A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

What an odd survey.

Get a phone call for a survey that went all over the map.

Some of the questions:

Who did you vote for in 2000?

Who will you be voting for in 2004?

Have you heard of soft pak tobacco?

Is urinating in the pool likely to spread disease?

Have you heard of male depression?

Which of these pain medications have you used?

Guest Skaramine

I was trying to choose the definitive handgun for my character - Peter Leskow. So, I held an elimination contest.

I had two 5- gun rounds where I played 15 rounds of Solitaire apiece. Whichever guns received wins - they moved on to the finals.

The only gun to win twice in each of those two rounds was the Para Ordnance P-12 - a high capacity, compact, stainless steel .45 auto based off the old Colt 1911. Holds 12 shots in a magazine, and has a 3 and a half inch barrel.

I kept eliminating other guns from the contest.

The only one never to have a Loss in a game of Solitaire was the Para Ordnance P-12.

Think karma's telling me something here. ;)

Guest Skaramine

Some things I'd like to say on this board... to nobody in particular. :angel::whistle:

Its just for fun. Pls dont try it on any one.

1. Any similarity between you and a human is purely coincidental!

2. Are you always so stupid or is today a special occasion?

3. As an outsider, what do you think of the human race?

4. I'd like to kick you in the teeth, but why should I improve your looks?

5. At least there's one thing good about your body. It isn't as ugly as your

face!

6. Brains aren't everything. In fact, in your case they're nothing

7. Careful now, don't let your brains go to your head!

8. I like you. People say I've no taste, but I like you.

9. Did your parents ever ask you to run away from home?

10. If I had a face like yours. I'd sue my parents!

11. Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent!

12. Don't get insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance?

13. Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent!

14. Don't you love nature, despite what it did to you?

15. Don't think, it may sprain your brain!

16. Fellows like you don't grow from trees; they swing from them.

17. He has a mechanical mind. Too bad he forgot to wind it up this morning.

18. He has a mind like a steel trap-always closed!

19. You are a man of the world-and you know what sad shape the world is in.

20. He is always lost in thought-it's unfamiliar territory.

21. He is dark and handsome. When it's dark, he's handsome.

22. He is known as a miracle comic. if he's funny, it's a miracle!

23. He is listed in Who's Who as What's That?

24. He is living proof that man can live without a brain!

25. He is so short, when it rains he is always the last one to know.

26. He is the kind of a man that you would use as a blueprint to build an

idiot.

27. How come you're here? I thought the zoo is closed at night!

28. How did you get here? Did someone leave your cage open?

29. How much refund do you expect on your head now that it's empty.

30. How would you like to feel the way you look?

31. Hi! I'm a human being! What are you?

32. I can't talk to you right now; tell me, where will you be in the next 10

years?

33. I don't want you to turn the other cheek; it's just as ugly.

34. I don't know who you are, but whatever you are, I'm sure everyone will

agree with me.

35. I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works.

36. I could make a monkey out of you, but why should I take all the credit?

37. I can't seem to remember your name, and please don't help me!

38. I don't even like the people you're trying to imitate, if you are at

all.

39. I know you were born silly, but why did you have a relapse?

40. I know you're a self-made man. It's nice of you to take the blame!

41. I know you're not as stupid as you look. Nobody could be!

42. I've seen people like you, but I had to pay admission!

43. Why are you so stupid today? Anyway, I think that's very typical of you.

44. Do u practice being this ugly?

run away!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just noticed gewing's new signature:

Life is too short to listen to jackalope.

Much like when Thrak used a modified version of my icon as his own, I sort of wonder what the point of this is. Free advertising for me? I don't get it. Obviously he's still very upset with me, which means I got to him pretty good, which was my intent, and this sig of his is really a lot like walking around with a big sign saying "Jackalope burned me good and I can't let it go." I feel sorry for him, and I'm kind of surprised he doesn't get how wounded this makes him look. He must be kind of soft, not used to getting his feelings hurt. Either that or he's really sensitive. At any rate his Kung Fu was weak, and he wasn't worth the bother.

