skill levels previously mentioned would be applicable. Do any of us remember everything from long ago - like 5, 10, 20 or more years ago? I doubt it. I like the AK skills and suggestions Concord came up but I think the levels with them will be left off.

Steamteck, you asked if he had any descendents. The answer is no. He's in love with a princess that's been transported into the future. He knows this is now not only the century, but also the decade that she should be found in. When you keep living, you pick up a lot of skills. He may have even learned to fly an aircraft. After all, he has all the time in the world and knows it.

The character will remember whatever the writer needs him to remember when the writer wants him to remember it.

Naturally, but I think the point here was for building a character. One might also consider using the "universal" talents from the APG for an immortal...if they're truly that broad in their knowledge base.

The guy in the asylum who thinks he is Lincoln often makes more sense than Dan Brown.

Given the well-known syndrome of people who think they're Napoleon, I wonder who Napoleon thought he was.

One of his knowledge skills would be the sheer number of important historical personages he knew and might even have befriended. "Dear old Boney was in this mess once, back in 1804, and here's how he got out of it...."

• 3 months later...

...he cannot age or die until he finds her in the current century.
Since Tech voiced a concern about this build's budget, note that since our hero is in the princess' current century, perhaps his Immortality has ablated- strike the Life Support vs. Aging, Regeneration, and his BODY may now only be 20ish.