Agents Of SHIELD!

wcw43921

The Avengers would have been too powerful a force against Hydra if allowed to be part of the Framework simulation. I can easily see why AIDA left them out (or extracted them from Radcliffe's original version, if they were ever there to begin with). Not that anyone in the Avengers other than Cap ever dealt with them anyway...

I'm guessing she used data on inhuman powers that SHIELD had gathered (or Hydra via Fitz's mad science experiments) to replicate the blind teleporter's powers, and probably others' as well.

That's my take on it as well.  She (I guess we can call her she now) doesn't seem the type to accept a downgrade just to be able to enjoy smelling the roses.  If you're techno-magically building a living body anyways why *not* improve on the original design specifications?

I'm guessing she used data on inhuman powers that SHIELD had gathered (or Hydra via Fitz's mad science experiments) to replicate the blind teleporter's powers, and probably others' as well.

I certainly hope that's not true. Unless AIDA is wielding the Power Cosmic, I don't think there should be any way for her to "replicate" terrigenesis.

Terrigensis is a process that requires terrigen gas, which as far as we know, AIDA does not have access to. Her machine would have to replicate terrigenesis while constructing the body "from scratch". There's no way her machine could replicate that process without all the necessary ingredients, which includes not only the terrigen particles, but DNA that not only produces the exact likeness of Agnes, but is also capable of interacting with terrigen so as to produce a particular power (like teleportation). The machine is fancy, but not that fancy.

Unless, of course, we want to handwave all of that with the "Darkhold Magic!" cop-out. But I'm trying to give the writers the benefit of the doubt on that. Of course, that benefit has proven undeserved in the past.

Eh, I just thought since Madame Hydra has a teleportation power in the comics, they were just trying to replicate that character. I try to not analyze things too closely and just enjoy the spectacle.

Alt!HYDRA is probably having some organization troubles right now, since the leadership vanished.

I really hope Alt!Ward somehow manages to follow them through Aida's device. Since that world is running on a computer in a submarine, I don't think it has long to last.

Terrigensis is a process that requires terrigen gas, which as far as we know, AIDA does not have access to. Her machine would have to replicate terrigenesis while constructing the body "from scratch". There's no way her machine could replicate that process without all the necessary ingredients, which includes not only the terrigen particles, but DNA that not only produces the exact likeness of Agnes, but is also capable of interacting with terrigen so as to produce a particular power (like teleportation). The machine is fancy, but not that fancy.

Unless, of course, we want to handwave all of that with the "Darkhold Magic!" cop-out. But I'm trying to give the writers the benefit of the doubt on that. Of course, that benefit has proven undeserved in the past.

Why do you assume she has to replicate terrigenesis when she can build a body by the molecule? All she has to do is copy the end result.

I really hope Alt!Ward somehow manages to follow them through Aida's device. Since that world is running on a computer in a submarine, I don't think it has long to last.

The submarine is just an access point these days.  They already stated earlier in the season that the Framework was basically running on a zombie bot net.  The submarine might have the master code in its computers but that's nothing that they couldn't copy over to a SHIELD mainframe - and they probably would if it meant keeping Mac alive.

Since they decided to double down on the 'it's a simulation - they're all avatars' instead of the 'the darkhold made it real' approach, though, Mac's decision is brutally selfish: millions of co-opted cycles from computers around the world and mainframe resources and emotional pain from real people who care about him for the ultimate single person Sims game.

As a father I get it on some level but I don't like it.  I was ok with someone staying if the world was 'real' after all.  I was ok with bringing his daughter out.  I was ok with technical complications forcing someone to stay - like Mac having to hold the portal open for Daisy somehow, for example.  I'm less ok with this and hope (without much hope) that they fix it somehow by the finale.

He believed at the end after he saw the 'world' rippling as people went through the portal - that's why he told Daisy to tell those who loved him there 'I'm sorry'.  He just chose a simulation with his daughter over a world without her.

Again, as a father I can see the appeal.  I truly can.  It's a lousy corner the writers painted him into - which is why I hoped for one of my other scenarios mentioned to play out.

Once AIDA's dealt and if Fitz comes back in any meaningful capacity I guess there's nothing stopping them from getting the 'beacons' working or fortifying the back door and entering and leaving the Framework at will... so I guess not all hope is lost. Until the writers say 'oh, it's changed now... no going back'.  Still, it's a weak exit for a character if it's truly an exit.

