BATMAN-Contacts

JmOz

Ok, so YET ANOTHER how to build Batman thread

Right now I am working on a fairly accurate clone of old Cowl head, and was wondering who would you all consider as contacts for him...This is a historical view of the character, so do not limit him to the current (Which I have not read any sense new 52)

Currently

JL*

Superman

Harvey bullock

James Gordon

Oracle

Titans

Outsiders

"Street level"

Anyone else?  More and More and More please

Bat-Mite as a contact. A low chance of contacting him, but he could do so just by saying his name.

1 Basic 8- Contact
+3 Contact Has Extremely Useful Skills or resources
+3 Contact is slavishly loyal to character

(8- because Bat-Mite isn't always watching, might miss hearing his name being called)

Batman has Followers, Contacts, DNPC, Watchers, and Enemies.

Followers

Gotham Knights

Robin I/Nightwing (Dick Grayson)

Batgirl I (Barbara Gordon)

Robin III/Red Robin (Tim Drake)

Batgirl II/Black Bat (Cassandra Cain)

Huntress I (Helena Wayne)

Huntress II (Helena Bertinelli)

Spoiler (Stephane Brown)

Batwoman (Kathy Kane)

Bat-Girl/Flamebird (Betty Kane)

Catwoman (Selina Kyle) (When She is Good)

Alfred Pennyworth

The Outsiders

Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)

Black Lightning (Jefferson Pierce)

Metamorpho (Rex Mason)

Halo (Gabrielle Doe)

Geo-Force (Brion Markov)

Looker (Emily Briggs)

Contacts

Superman

Justice League of America

Teen Titans

Lois Lane

James Gordon (When Batman Needs Something)

Amanda Waller

The Brave and the Bold (Ever Superhero that Batman has worked with over the years)

DNPC

Alfred Pennyworth

Lucius Fox

Selena Kyle (When Catwoman gets in trouble)

James Gordon (When He Needs Batman)

The Brave and the Bold (DC superhero in trouble)

Leslie Tompkins

Watchers

Amanda Waller (She watches everone)

Gotham City Police Department (Batman is technically outside the law)

Enemies

Catwoman (Mild/NCI - When she is Bad)

Joker

Riddler

Bane

Penguin

Scarecrow

Dr. Hugo Strange (NCI)

You'd think they would be more enemies, but Batman is the one doing the hunting.

Okay, I'd add "Watched" by Bat-Mite. Depending on what kind of Batman we're talking about.

Remember when you could take "Hunting" as a disadvantage?

Batman is the Hunted of the various Gotham City villains not Hunting Batman.  Batman would not hunt any villain in particular with the possible exception of the Joker, which is why the writers have to fake his death to let Batman move on.

Hunting someone is simply a Psych Lim.

I know you can take it that way now, and you can make most things work one way or another, which I admire about the system.

But I liked it when it was a kind of separate thing, when it was separate from a psychological quirk. Like, "I'm claustrophobic, and that's from my childhood. But I have to find this guy and bring him to justice because I said I would."

I know "because I said I would" is a Psych thing. But I liked the heroic feeling that Duty was somehow quite separate from being a little loopy.

It's semantics in a sense, but I'm waxing nostalgiac here, not quibbling. Or maybe I'm doing both.

PS: You could argue that a Hunted is in some way a Psych Complication, because you obviously rubbed the guy (or gal) the wrong way with your personality. Psych Limit: Rubs people the wrong way to the point they want to kill him.

I guess I'd like to see "Duty/Honor/Tradition" as a separate category. Code vs. Killing etc.

He had a Deep Cover as "Matches" Malone, with Matches' own contacts in the Gotham Underworld, till the real Matches came back to Gotham and spoiled that.

Malone was dead, which was why Batman could get away with the act.

I thought it was Spoiler initiating Batman's Wargames project that ruined Malone's cover for him.

I go back and forth whether heroes should have to take other people on their team as Contacts.  Obviously PCs don't have to do that, I'm only talking about when I write up NPC heroes.  Should Batman have to pay to be friends with Wonder Woman?  They're both on the JLA together.  I lean towards "no".