Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whom to choose: the better-known character that is more likely to get votes down the road, or the lesser-known character who's worth more bonus points now? Decisions, decisions . . . .

Well you have previosly mentioned the need for bonus points...

Well you have previosly mentioned the need for bonus points...

Yeah, but that's a one-time payoff.  Votes can help me every single week, at least in theory.

And let's face it . . . I'm never gonna have as many points as Hermit.

Yeah, but that's a one-time payoff. Votes can help me every single week, at least in theory.

And let's face it . . . I'm never gonna have as many points as Hermit.

Oh you saw through the self-serving nature of my post?

And rumour has it Hermit puts his bonus points in a bank account earning compound interest. At least that is what the Beagle Boys told me.

'BB was the big snipe, so I just said Heck with it, and went for a fairly obscure character who happened to reduce the 'white powah' vibe I was in danger of embracing ;)

I needed a mystic anyway, and Black Crow works nicely.'

I consider myself reasonably well versed in comicdom, but that one threw me for a loop.  Who is he?  I thought I knew all of Marvel's Native Americans!

Can't say I knew who Golden Girl, Tech Jacket or Sapphire were off-hand either.  But drafting persona obscura adds to the fun. 

No war stories to date - for whatever reason I've been a sniper but not a snipee - so far!

Round 6 Summary

bigbywolfe Red Hulk
Steve Booster Gold
Bazza Black Canary
CaptnStrawberry Purple Man
Lady Pariah Golden Girl
SKJAM! Star Platinum
Enforcer84 Sapphire
The Rose Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
Psybolt Scarlet Witch
Pariah Blue Beetle III
BlueCloud2k2 Indigo (Brainiac 8)
Hermit Black Crow

'BB was the big snipe, so I just said Heck with it, and went for a fairly obscure character who happened to reduce the 'white powah' vibe I was in danger of embracing ;)

I needed a mystic anyway, and Black Crow works nicely.'

I consider myself reasonably well versed in comicdom, but that one threw me for a loop.  Who is he?  I thought I knew all of Marvel's Native Americans!

Can't say I knew who Golden Girl, Tech Jacket or Sapphire were off-hand either.  But drafting persona obscura adds to the fun. 

No war stories to date - for whatever reason I've been a sniper but not a snipee - so far!

Here's the Wiki link again

He's was an interesting character to me. Partially because he was introduced as the symbol of the "Past America" with Cap as the present, and what was conflict would later turn into a spiritual brotherhood.

Round 6	Summary 

bigbywolfe	Red Hulk
Steve   	Booster Gold
Bazza   	Black Canary 
CaptnStrawberry	Purple Man 
Lady Pariah	Golden Girl 
SKJAM!   	Star Platinum
Enforcer84	Sapphire
The Rose	Scarlet Spider (Kaine) 
Psybolt 	Scarlet Witch
Pariah  	Blue Beetle III 
BlueCloud2k2	Indigo (Brainiac 8)
Hermit  	Black Crow 

I'm actually surprised at the lack of Green Lanterns, Green Arrow, Black Panther, or Red Tornado

I'm actually surprised at the lack of Green Lanterns, Green Arrow, Black Panther, or Red Tornado

Black Panther was considered after Black Adam was taken, but decided I needed a lady as I had too many gents. I also considered Hal Jordan, John Stewart & Silver Banshee. So 5 characters competing for one spot.

This is for Lady Pariah too (And technically might be of interest to us all)

Lady Pariah showed a sorrow that Hawkeye couldn't be with Mockingbird. Because splitting couples up makes Enforcer sad, and I am sometimes a bit of a romantic myself, I considered offering him up to Lady Pariah IF it was okay with the Comish. I didn't have anyone particular in mind for the trade on her side mind.

Here, in a nutshell is what I was told.

All trades would be approved or disproved on a case by case basis.

Trades should be on roughly even par powerwise (which is again up to  Log)

And there might be a cost enacted on both parties trading, whether that would be a loss of some points for each, or some odd handicap, he wouldn't say. Frankly it makes me nervous.

All that about right, Log?

And Steve, while Sinestro was on my list originally, I have Star Sapphire for that now so I'm pretty good there

Although it would be nice to have the pair, I think trading might be too rich for my blood. Thanks though!