The Russian had access to terigen for his terror attacks, like when they made Nitro, so Aida should have no problem getting some. I don't think it was necessary though. If I was building a body from scratch I'd give it superpowers and Aida has access to the Inhuman database and Darkhold tech for blueprints. Definitely not a stretch for an origin story.

Eh, I just thought since Madame Hydra has a teleportation power in the comics, they were just trying to replicate that character. I try to not analyze things too closely and just enjoy the spectacle.

Alt!HYDRA is probably having some organization troubles right now, since the leadership vanished.

I forgot about Madame Hydra's teleportation powers.

I hope this means Jessica Drew will show up at some point.

Why do you assume she has to replicate terrigenesis when she can build a body by the molecule? All she has to do is copy the end result.

Copying an "end result" in this case means copying an existing Inhuman. Otherwise the machine would have to replicate the process of terrigenesis during the construction of the body. Which would also require constructing a version of Agnes that somehow had the DNA markers capable of transformation (rather than death) during terrigenesis. That's a tall order unless you're willing to just handwave everything under the category of "It's Magic!" (a lazy crutch I have little regard for unless you're talking about children's fairy tales).

Copying an "end result" in this case means copying an existing Inhuman.

Seriously. This is all your head canon.

I thought it was a bit out of left field to give her the teleport power, too, but since it seems to be an ability the comic analog has I see why they did it. The most logical in-universe explanation is that she copied the ability from an inhuman if it's innate or that she has access to a teleportation device. I'm assuming the former, because I don't think we've seen teleportation tech in the MCU yet.

Knock him out and shove him through. He'll figure it out after he wakes up in the real world.

The only problem is that by the time it was down to him and Skye/Daisy/Shake-n-Bake, there was no way she could accomplish it. If she knocks him out, she has to throw him over with one hand while keeping the portal clear with the other. Or jumping while carrying him. Mac's too big for those solutions to work.

Though I probably shouldn't try to apply too much logic to the Framework stuff.

Seriously. This is all your head canon.

I thought it was a bit out of left field to give her the teleport power, too, but since it seems to be an ability the comic analog has I see why they did it. The most logical in-universe explanation is that she copied the ability from an inhuman if it's innate or that she has access to a teleportation device. I'm assuming the former, because I don't think we've seen teleportation tech in the MCU yet.

It isn't head canon, it is merely logic.

You can't just copy an ability if you are replicating something molecule for molecule. To copy just an ability, which is the result of a process of cellular change over time, you have to replicate that process (of change) itself. In the case of a power expressed in an Inhuman, that process is terrigenesis. Her machine would have to be capable of replicating that process. But if it can, then I would expect her to have gifted herself with every Inhuman power she had data on, not just teleportation. If she doesn't, then her machine makes no logical sense.

It would make more sense to me if we were to discover that they are all still in the Framework, and that jumping through Radcliffe's "backdoor" did nothing more than pop them up one level in the stack, so to speak, and that they are still stuck in the next Inception-like layer of the simulation. But I doubt the writers are being that sophisticated either.

It isn't head canon, it is merely logic.

It's merely your logic. AKA head canon.

I'm not saying it isn't a bad plot twist. I'm just saying that the only explanations that fit within the show are either copied superpower or device. Or . . .

It would make more sense to me if we were to discover that they are all still in the Framework, and that jumping through Radcliffe's "backdoor" did nothing more than pop them up one level in the stack, so to speak, and that they are still stuck in the next Inception-like layer of the simulation. But I doubt the writers are being that sophisticated either.

This would be cool, too. I don't think they have enough episodes left to play with that idea, though, so had discarded it.

But if it can, then I would expect her to have gifted herself with every Inhuman power she had data on, not just teleportation.

I'm kind of expecting something along those lines, if the explanation turns out to be copied powers. But who knows this season? There hasn't been much internal consistency so far, and I'm not expecting them to start now.

Every useful Inhuman power it is - just like we thought. At least those from those Inhumans they'd caught already.

I thought the episode was pretty well done.  It made a lot of good points - since AIDA was following the directives of her programming and was incapable of having a conscience how responsible COULD she be for how she acted on her programming?  By giving her free will and humanity and then having her CHOOSE the writers have made her a villain.

And opened her up to the Penance Stare from a returned Ghost Rider

It was nice to see Yo-Yo make my complaints about the Mac situation on camera nearly word for word.