Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Public Service Announcement: Spaceknight armor is not eligible for this round.  The More You Know.TM

All right then, moving on to Plan . . . what is it by now?  Plan G?  H?  Whatever.  In Round 4, Spectrum chooses:

Goldstar (Michelle Carter)

2154149-goldstar___michelle_carter.jpg

From the appropriate article:

Michelle Carter is the twin sister of Booster Gold. In the same fashion, she uses 25th century technology to fight crime in the 21st century. Michelle decided to explore the present, a time unfamiliar to her and "borrowed" the Goldstar costume....

Michelle's suit has been shown to have more powers than originally seen, as she can now fire energy blasts from her wrists like her brother, that still appear as magnetically based, albeit on par on the fully energetic ones of his brother. It is also assumed that her suit was altered by Rip Hunter the same way Booster's was, to protect her while traveling through the time stream, probably enhancing her abilities in the process

And now back the Captain America and the Psy-chos!  (PM on the way.)

As a Public Service Announcement: Spaceknight armor is not eligible for this round.  The More You Know.TM

All right then, moving on to Plan . . . what is it by now?  Plan G?  H?  Whatever.  In Round 4, Spectrum chooses:

Ooooh, I know someone who's going to be very upset you sniped their color round choice  :whistle:  Nice pick.

Ooooh, I know someone who's going to be very upset you sniped their color round choice  :whistle:  Nice pick.

Oddly enough, I tried to go for someone a little obscure. I opted not to take the obvious one.

Funny how these things work.

Excellent pick... I rather liked her

Round 4	Summary

bigbywolfe	Black Adam
Steve   	Sinestro
Bazza   	Dr. Doom
CaptnStrawberry	Emma Frost
Lady Pariah	Karnilla
SKJAM!   	Magneto
Enforcer84	Silver Samurai
The Rose	Mystique
Psybolt  	Darth Vader
Pariah  	Juggernaut 
BlueCloud2k2	Mimic
Hermit   	Maxima

Mother of Hades.

When in Rome, as the saying goes.

(Sounds like something Maxima might have said.)

I went last that round, so by then I was incredibly glad Maxima hadn't been sniped. Somehow I didn't think the Fabulous Frog-Man was going to cut it. :)

"You're going down, Magneto! So swears the FROGMAN!" might get me some likes, but I don't have enough money for it to secure a victory ;)

The group gathered around the table, the three men smiling as the latest two additions joined them, Aquaman going so far as to pull out a chair for each. Carol endured it politely, where as Maxima simply took it as her due.

"Thank you SO much for joining us," Nightwing nodded to them.

"Happy to help," Star Sapphire responded.

Maxima lounged forward, "I live to please the 'little people', IF you can talk me into it. Now when you called me you mentioned Superman?"

Hawkeye and Nightwing exchanged glances, and the former spoke up, "Off limits, no one can use him, and thus far, no one can find him."

"Impossible. He's simply the most perfect male specimen in the galaxy, he can't just vanish. The average rating for the masculine will plummet to abysmal," Maxima lamented.

Carol covered her mouth to keep from laughing, while the guys tried not to look offended, failing in at least one case.

"Sitting right here, your majesty," Hawkeye grumbled.

Aquaman cleared his throat, "Nightwing has a theory however, about Superman."

"Well?" Maxima crossed her arms and looked at him.

"I think, it's entirely possible, that this mysterious force called ' the commish' has Superman in his clutches. What's more, the first cup was filled with... and this is grim, a kryptonian cats ashes. It's possible he's going to offer Superman up as the NEXT prize!"

"I need him alive!" Maxima slammed the table in front of them nearly cracking it, even as Star Sapphire realized what Nightwing was doing and mouthed the words 'are you insane?' to him.

"So you're in?" Nightwing said, "It's a longshot, but we could surely use the..."

"Of course I'm in," Maxima insisted, "No one denies royalty their due! Let me know when the others are here, I must train so I am at my peak for destroying those who would stand between me and my beloved."

And with that, she stormed out.

"Geezus, Redheads," Hawkeye commented shaking his head.

"Hey," Aquaman protested, "I'm married to a redhead."

"And?" Clint gave the 'continue' motion.

"And you're absolutely right," Arthur shrugged, "but still, play nice. This is dangerous enough"

"Dangerous?" Star Sapphire glanced over at the men at the table, "Are you out of your ever lovin' minds? What genius out of the three of you thought of trying to manipulate a borderline psychotic stalker...and I should know the type if anyone does with a 'maybe' bs theory about the target of her desires?"

"Only one of us has Bat-D*ck training," Hawkeye smirked and  glanced to Nightwing.

Dick shot Hawkeye a glare back, then shrugged, "I had to get her on board somehow, and it COULD be true."

"In fairness, it COULD be," Arthur said, "And right before you two showed, I was the only real powerhouse of the team."

"Hey!" Hawkeye grumbled, "I held my own against alien empires, buddy."

"Meh, who hasn't?" Aquaman rebutted, "You know what I mean."

"Well, it's nice to be recognized as one of the powerhouses at least," Star Sapphire shook her head, "But you guys are playing with strong emotions here. I mean, some of us have biological clocks... Maxima has a timebomb."

"Fortunately, we have a Star Sapphire with us to help her direct and focus those passions on victory," Nightwing said, gesturing to her.

"Wait, did you hire me on to baby sit her? Do you know how patronizing that is ...to BOTH she and I?" Carol's eyes flickered with colorful energies.

"I asked the boss to draft you because you can hold your own against any member of any other ringslingers in the galaxy and then some. I hired you because that is a powerful weapon on the finger of a skilled pilot who has survived more scraps while powerless than most people will face their whole lives," Nightwing corrected, "But I'd be an idiot not to ask you to use your powers to keep an eye on the timebomb. No one is better qualified."

Star Sapphire rose from the table, "Alright. I'm in, not because there's flattery in your sincerity, but because I think under the flatery you mean it. But I knew you when you were young,little Dickie Grayson... and Batman would be..."

"Very disappointed," Dick sighed.

"OH I don't know, he might be quite pleased to find out you've become like him, a LOT like him. I'm just wondering...does it please YOU?" Carol turned and walked off saying "What made you a good leader of the titans wasn't how you maniplated them. It was how you kept them inspired. Don't forget that Dick, or one day you're going to find you're all out of strings on people, and somehow lost your friends at the same time."

And she walked away slamming the door to the conference room with a glowing violet hand behind her.

"You're doing your best," Aquaman tried to assure Nightwing, "You said it yourself, we need Maxima."

"yeah, but that's no reason to treat her the way I just did," Nightwing grumbled, "Carol's right, damn it. I should have known she'd turn that 'look into your heart' stunt they pull on more than Maxima. Damnit."

Hawkeye was giving Nightwing a long serious look.

"What?" Nightwing finally said

"'Little Dickie?'" Hawkeye grinned.

"Your first order since I'm 'leader' right now: Shaddap" Nightwing rose, "I'm going to go talk with Hermit and see who he's got on the hook if anyone for the next two picks."

"No hurry," Arthur said, "It's a slow process."

"That's okay," Hawkeye said, "Hermit's a slow thinker."

Aquaman shrugged. I just hope win or lose this contest, we can hold onto what's best in us. But it was not a thought he shared, not yet. The group's name was 'LAUGH' after all, why add more grim thoughts to it?