Updating Brick

Ninja-Bear

Looking at my ol' rulebook (Revised ed., copyright '82, printed in '83), Life Support was thus:

• 5 pts Character may breathe underwater
  • 10 pts ....does not have to breathe, immune to inhaled gas
  • 15 pts ...immune to gasses absorbed through the skin
  • 20 pts ...survive in space or under high pressure
  • 25 pts ...need not eat or excrete
  • 30 pts ...survive under conditions of extreme heat, cold, radiation, pressure, etc., although he still takes damage from attacks of these natures due to shock.

Each category includes all those above it, cost no END to use.

I'm about 90% certain Life Support didn't change from 2e to 3e.  The one stardogchamp posted is the same as in my 3e book, 1984.  

The Viper's Nest adventure also appeared in the 3e book, as did numerous characters -- Cheshire Cat, Ogre, Brick, Pulsar, Shrinker, Icestar, and a few others.  

Fwiw I read Brick's small background and there is nothing mentioned about any special breathing at all. If some one has any fluff text on a later verision (or spelled out power build) I would like to know.

You'll find things like this on many of the early characters. If there was anything published that gave more of an explanation for Brick, I don't remember it.

4th. He's not in Coils.

Viper (Hero Games #425) by Scott Bennie & Cliff Christiansen. Page 118. (Something I picked up after my 4th edition days were over.)

Looks like he increased to 10 pts. self-contained breathing from the earlier 5 pts. Whether by his rocket fuel chemical vapor origin, or the subsequent experiments to increase his powers or grant him new powers.

• 8 months later...

Good GMing tips and character building stuff in that edition yeah

Exactly. I love the hero and villian option for the characters. Surpised that some of the background for some of the characters were different such as Green Dragon. And some had alittle different abilites. Not builds but different powers altogether.