160 END 0

160 STUN 15 Total Characteristic Cost: 579

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 30"/120"

Leaping: 26"/52"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

150 Psionic Might: Multipower, 150-point reserve

11u 1) Domination: Mind Control 16d6 (Alien and Human classes of minds), Telepathic (+¼) (112 Active Points) 11

15u 2) Hallucinogens: Mental Illusions 13d6 (Alien and Human classes of minds), Area Effect: Radius (+1) (150 Active Points) 15

14u 3) Mind Probe: Telepathy 20d6 (Human and Alien classes of minds), Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (137 Active Points) 5

14u 4) Psionic Assault: Ego Attack 10d6 (Alien and Human classes of minds), Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (137 Active Points) 5

14u 5) Sanctuary Dome: (Total: 149 Active Cost, 136 Real Cost) Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing), Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1) (38 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-½) (Real Cost: 25) plus Force Wall (16 PD/16 ED; 2" long and 2" tall) (Alterable Size), Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (111 Active Points) (Real Cost: 111) 8

30m 6) Telekinetic Bolt: Energy Blast 24d6, Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (150 Active Points) 6

15u 7) Telekinetic Might: Telekinesis (85 STR), Affects Porous, Fine Manipulation (149 Active Points) 15

167 Vast Psionic Energies: Variable Power Pool (Obscure Psionic Powers of Varying Potency), 75 base + 37 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Half-Phase Action (+½), No Skill Roll Required (+1) (167 Active Points)

0 1) Let's Chat: Mind Link , Alien and Human classes of minds, Any Willing Target, Any distance, Number of Minds (x16) (50 Active Points) Real Cost: 50 0

Impregnable Form

20 1) Body Control: Power Defense (20 points) 0

10 2) Huge Size: Knockback Resistance -5" 0

58 3) Immortality Syndrome: (Total: 170 Active Cost, 58 Real Cost) Healing: Regeneration 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 ¼), Self Only (-½) (Real Cost: 25) plus +50 BODY (100 Active Points); Only To Prevent Death (-2) (Real Cost: 33) 0

80 4) Invulnerability: (Total: 80 Active Cost, 80 Real Cost) Damage Resistance (40 PD/40 ED), Hardened (+¼) (50 Active Points) (Real Cost: 50) plus Hardened (+¼) (15 Active Points) applied to PD (Real Cost: 15) plus Hardened (+¼) (15 Active Points) applied to ED (Real Cost: 15) 0

23 5) Iron Tower of the Mind: Mental Defense (30 points total) 0

32 6) Juggernaut of Destruction: Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (32 Active Points) applied to STR

10 7) Seamless Perfection: Lack of Weakness (-10) for Resistant Defenses 0

45 8) Total Life Support: Life Support (Eating Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping Character does not sleep) 0

Reality Warping

227 1) Flight of the Despero: Flight 30", Position Shift, x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼), Variable Advantage (+1 Advantages; +2) (227 Active Points) 10

Third-Eye Not Blind

5 1) Full Spectrum Vision: Infrared Perception (Sight Group) 0

5 2) Full spectrum Vision: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group) 0

3 3) Pointy Ears Get Good Reception: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) 0

15 4) Sees the Bity: Microscopic ( x1,000) with Sight Group 0

True Universal Translator

20 1) Basic UT: Universal Translator 13-

5 2) UT Body Language I: Detect Body Language Falsehood 13- (Sight Group) 0

5 3) UT Body Language II: Detect Subject's Current Emotional State 13- (Sight Group) 0

19 4) UT Decipherment: Cryptography 21-

5 5) UT Lie Detector: Detect Spoken Falsehood 13- (Hearing Group) 0

11 6) UT Math: SS: Mathematics 21-

10 7) UT Read Symbolism: Detect Symbolic Meaning 13- (Sight Group) 0

Perks

12 Hand me my brown pants. : Reputation: Intergalactic Menace (A large group) 14-, +4/+4d6

Talents

5 Let me check my iPhone..oh wait, I remember: Eidetic Memory

4 Super Speed Tricks: Lightning Reflexes: +10 DEX to act first with All Actions (15 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 ½), Costs Endurance (-½), Requires A Reality Warping Power Skill Roll (-½)

