Best Fora for Urban Fantasy

Vondy

I wanted to ask Herodom Assembled which fora is most appropriate for non-MHI urban fantasy related threads: this is fantasy, but its historically been more "traditional" fantasy, while dark champions covers the urban part and would also fit. A distant third would be "pulp." Your thoughts?

The Fantasy forum is fine unless the aforementioned Urban Fantasy forum is created. It would do the trick anyways. Just preface your threads with "UFH:" so that we know you're talking Urban Fantasy Hero. Not that the context would not be immediately apparent once the reader delved into the meat of the post.  Just my $0.02.

Urban Fantasy encompasses a lot of styles. There's a world of difference between something almost romantic as e.g. Gaiman's Neverwhere, Dresden Files/World of Darkness in the middle, and large caliber monster hunting on the other end. I guess you get more gunswers in the MHI/DC forum, whereas for magic systems and spells FH would be a good choice. Monsters/races in all fora, including the generic one.

I would generally agree that the Fantasy forum would be appropriate. Having said that I think someone was using Dark Champions for a specific Urban Fantasy game and there have been a few generic questions in the MHI thread as well.

One of the reasons I asked is that the UFH book actually has a "Hudson City Shadows" campaign setting with notes on how to edit out the costumed vigilantes in it. And Vibora Bay is a mystic-heavy setting to start with. Remove the costumed freaks, lower the stats of the published characters a little, and convert the magic power frameworks into stand-alone spells ala the UFH or Grimoire and you have "Vibora Bay Shadows."