Wall of Fire

Tech

I'd like to build a wall of fire power: the character is a fire-user and can generate a wall of fire. The wall can be several hexes long but cannot be moved once created (I'm not totally set on the 'cannot be moved once created' part, yet). Also, the power is not disrupted if someone wants to jump through it - they'll just take damage. Energy attacks can go through it as well without disrupting it. However, commonsense things like water, fire retardant, etc can disrupt/neutralize the wall of fire.

I haven't decided if the character will need to keep burning END for it, or if the wall will run off it's own amount of End (or charges lasting a certain time).

So, how would you build this?

I'd like to build a wall of fire power: the character is a fire-user and can generate a wall of fire. The wall can be several hexes long but cannot be moved once created (I'm not totally set on the 'cannot be moved once created' part, yet). Also, the power is not disrupted if someone wants to jump through it - they'll just take damage. Energy attacks can go through it as well without disrupting it. However, commonsense things like water, fire retardant, etc can disrupt/neutralize the wall of fire.

I haven't decided if the character will need to keep burning END for it, or if the wall will run off it's own amount of End (or charges lasting a certain time).

So, how would you build this?

How's this:

Wall of Fire:  Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Costs Endurance Only To Activate (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Area Of Effect (16m Long, 4m Tall, 2m Wide Line; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (41 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) 41 active points, 21 real

Note that this version only uses END to activate: you can remove that if you want to invest END in the Wall to determine how long it burns for.

Also note that this would make Uncontrolled, already STOP-signed, even more powerful. The book advises that one should set a time limit on the power in addition to the negating conditions.

Hi Sean! 

Hi Marcus!

Good point: I'd probably require the thing to go out by itself after a while (as well as going out if anything fire-extinguishery were done to it).