Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Round 4, a brick mentalist combo, a beauty to behold, and a woman capable of holding her own against Superman (Though she'd rather hold other things against him)

Pick: Maxima

• 4 bonus points if the character has never starred in their own solo ONGOING title or MINISERIES (Not sure if the 5 pointer also applies)

I believe she's currently a criminal in the nu 52 (2 points)

Within 24 hours (3 points)

Female (1 point)

Never died? (3 points if so)

maxima-dc.jpg

theme song   ;)

Round 5 - Heavy Equipment
Character's primary power is sourced from a focus, including (but not exclusive to) standard firearms and martial arts weapons.

My pick: Star Sapphire aka Carol Ferris

2 bonus points if character did not create focus
 3 bonus points if the focus is not unique

3 points 24 hours

1 Point She's a woman

(Not sure if she ever died or not. Honestly I lose tracks of deaths sometimes)

• 4 bonus points if the character has never starred in their own solo ONGOING title or MINISERIES (Not sure if the 5 pointer also applies)

Hit it Huey

carol_ferris___new_52_by_diegoolortegui-

2 strong women in a row!  Nice.

As we start  Round 5: Heavy Equipment, I just want to clarify: are we talking any external source of power - technological, magic or organic?  What about someone with multiple 'focii' with powers? Just weighing my options.

I admit to helping escalate the 'arms race' we have going, though I'm going to try to de-escalate it and follow my heart the next couple rounds.  I think we should all commit to 'fun' characters in the last (free) round.

2 strong women in a row!  Nice.

As we start  Round 5: Heavy Equipment, I just want to clarify: are we talking any external source of power - technological, magic or organic?  What about someone with multiple 'focii' with powers? Just weighing my options.

I admit to helping escalate the 'arms race' we have going, though I'm going to try to de-escalate it and follow my heart the next couple rounds.  I think we should all commit to 'fun' characters in the last (free) round.

Thanks. Maxima was one of three 'bad girls turned good and maybe bad again' I was considering as it just seemed a bit silly not to have a little estrogen on the team when the super universes are full of hot chicks classy broads  strong women :) Emma was at the top of that list but got snipped. I won't mention the third in case I need her later. But Maxima also fills my need for another powerhouse who can hold her own against the likes of Juggernaut or Black Adam.

As for Carol, while I'm not crazy about some the changes they did to her in New Guardians, I've loved her revamp since Johns salvaged the GL verse and long thought she should be allowed membership in the Justice League or something. Heck, I'd probably give her a shot at least a solo mini. I love Hal, but Carol holds her own in the same categories as pilot and hero, plus she's got business sense and... you know, curves.

Yeah, I admit the GL-verse just became too much work to follow for me.  We have (had) what, seven - ten corps now?  Each contributing dozens of characters and hundreds of extras?  Say 'when', guys!

Oh, I love the rainbow power idea myself, and some great characters have come out of it (Big fan of Saint Walker) so I don't want them to undo it, but downplaying it now and then is best. (Damn if Guy wasn't a great Red though)

But then if i go into chatter on the comics I worry it'll distract from the arena too much because I go on and on and on ;)

Star Sapphire! Why didn't I think of her?

(Because I'm a yutz, that's why.)

Probably because you had the reverse situation I was in with an almost all woman team (and then you brought in Juggy :) )

Though as others have pointed out, even with Sinestro and Carol taken, there are plenty of ring slingers on the table. 

For my next pick, I choose Mimic

250px-Mimic%28comic%29.jpg

• 3 bonus points if the pick is selected within 24 hours
  • 3 bonus points if the character has never died*

Oh, and speaking of scary picks, between Rogue and Mimic, it's just not safe to have powers half the time anymore , at least not when facing Bluecloud's squad.

Sent him a PM btw.

Round 5 - Heavy Equipment

Character's primary power is sourced from a focus, including (but not exclusive to) standard firearms and martial arts weapons.

My pick: Star Sapphire aka Carol Ferris

3 bonus points if the focus is not unique

3 points 24 hours

1 Point She's a woman

(Not sure if she ever died or not. Honestly I lose tracks of deaths sometimes)

Hit it Huey

carol_ferris___new_52_by_diegoolortegui-

NO!!!!!!! Sniped Again!

Fine! I'll just take...

LARFLEEZE!!!

250px-Larfleeze01.jpg

For 8 points total

Go for Pariah!

NO!!!!!!! Sniped Again!

Fine! I'll just take...

LARFLEEZE!!!

250px-Larfleeze01.jpg

For 8 points total

Go for Pariah!

Well, Carol still has nicer legs!

I should be home in the next hour or two. My pick will not come any sooner than that.

Sorry for the delay.

We had the lovely pleasure of moving my brother yesterday. Boy! Was that fun! Especially since we moved him from the third floor of an apartment complex. Man! Those stairs were wicked! So tired! So sore today!