A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

My next doctor's appointment is tomorrow at 10:45. I hope he'll tell me I can get the three screws out of my knee within the week. And I might be getting a bicycle (used) early next month. But first I have to win the auction, then get it packed and shipped from Houston.

I have insomnia.

I am NOT happy.

You'd think eventually I'd adjust, at least a little bit, to having to work days.

I mean, millions of people do it.

But I'm not millions of people. I'm me. And I'm nocturnal, damnit!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is asleep at one end.

Today's random oddball idea: painting with food!

Put away your oils and acrylics. All you need are condiments, sauces, and spreads. You can use mayonnaise for white, mustard for yellow, and ketchup for red. I recommend pesto for green; it spreads better than relish. You can use balsamic vinegar for black, barbecue sauce for brown and peanut butter for tan. Jams and jellies come in all sorts of colors.

So what are you waiting for? Go raid your refrigerator and let your creativity run wild!

Hmm. I was pre approved for a home loan through work. The monthly payment is out of my price range. So I'd need less "home" there are some older condos that are in my range and I'm not really looking for a wizbang investment.

....hmmm...

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this random musing without warning, warrant or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President.

Lucius Alexander

Conspicuous by its absence....

Just read an article saying Dr. Jack Kevorkian will be released from prison Fri. I thought he had died in the late 90s somewhere. He says he will do all he can to get assisted suicide laws changed so people can, but he intends to break no law doing it. He also had to promise that he would never again advise or council about assisted suicide.

I was just reading the forums in the only other website I visit with any frequency, and I just have to say this:

I love you guys.

Looking at the crap on the rest of the web reminds me to appreciate what we have here.

I don't have any idea how it works or who really to thank, although obviously the moderators must be doing something right. But I look at the flaming and venom that passes for discussion elsewhere and just wonder....

This other place, I read the forums and go "There's no WAY I'm wading into that muck."

I just know we're doing something right here, so let's keep it up!

Lucius Alexnder

The palindromedary's legs aren't long enough to go wading in some swamps.

I wanted to post a couple of poems and get people's reactions.

I see that there is a poetry thread, but it's been dead since December.

I wonder if I should revive it or just start a new one.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary of of course favors both

I amazed a beautiful half-naked lady by being able to blow cold breath on the back of her neck when we had all been outside in the scorching heat. I finally got things started in earnest to start gaming again for the first time in a year. I was done the housework before noon. I not only saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3, but thanks to over-salted popcorn, I did so without the need to go pee.

It was a good weekend.