3 He's dead, J'onn: Simulate Death

Skills

16 +2 with All Combat

10 +2 with HTH Combat

15 +3 with Mental Combat

13 Reality Control: Power 18-

13 Vast Mental Powers: Power 21-

5 Computer Programming 14-

3 High Society 19-

3 Interrogation 19-

3 Navigation 13-

2 PS: Dictator 11-

5 Security Systems 14-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Chess (3 Active Points) 13-

2 2) KS: The Galactic "World" (3 Active Points) 13-

2 3) KS: The Superhuman World (3 Active Points) 13-

5 Systems Operation 14-

5 Tracking 14-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 1169

Total Cost: 1748

500+ Disadvantages

20 Distinctive Features: Pink Skinned Behemoth with three eyes. (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Virtually Everyone)

20 Hunted: Justice League of America 11- (As Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Other Enemies 11- (As Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Casual Killer (Common; Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common; Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Power-Hungry (Common; Strong)

15 Social Limitation: Nigh Universal Identity (Frequently; Major)

1123 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 1748

Background/History: From: http://www.comicvine.com/despero/29-9548/

On Despero's home world of Kalanor, the people of the world were much like humans but with much better technology. They were able to develop a nuclear energy source of incredible power. Many thought this new power was dangerous but the warnings were ignored and the planet was ravaged by high energy plasmas. Most of the species of Kalanor were eradicated, but those that survived were mutated into entirely different beings. Despero's race emerged and quickly became dominant through telepathic subjugation of the other species. There was much unrest on Kalanor and war brought out with Despero's father coming out the victor. When Despero was of age, he killed his father and took control of Kalanor.

Personality/Motivation: Arrogant World Conquerer of the Week. Has had a thing for Gypsy ('s death) in the past. Disliked J'onn J'onz and the Flash...actually he really dislikes everyone.

Quote: "Sorrow will consume your souls, I your blood."

Powers/Tactics: Originally a Mentalist who was kind of annoying. Then became a world beater, capable of bashing the DC heavies in hand to hand comabat and smacking around the best mentalists too.

Then He got reality warping powers and then he lost most of them.

This version is world beating and nasty. Oh and he can heal from a beheading. So there's that.

Campaign Use: Take on your team and some guest stars. This version can give my Superman a good battle but if you want to add more heroes, play fast and loose with his vpp and let him rip some stuff up. Or give him his eality warping powers at full force.

Appearance: Originally, Despero was a pink-skinned alien with a crest/fin on his his head like a crown giving him something of a shovel appearance. He had three golden eyes. The third being the focus for his psionic powers. He wore an orange costume with gray bracers, boots, belt and...I imagine, trunks.

Later when merged with the Flame of Py'tar, he became a hulking behemoth with red skin and his fin went lengthwise down his skull. In this form he wears a blue cape and nothing else, the radiation removing his manly parts. He did get ears out of the deal though.

Edit: ok I guess he does wear pants, just not in the pic I used.

96075-25506-despero.png

Re: Despero (5e, 1700 pts, no pants)

Now that I'm more awake, I worked on him last night during a bout with insomnia, I probably could have given him a lower Strength and used his Telekinesis to enhance it as it seems to be what he was using when Fighting Supes and Captain Marvel (And wonder woman and...) at the same time.

Now that I'm more awake, I worked on him last night during a bout with insomnia, I probably could have given him a lower Strength and used his Telekinesis to enhance it as it seems to be what he was using when Fighting Supes and Captain Marvel (And wonder woman and...) at the same time.

