You ARE Dr.Destroyer

Alverant

You and your team are captured by Dr.Destroyer. Instead of his usual interrogation and brain washing techniques, he decides to honor you by making you the first subject of a mind control power he built into his armor. Then something goes wrong. Your character's mind is pulled from his/her body and into Destroyer's and his mind goes away. So now your character has all of Destroyer's powers, knowledge, skills, stats (including the heightened intelligence, ego, and presence), etc and can flawlessly act like him whenever you want him to. Your team has a mentalist or mystic who can confirm that you are in the metaphorical driver's seat.

What does your character do with all this knowledge, power, and resources while being one of the most hated and destructive man in history?

ETA, I left out one important detail. This is 5th ed Dr.D from Book of the Destroyer without the 6th edition version. I don't have all the 6th ed setting books so I can't really include that as a factor. But if you want to assume 6th ed, that's fine.

Re: You ARE Dr.Destroyer

All characters: March to Stronghold, divest myself of all weapons. give Primus and Until locations and access codes of all Destroyer's bases and names and locations of all agents. After all of that, the mentalist can put me back in my body.

Black Falcon will likely have nightmares about Destroyer's lack of personal hygiene.

I'd be torn. The whole 'turn myself in' thing sounds nice, but ... Dr. Destroyer's power, technology, infrastructure now used on the side of good? That would probably be too big of an opportunity to pass up. Just rig up an alternate identity so you can pretend to be Destroyer when you're baiting a trap for a villain, but still parade around at full power as Professor Preserver (or whatever).

All characters: Have the hero mystic/mentalist triple-check to make sure Dr. D isn't hanging out in MY body. And get a hero gadgeteer to triple-check Destroyer's technology to make sure there's no "back door" program hiding and waiting to (re)activate.

All my characters - start with Cygnia's idea. Then change the armor's look so they could do good. Turn in any bad guys I had info on, but claim bases (at least two) to put to good use.

Olorin would change the armor to look like - Olorin. Not so much an ego thing, but people tend to think he can do anything, so why not up the scale? Olroin could also look for problems with the mind side, but not the tech.

Futurian could check out the tech side. And then... "Man, I am going to have sooo much fun. Hey, pretty advanced for this time period, but not up to mine. He really did do a good job with the available tech, better than I could. Hey, he has one of those? Wow..." Blast follows - "Yep. Soooo much fun."

Oh, wow. The sheer opportunities...

Unfortunately, my GM is a b*****d, so I know this is a booby-trap of some sort and no matter how hard we try, Dr D. is going to take back over at the worst possible moment, so... pretty much attempt suicide and hope Dr. D isn't fast enough to stop it.

All characters: Have the hero mystic/mentalist triple-check to make sure Dr. D isn't hanging out in MY body. And get a hero gadgeteer to triple-check Destroyer's technology to make sure there's no "back door" program hiding and waiting to (re)activate.

Yeah that.

Badger- since he essentially had a bloodfeud with his universe's version of the Doc. Would consider it all worth it, if he is gone for good. If he cant get back inhis own body, and as long as the Doc cant get into it. Probably downpower the tech and pull a suicide by police. (as long as the Doc is defeated for good, his life mission is fulfilled)

Frosty Bob- holy (bleep). How the (bleep) can I pick up chicks with this rancid body?

Anthem has the armor modified so that it's less menacing before she turns the doc into a hero.

Uncle Slam might not enjoy the point drop. Just kidding; Slam is big for a hero, but he probably can't take Doc one-on-one... probably. I think similar to Anthem, Doc America would have a new career as a major level hero.

Audra Blue might actually leave the base. (She's a shut-in.) She'd definitely play nice up front but her ultimate goal would be to track down the man responsible for the cybernetics in her old body and bring him to justice. Sounds easy, since he's more of a normal master villain, but he's wiley. In fact I'd be surprised if he didn't have a plot to replace AB in Doc's body with himself.

If Economaster kept her powers, and thus had the signs that her role as economic defender was in tact, she would carefully distribute the Doc's technology into the general population in a way to best benefit the global market, disassemble and redistribute the material assets (money, bases, etc) into the various local areas from which they were drawn, and finally walk away to fulfill her own role.

If she *lost* her powers in the transfer, things would be more complicated. Part of her would want to just walk away from the whole super-world, and let the chips fall where they may. In the end, though, her loyalty to her old masters would be too strong and she would either do the same or, perhaps more frighteningly, see her role as necessary in supporting the 'supervillainous economy' that Dr Destroyer was such a part of and thus feel the need to continue his legacy.

