Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

To be clear, my drafting of Blue Beetle and the accompanying story is in NO way, shape, or form meant to disparage Hermit. Hermit is a great guy whom I both like and respect.

The story was just too much fun not to do.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the first part, there was Pizza party toga night for all the team members and since I could only keep one, EVERYONE but Dick was, by order of the comish released and that was part of an honor pact.

Second...

I've been sniped.

AND the victim of libel

Talk about adding insult to injury :P

So, does that mean you are going with Silver Senior, then? 

La Rose. 

To be clear, my drafting of Blue Beetle and the accompanying story is in NO way, shape, or form meant to disparage Hermit. Hermit is a great guy whom I both like and respect.

The story was just too much fun not to do.

Uh huh sure...no hard feelings

:bmk:

:tonguewav

But truly a good pick, which is why I was going to grab him. Jaime is heavy weaponry, hard shelled, magic dampening machine, who's a fun guy to boot :) (As some who faced him know).... so excellent pick and at least he's gone to a good home even if it wasn't back with me.

Uh huh sure...no hard feelings

:bmk:

:tonguewav

But truly a good pick, which is why I was going to grab him. Jaime is heavy weaponry, hard shelled, magic dampening machine, who's a fun guy to boot :) (As some who faced him know).... so excellent pick and at least he's gone to a good home even if it wasn't back with me.

Thanks. I'll try not to get him rebooted.

The other cool thing about having Jaime is that with Goldstar, I now have Booster and Beetle: The Next Generation.

Looking over the assembled members I begin with a slightly lower and solemn voice as I open "I am sorry to say that my initial choice for this round, ****, was nixed by the high and mighty commish."

"I am Groot?"

"He apparently didn't quite fit in with the rules of this round. His alternate titles and alias don't count." I respond. 

And with a chuckle Mystique speaks up "Of course they don't. Seriously, you're the team captain, Rosie?"

And with a twinge of defensiveness "Hey, everyone makes mistakes, ya know."

"And some make them more often than others."

"Now now, Mother" Kurt chimes in. "Let's not focus on what we can not change."

"SHREEEOOONGK!"

"Yeah, I am with the Big-Big Guy" Rocket says in following. "So, who is up next?"

Getting back on to topic I continue "Well, as you know it must be someone with a color in their title. But more than that I want to try and keep with our non-human theme for all of this."

"I am Groot." 

"Yeah, I know that doesn't leave us with many choices. That is why I am here asking for help."

"Well, what about Red Devil?" Rocket offers up. 

"Yeah, I thought about that but doesn't that tread too closely on Nightcrawler's shtick?" I respond back. 

"Black Bolt could offer some good company for a change" Mystique quips. 

"No, no, no. Theme, Mystic, remember our theme. He is all wrong"

"I am Groot" Groot tries to suggest. 

"SHREEEONGK"

"I am sorry to disappoint you but Red Hulk was already taken." I have to respond. "But speaking of monstrous transformations, that gives me an idea!". I rush over to check the rosters that have been updated so far. And a quick moment of hope wells up inside of me. "I've got it!"

"Got what, Rose?" Kurt asks. 

"Well, my original pick for the Mystique slot was going to be Otto Octavius's Superior Spiderman but I didn't think he was abnormal enough to cut it so I went with Mystique to better fit the theme."

"You mean I was almost not dragged into this BS?" Mystique jolts up from her seat. 

"Oh sit down toots" Rocket says as he shoots her a sweet little smile. "Let the man finish, will ya!"

"Thanks. Now as I was saying, I didn't go with a Spider-Person that round BUT then again no one else has either. That means he is wide open. And he has the full on Spider Transformation now. Can't get more monstrous than a giant spider that can even mind control other spiders, can ya."

"Just kill me now..." Mystique laments "A raccoon, A tree, A lizard, A demon, and now a Spider. You need some serious help, Rosie."

--

Monster Mash is proud to announce our newest recruit: Kaine - The Scarlet Spider - Man Spider and all!

3116190-2954042-img_1574.jpg

La Rose. 

F***!!!!!

Sniped Again! Well, Sorta... I was gonn pick Ben Reilly's Scarlet Spider...

But instead I think I'll go for...

INDIGO!!! (AKA, Braniac 8)

184px-IndigoDC.jpg

• 1 bonus point if the color is not green
  • 3 bonus points if the color is also not red, blue, black, or white
  • 2 bonus point if the character was created after 1986
  • 3 bonus points if the pick is selected within 24 hours
  • 3 bonus points if the character has never died* (Nevermind... just re-read her Wiki entry)
  • 1 bonus point if the character chosen is female

So that makes 10 points for me - yay!

Will PM Hermit in a bit...

So, does anyone have any ideas for a theme song for Scarlet Spider? I was thinking "The Animal I've become" but that seems a bit odd. And I thought about 紅月 (Akatuski - Red Moon) by Baby Metal but that also seems a bit off. If nothing else I will go with the latter but I thought I would open it up for suggestions first. 

La Rose. 

Sorry about that. Ben Reilly was a good version too, but I wanted the full on "Other" Man-Spider to fit my theme. 

La Rose. 

I would think someone could still pick Ben Reilly's Scarlet Spider.  This version is Kane and they are distinctly different characters.

I would think someone could still pick Ben Reilly's Scarlet Spider.  This version is Kane and they are distinctly different characters.

I wonder about that, too. But I think that is a no-no. We are not allowed to pick people that hold the same mantle, I think. Thus Since Nightwing was picked, we can't pick any of the other Robins. But I could be easily wrong. I know for sure we aren't allowed to pick alternate universe versions of the same character. Thus we can't get New52 Bat and Pre-Crisis Bat. Only one Bruce regardless of continuity. 

La Rose. 

I wonder about that, too. But I think that is a no-no. We are not allowed to pick people that hold the same mantle, I think. Thus Since Nightwing was picked, we can't pick any of the other Robins. But I could be easily wrong.

La Rose.

I think this is incorrect. Even though Hermit has Dickie Grayson, I could still select, for example, Jason Todd. I just couldn't draft any alternate universe version of Nightwing.

As the saying goes, you draft the man, not the mask.

I think this is incorrect. Even though Hermit has Dickie Grayson, I could still select, for example, Jason Todd. I just couldn't draft any alternate universe version of Nightwing.

As the saying goes, you draft the man, not the mask.

This is correct. So Ben Reilly and Terry McGinnis are both still available, for example.