Oh, by the way, he's absolutely right. Considering the almost infinite number of things you could be doing right now rather than reading this, there probably isn't anyway to justify spending however much time it's taken you to get this far reading this. But really, if you cared about making productive use of your time, you wouldn't be reading a thread for random musings, would you?

Guest Skaramine

I really need a shower tomorrow morning.

Actually... what I need is my girlfriend, a king-sized bed, and the radio playing some sexy jazz, not that WNUA smooth jazz crap... REAL jazz.

Things I learned from watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer:

1. You can never be too thin, too pretty or have too many weapons.

2. Having a teenage sister is a real drag, especially when she didn't exist four years ago.

3. There is no such thing as a happy ending, much less a marriage, or even a stable relationship. If you have a boyfriend, chances are he's a monster who can't control his dark side (Angel, Oz, Spike). If there's any chance of a stable relationship with him (Riley) you will get bored and push him away, and he will get pissed off and join a Black Ops unit in Latin America.

If you have a girlfriend, chances are she will get killed (Jenny, Tara). If there is any chance of a stable relationship with her (Anya) you will chicken out of marriage at the last minute and then she will get pissed and join the Vengeance Demons.

4. Coming back from the dead is extremely overrated.

JG

OMG! Shatner is on television again. Captain James T. Lawyer. These are the adventures of the law firm Enterprise.... It was funny, all of the other actors, including the co-lead, had 2-3 paragraph bios. Shatner's was like a book. I'm glad for him, though. I've always liked Shatner. His smugness has a certain honest appeal.

I'm going to say it here and I'm going to say it once. I'm not going to post any follow ups in Musings though if someone really wants to talk to me about this, they are always welcome to email me. But this: http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/04/rumsfeld.iraq/ is one of the biggest issues I have with the current state of country. I feared this would happen before Iraq and I'm disappointed that it did happen. And it is also the main reason why I do not post in political threads any more.

There, now that is off of my chest.

Guest Worldmaker

You'd think... someone is bashing conservatism, they'd do it in the feel good thread because it makes them all warm and fuzzy inside...

"I support and promote local and national gun control laws and organizations. If a guy can’t hit a deer in one shot, he sure as Hell isn’t much of hunter.†-- Barry Goldwater

Guest Worldmaker

I AM SICK OF THIS BULLSHIT ALL READY!

Zorn asks me to be nice and stop replying to Skaramine despite the fact that Skaramine is constantly picking at me.

And I hold off responding for as long as I can reasonably stand his bullshit. But he won't stop picking, and eventually I get tired of it and respond.

And Zorn once again asks me to stop, and because I respect Zorn and like Zorn I comply... and Skaramine just keeps on picking and picking and picking and eventually I get sick and tired of it and respond.

Point is, I don't want to respond to his shit all the time. Its tired and boring, but I cannot just let it go. I cannot. Its not in my nature to do so. If someone is attacking me I can only let it go so far.

Last night, Zorn asked us to leave each other alone again. I agreed. I mean, what, do you think I like this constant bickering warfare? I got better things to do, but since my sense of personal honor will only take so much petty insults before causing me to respond, I feel I must eventually respond. Especially since everyone else is content to allow Skaramine to continually snipe at me without so much as a single comment.

At least without a comment that doesn't somehow try and pin the blame on me as well.

Less than an hour into this latest "truce", and the fuckhead is at it again, making cutesy comments about me and my so-called "attitude" problem, and how I apparently "have it in for him".

On my recipe thread, of all places. Suffice to say that, with that thread tainted by his bullshit, I'm not going to be posting to it any longer. Congratulations on ruining it for me, Doug. You got precisely what you wanted.

What do I have to do to get this asshair to leave me alone? Find him in the real world and shoot him repeatedly in the head? Blow up his house? Kill not only him but every living relative of his who I can find?

Apparently reporting his ass to Ben only gets me so much relief, because here he is, less than a month after the last time I reported him, pulling the same God damned shit.

I'm seriously asking for advice here. What am I supposed to do?

Guest Skaramine

I thought you'd be happy with finally driving me away. I'm not going to stay anywhere that you can parade my history of mental problems around. "Cutesy?" YOU GLEEFULLY BRAGGED ABOUT MY MENTAL ILLS. So... Goodbye. You have won. No more Skaramine