Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

2 strong women in a row!  Nice.

As we start  Round 5: Heavy Equipment, I just want to clarify: are we talking any external source of power - technological, magic or organic? 

This is correct. They can have some powers without the focii (frex Thor) but the bulk of their abilities should be coming from an outside source. Technology magic and other all count for sfx.

What about someone with multiple 'focii' with powers? Just weighing my options.

Depends on what you mean. The answer is probably yes. PM me if you want to ask a specific without giving it away.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me: "Okay everyone, time for a team meeting! AVENGE... I mean, Monster Mash Assemble!!!"

Mystique: "Lay off with that name. Not all of us are 'monsters', Rosie."

Me: With a slight sigh I look down "I thought I told you not to call me Rosie, Mystique."

Mystique: "And I told you not to lump me in with the monsters, Rosie."

Me: "Okay, okay. Deal."

Big Green: "SHREEOONGK!"

Me: "Settle down, Big Green. I know I forgot the chips but we will pick up some McD's afterwards.." -- *Last season he already bankrupted me on feeding bills and I didn't win... But we if don't pull through this time Mr. Tony is going to have my head... Literally..."

Me: "Okay, so I called everyone here to inform you of our newest recruit before he arrives."

Nightcrawler "I thought you were going to check with us before committing to the next one. What changed your mind."

Me: "Well, yeah, I was but I already was contractually obligated to bring this one on so my hands were tied."

Groot: "I am Groot"

Me: "Goot, I know. Just give me a sec. Okay?!"

Mystique: "What did the walking Fern say? Not all of us speak plant, ya know."

Groot: "I am GROOT!"

Nightcrawler: "Let's just get back on topic, mother. As you were saying Rose..."

Me: "Yes. So, as I was saying, I already made a deal to bring on the next guy when I hired Groot. He was a package deal."

Mystique: "Great. We get another female badass."

Me: "Well, no. Not quite."

Groot: "I am Groot"

Mystique: "Pipe down you chia pet."

Nightcrawler; "Don't be so harsh with your words. Groot is a fine person. Now, Rose, does this mean we are getting Drax? He should be able to go toe to toe even with the likes of Ben Grim.

Me: "Well, no, he wasn't available. Something about avenging his family. No, we got..."

New Guy: "Hey! Sorry to be late but, ya know, stuff. Where's the grub?"

Godzilla "SHREEEONGK!"

Me: "Really, both of you are in on this now? Give me a break. Do you have any idea how hard it is to cater for Big Green? I've been living on Ramen Noodles for a season and a half now! And even then I have to ration it out to just one a day! 

New Guy: "Alright! Don't bite my head off. But if we don't get the big guy fed soon I think he might start biting heads off. So how about we speed this up." Looks over to Mystique "Sup, toots. Where you been all my life?"

Mystique: "Really? A talking Racoon. That is what we are going to use to beat Sinestro, Ms. Marvel, The Hulk, and Magneto... You are F*ing stupid, aren't you..."

Me: "Language! Look, I wanted Groot and Rocket has great weapon's expertise. And we never know what the terrain will provide for us, so, ya know, he could turn out to be a great resource...

Mystique: "You know the first chance I get to jump ship I am, right? This ship is going to sink faster than the one the Lizard man knocked over this morning."

Godzilla: "SHREEEOONGK!"

Me: "Yeah. I know. It wasn't your fault. Look, I know everyone is on edge but it is okay. I have a great idea for the next round. Just hold on for another day (or two), okay? Now lets get some McD's... Oh, and by the way, can anyone spot me a couple mill. I seem to be short..."

---

Monster Mash welcomes Rocket Raccoon to the stage! His expertise and long history with Groot shall prove to be quite valuable. 

Spoiled for size:

rocket_raccoon_and_groot_by_tylerkirkham

La Rose. 

"What the- " Barda tossed her diet cola across the room in disbelief. "We've been sniped!" 

"Now now, Pussycat," Scott Free, known in costume as Mister Miracle pat his wife's shoulder looking at the monitor bank with mild disarray, "I'm sure the guy upstairs knows what he's doing."

Barda fumed and raised her finger, "The guy upstairs chose a Raccoon last season."

"Yes, but-"

"A REGULAR Racoon."

"He's gotten better..." Scott sighed, at least this time he'd been allowed to keep Barda company. The commlink lit up and Barda answered.

"Well?"

Her frown began to edge upwards into a smile. 

"That works. We'll take him."

The Armies of Heaven add the Most Powerful Weapon in (a) Universe!  ...And the poor sod wearing it. 

Tech Jacket

1160668-tech_jacket_trade_cover_by_valst

Barda nodded, "That's good. We can use him. But things will get "Interesting" for those who dared choose one of our picks."

She frowned as the commlink lit up again.

Then she tossed the remote at one of the outer monitors.

"What? What happened?" Scott was worried at how seriously she was taking this. Though by now he should have known better.

"I was told that it was a squirrel, NOT a raccoon."

Another really obvious choice, a combat veteran flying an armored suit that's just been updated again...

James Rhodes, the War Machine.

And not precisely the first song you might have thought of, but war it is...

I had War Machine last season. Some folks complained I didn't use him enough, but then that was a times like when I was facing teams with Magneto ;) As you have Magneto, this is an excellent follow up. Glad he got a new home

"What the- " Barda tossed her diet cola across the room in disbelief. "We've been sniped!" 

"Now now, Pussycat," Scott Free, known in costume as Mister Miracle pat his wife's shoulder looking at the monitor bank with mild disarray, "I'm sure the guy upstairs knows what he's doing."

Barda fumed and raised her finger, "The guy upstairs chose a Raccoon last season."

"Yes, but-"

"A REGULAR Racoon."

"He's gotten better..." Scott sighed, at least this time he'd been allowed to keep Barda company. The commlink lit up and Barda answered.

"Well?"

Her frown began to edge upwards into a smile. 

"That works. We'll take him."

The Armies of Heaven add the Most Powerful Weapon in (a) Universe!  ...And the poor sod wearing it. 

Tech Jacket

1160668-tech_jacket_trade_cover_by_valst

Barda nodded, "That's good. We can use him. But things will get "Interesting" for those who dared choose one of our picks."

And I learn yet another new character. Since he's from the Invincible universe I will assume he's cool.

Another really obvious choice, a combat veteran flying an armored suit that's just been updated again...

James Rhodes, the War Machine.

And not precisely the first song you might have thought of, but war it is...

Which suit will he be wearing? (So I can find appropriate picture.)

As for Carol, while I'm not crazy about some the changes they did to her in New Guardians, I've loved her revamp since Johns salvaged the GL verse and long thought she should be allowed membership in the Justice League or something. Heck, I'd probably give her a shot at least a solo mini. I love Hal, but Carol holds her own in the same categories as pilot and hero, plus she's got business sense and... you know, curves.

How can you not love her. really, how can you not love her. :snicker: 

Maybe she should date the Eternal Starfox?