Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary Marvel sniped.  Samaritan disqualified.  A few others considered, dismissed.

In my heart of hearts, I think I always knew who Spectrum would end up choosing in this round.

Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in welcoming back a fan favorite from last season.  Although I'm not sure how happy she is to be back....

Elastigirl_Incredibles_h1.jpg

Elastigirl (Helen Parr)

Mary Marvel sniped.  Samaritan disqualified.  A few others considered, dismissed.

In my heart of hearts, I think I always knew who Spectrum would end up choosing in this round.

Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in welcoming back a fan favorite from last season.  Although I'm not sure how happy she is to be back....

Elastigirl_Incredibles_h1.jpg

Elastigirl (Helen Parr)

She kicked her share of ass last season if I recall

Ok...now I am torn. 

I had really thought someone would pick a certain big cheese before me.  I have someone else that I would prefer to pick, but...how can I pass up on him?

Decisions

Been there, a lot depends on if you think the one you prefer is going to get sniped (And to be fair, you can rarely be sure with crowd). You might end up kicking yourself if that happens but if you're the gambling type and want to keep that preference for a later round...

Cap picked up the phone.  He had made his decision.  So many struggles from the first season still filled the First Avenger's head.  The way the votes swung contests that shouldn't have been close, giving the die a chance to pull an upset.  Shouldn't he be picking someone to which the voters might have an emotional connection?  Someone beloved who could draw votes away from any possible character.  Or did he fit the theme set by his new teammates.  Psy-chos?  Not as respectful as he was used to, but he was slowly warming to the idea.  His teammate's energy was hard to ignore.

As he placed the phone to his ear, Squirrel Girl came running over to their leader.

"Cap! Cap!  I have to tell you ... *gasp*"

Squirrel Girl grabbed for her throat. Her eyes bulged and she placed her hand repeatedly back and forth to her neck.  She wasn't breathing.  Cap knew immediately who was responsible.  Was this another mistake?

"Vader!!!!!! Let her go." Cap said, dropping the phone and staring at the Sith Lord.  Grasping his shield in a sign that he was ready to fight the man he had drafted...the man he had convinced the others that would make a strong ally.  He had to save Doreen.  She was the most innocent... the sweetest of the group.  She was the heart. 

"Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha"

The feminine laughter caused the Star Spangled Avenger to turn back to see Squirrel Girl rolling on the ground,laughing maniacally.

"April...heh heh... Fool's, heh heh...Cap," she said.    "You should...heh heh.. have...ha ha...seen *snort* your face."

"April Fool's Day was yesterday," said Scarlet Witch, sipping on a tea.

"Yeah...well...we needed some laughs around here.  Things were getting too ...stuffy."

"Nevermind that foolishness, Cap," said Wanda.  "Batson is available.  Are you going to choose him?"

"I was... but Doreen is right," said Cap, finally coming down from his intensity-high.  "We do need some more laughter around here."

Cap picked up his phone and made the pick....

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

THE TICK

the_tick_vs_depth_by_diemean-d4vwu6p.jpg

Well, crap.  I think Marvel did publish the comics first if that's what matters. I leave it to the Commish to please help us out and make a call on if Yoda gets a pass or if Rose needs to use his back up

Marvel has him again, now that Disney bought out both them and the Star Wars franchise.  I find that whole thing weird.

I would guess that half or more of Yoda's comic appearances were with Dark Horse, tho, so he would seem to qualify as an indie.

Well...I decided to bring in some more brains, brawn, and beauty. 

The Armies of Heaven may be torn asunder as the newest recruit tries to take over...but hey.

(Amazing) Grace

I normally link wiki or Comicvine for these but both were lacking in her background and abilities. Writeups.org did a great job and used her entry from the Omnibus. 

141a.jpg

Marvel has him again, now that Disney bought out both them and the Star Wars franchise. I find that whole thing weird.

I would guess that half or more of Yoda's comic appearances were with Dark Horse, tho, so he would seem to qualify as an indie.

I disagree. The rules for the round said they have to start as an independent, so it seems to me Yoda is disqualified.