Yeah, in what I think of as his archetypal post-Crisis story (the JL arc where he killed Steel and Gypsy's family), he seemed to be at a slight disadvantage in a physical fight with J'onn J'onzz until he used his mental powers to compensate. And Guy Gardner was able to hurt him. Might be worth knocking both STR and basic PD/ED down a bit, and giving him multipower slots for TK enhancement and protection.

I think I'd advise lowering his Mental Defense and Power Defense by about 10 each too. J'onn was able to get an EGO+30 result on him with Mental Illusions once (admittedly with a great deal of effort, but he shouldn't be invulnerable to mental powers), and Zatanna was able to take him down with magic fairly easily.

I know in his earlier skinny form he was able to use mass hypnosis/mind control powers on a wide scale, but I haven't seen any evidence of that since he took on the hulked out form. Might have been a trade-off for boosting his physical abilities so much.

Yeah, in what I think of as his archetypal post-Crisis story (the JL arc where he killed Steel and Gypsy's family), he seemed to be at a slight disadvantage in a physical fight with J'onn J'onzz until he used his mental powers to compensate. And Guy Gardner was able to hurt him. Might be worth knocking both STR and basic PD/ED down a bit, and giving him multipower slots for TK enhancement and protection.

I think I'd advise lowering his Mental Defense and Power Defense by about 10 each too. J'onn was able to get an EGO+30 result on him with Mental Illusions once (admittedly with a great deal of effort, but he shouldn't be invulnerable to mental powers), and Zatanna was able to take him down with magic fairly easily.

I know in his earlier skinny form he was able to use mass hypnosis/mind control powers on a wide scale, but I haven't seen any evidence of that since he took on the hulked out form. Might have been a trade-off for boosting his physical abilities so much.

His fin went from Wide Band to Narrow Band.

Ok if I update him in the near future I'll take those into consideration. Where would you place him physically? J'onzz level?

Thereabouts. Probably equivalent STR and slightly lower PD since J'onn had him spitting out broken teeth with a punch. I might give him higher ED than PD though - he was merely stunned by having a TK Bolt reflected back by a Green Lantern energy bubble around his head, but from the text he likely intended it to be a kill shot against J'onn.

Guest steamteck

Thereabouts. Probably equivalent STR and slightly lower PD since J'onn had him spitting out broken teeth with a punch. I might give him higher ED than PD though - he was merely stunned by having a TK Bolt reflected back by a Green Lantern energy bubble around his head, but from the text he likely intended it to be a kill shot against J'onn.

On the other hand, I've seen him taking on Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman and Power girl all at the same time and going pretty well When he basically possessed Luthor in that JLA/JSA storyline. The name of the storyline eludes me at the moment

Oops, Enforcer did mention that already and said he thought he buuffed his STR with TK.

I though L-Ron was with Manga Khan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38944[/ATTACH]

He was but Khan traded him to the JL for the body of Despero and then later Kilowog transfered L-Ron's consciousness into the body of Despero. In an untold tale he has returned to his robot body.

On the other hand, I've seen him taking on Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman and Power girl all at the same time and going pretty well When he basically possessed Luthor in that JLA/JSA storyline. The name of the storyline eludes me at the moment

Oops, Enforcer did mention that already and said he thought he buuffed his STR with TK.

Yeah the shots I saw of that he had an energy aura around him, I took that as a TK enhance.

So much cooler than post crisis Mongul.

What was Pre Crisis Mongul like?

I admit though the name was corny I liked his kids Mongul and Mongal...right up until the Mongul simply beheaded her with his strength...which made no sense to me.

There really aren't enough bricks with higher ED than PD....

I might look into that.

What was Pre Crisis Mongul like?

I admit though the name was corny I liked his kids Mongul and Mongal...right up until the Mongul simply beheaded her with his strength...which made no sense to me.

PC Mongul was a more devious villain, and also sufficiently powerful to stalemate or even best PC Superman. His version of Warworld was more like a frackin' Death Star. And he was in one of the few Alan Moore stories I didn't hate, "For the Man Who Has Everything".