The Golem would do everything possible to give the body back. As much as it longs to be human, its mind would still be 'incomplete' in this new body... and this was not a true redemption. Make sure the body doesn't survive my transfer back into the golem shell...

To answer my own question, I would use it to take down the other supervillain groups and claim it was part of the "master plan" to the minions to keep them from suspecting. Demon would be first. Dr.D would probably know about the Nazi bunker 13 used as a base for one of Demon's tier 2 leaders and from there trace the money lender in Brazil and the Shiva worshiper in India (I forget their names). If he could find out about the Nocturne "base" (the mind of a psychotic child), he'd send Destroyer's own psychics out there to take care of the problem. Finding out about the Inverted Trinity is probably too much to expect but with Destroyer's resources put to good use and add a willingness to work with heroic mystics it may be possible to not only discover the Inverted Trinity but how to destroy them as well.

For Viper, he would retrieve the Serpent Lantern then arrange for Viper to steal it back in such a way they know Destroyer is "letting" them have it. This will make them go nuts over whether or not it was booby trapped. It won't be, but Viper won't believe that and spend more time looking for a nonexistent trap. The war on Viper would be a war against their resource transportation system, the means in which communications and supplies go between bases. Isolate each next for local hero groups to bust so the organization as a whole with suffer.

Well, I would probably be playing a good guy in a rpg so I would more or less do some of the same stuff as the others mentioned. Now, If it was me in real life, as I am for real in the real world, I would try to find the real Destroyer's psyche so I could obliterate it utterly to make sure that he is no longer a possible threat. Then I would find a way to transfer my mind back into my body and still keep Dr. Destroyer's suit (since I'd have his knowledge, intelligence etc.). After I was certain that I could keep my own youthful body with Destroyer's superior intellect, knowledge, armor/powers, and stuff, I would fire/kill most of his minions. I would kill the powerful ones like the Destroyers outright. The rest I would just fire. I would possibly consider trying to murder Menton as well since he might come after me, depending on the opportunity. Perhaps even send the Destroyers after Menton and then while they are weakening each other slaughter whoever is left. I would then sell off his secondary tech (keep the good stuff for myself) and live well off his considerable wealth. Of course, those are my objectives. With Dr. Destroyer's superior intellect, I would have a much better way of executing those objectives that I would with my own modest intelligence.

Kaian/Striker-One: Assuming that his curse of immortality even allows this to happen (as its been pretty damn stubborn about allowing him any escape from having to be himself for eternity, however exotic), he pisses himself laughing.

Then spend a horrid several hours wrestling with temptation. Does he try the benevolent supervillain mastermind thing?

Of course, that would require immediately killing off 'Doctor Destroyer' in a grandiose public manner after first setting up the bulk of resources to be reclaimed by a newly-crafted false ID he's going to vanish into next, complete with radical cosmetic surgery as needed, but that's routine administrivia he could easily handle even before getting Destroyer's augmented IQ (which is the main incentive for Kaian to keep this; his own IQ used to be in the supervillain supergenius range, then got mystically cursed back down to 'peak human normal', and even though its been so long he's largely forgotten what it felt like... it felt good...). Not to mention informing his... well, the closest thing he has to a best friend... the ancient alien superhero Exemplar as to what just happened. (Kaian is more than genre savvy enough to know that you always, always, tell at least one trusted friend what you're up to when you intend to pull a 'Face Off' style gambit; the other way around is just so damn annoying.)

He'll probably eventually come to the conclusion that the whole 'trying to be a supervillain mastermind with an idealistic goal' is too close to how he originally fucked up his life in the first place and give the whole idea up as a bad job. This would be after he'd already drawn the first operational flowchart of exactly how he was going to do it, though.

And then quite cheerfully dump Doctor Destroyer's tech base out on the world in a way calculated to optimally split the difference between 'Get this done ASAP' and 'Not terminally disrupt the planetary stability'. Which would probably mean holding back the weapons tech for AEGIS/UNTIL use only, but, meh, the noncombat heals, logistics, "clean" pulson power generation, and other support techs alone would still be awesome.

As to how he ends up back in his own body? Simple. Shoot himself in the head. Either his immortality curse will kick back in and his soul will end up stuffed back in the same undying shell its been stuck in for twelve millennia (99+% probability), or it won't.

He really won't be that upset if its "won't". Its been a very long weary slog.