A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

When I stuck my nose back in and started posting again, I did briefly consider doing something similar to that Next Generation race of aliens that spoke only in metaphor: making my posts using only the Magic cards that I had created, and no typed text at all. I quickly disregarded this notion for two reasons. First, it would have been incredibly self-referrential. Second, it would have taken a lot of effort to find the cards to piece out what I wanted to say each time, and I tend to ramble on. In other words, I didn't primarily because I'm lazy...

One of the main social issues a lot of geeks have is arrogance, especially in the areas of our hobbies. We were often bright kids, and while most of us aren't that well educated by formal academic standards (there are exceptions), we tend to be well read in the areas over which we obsess. It becomes very difficult for us to admit that someone else could be brighter (even more difficult than for non-geeks), and almost impossible to admit that someone else might know more in an area where we consider ourselves experts.

And we never, ever admit we were wrong, for fear of losing our catgirls.

Had our 16 week appointment today.

Turns out Gamer Pumpkin didn't want us to know the big answer: Boy gamer or girl gamer, as the only view the doc could get was of the back of the head and spine. :P So, we have to wait until next month to find out for certain. :P

Turns out my SIL is only 5 weeks pregnant.

However, makes one wonder if they started trying after DocO and I announced we were pregnant. Also makes me wonder if they started trying and didn't intend to get pregnant so quickly (she had a hard time getting pregnant with my nephew...I think my brother told us they had been trying for a couple years when they finally got pregnant).

*shrugs* We'll see. I'm sure they'll call me after I get home from work. We'll see.