Villain In Need Of A Name: Evil Ancient Pharaoh

Marcus Impudite

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember some documentary on some real early Pharoah who was pretty much "forgotten" or written out,  I wish I could remember the name though, it might be perfect.

It might have been the one who attempted to establish a monotheistic religon in the country -- which practically guaranteed

that said Pharoah would wind up being the most unpopular ruler in Egypt (not to mention having the shortest reign in its

history).

I can't remember the guy's name either ( :confused: ).

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

You could also use the names (and invent the historical details) of kings of Upper Egypt or Lower Egypt, from before the unification of the country. If you went this route I would suggest one of the kings of Lower Egypt recorded on the Palermo Stone. Their names appear nowhere else, and almost nothing else is noted about them. The conquest of Lower Egypt by Narmer of Upper Egypt would suit your desired background of a forced end to the king's reign.

And Namer's predecessor was King Scorpion.

Or the Scorpion King, so called because a scorpion was his personal seal. Scorpion King is such an evocative name it's been used in at least two movies I know of one of which made him a human-scorpion centaur type creature.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary just hopes to avoide the routi

I prefer "The Nameless Pharow", or perhaps " The Forgotten Pharow ". But if he needs a personal name, perhaps Almutmoses ("son of the heart eating God"), Abyonmoses ("son of the sun eating snake").

Feal free to correct me, cause my knowledge of Egyptian Deities is lacking. Pharow names always end in -Moses ("the son of").

I wonder where you have gotten this from. Is there a cite?

Logic and The Bible. Moses was originally named (Egyptian Deity erased by time)-Moses, till he converted to Jeduisem (discovered that his bloodline was Jewish), and struck the Egyptian Deity part of his name away, this becoming simply Moses. Shure, he could of became Yalwaymoses (son of God of the Jews), but that honor belongs to another.

I prefer "The Nameless Pharow", or perhaps " The Forgotten Pharow ". But if he needs a personal name, perhaps Almutmoses ("son of the heart eating God"), Abyonmoses ("son of the sun eating snake").

Feal free to correct me, cause my knowledge of Egyptian Deities is lacking. Pharow names always end in -Moses ("the son of").

I wonder where you have gotten this from. Is there a cite?

Logic and The Bible. Moses was originally named (Egyptian Deity erased by time)-Moses, till he converted to Jeduisem (discovered that his bloodline was Jewish), and struck the Egyptian Deity part of his name away, this becoming simply Moses. Shure, he could of became Yalwaymoses (son of God of the Jews), but that honor belongs to another.

Then you have to explain all the pharaos who have names that do not include the -moses element, like all the Amenhoteps, Khufu, Narmer, and so on.

Knowing our "Mispellian Master" I have to wonder if he misspelled "-hotep" as "-moses".  :winkgrin:

Some bullet points on his back story if anyone finds them helpful:

• He became Pharaoh by usurping the throne from his own twin brother. Many suspected him of having his brother assassinated, but no one ever had sufficient evidence to prove it.
  • He was part of a fanatical cult that worshiped Set, and was well versed in the black magic of his patron deity.
  • During his short reign, he made worship of Set the official religion in Egypt and mercilessly persecuted anyone who dared worship any other deities. The other Egyptian gods--Anubis and Osiris in particular--were (understandably) incensed by this and were more than happy to support the rebellion against him.
  • In general, he was rapacious to an extreme few rulers in history could match. Not only did he seek to become the wealthiest, most powerful, and most feared Pharaoh of all time, but he also felt he was entitled to have the largest harem of any Pharaoh ever.