Guest Skaramine

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times,

Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times,

They can be phooqing with other NGD'ers shizzle

But they CAN'T be phooqing with mine!

:mad:

The house inspection went thru. A couple conditions that we had to agree to.

• Leaving the appliances which we had agreed to before
  • Dropping the price $1000 due to needed repair to the SE Basement. Apparently we have a slight leak. Fair cost.
  • Repair the Garage Door. Another fair request. Damn thing fell apart two days before we put the house up for sale. Not sure if repair or replace. A few things went wonky with it.
  • Leave all house parts including the pedestal sink that's out in the yard. I'm not entirely sure what house parts entail, but I think that means light fixtures & doorknobs. They also named the removed doors that we have stored in the basement. Too many doorways in the house so we took some down.

So everything there is all going well. Jenn flies to Las Vegas tomorrow morning and drives to Kanab from there.

Ok, so life has been chaotic here lately. I mean, why should today be any different? Sheesh. Anyway.

Got new laptop -- laptop still running great! All good! :)

Got new used car. Cute little Toyota Echo. Compact that doesn't feel like one. Rides much higher than my old car, so I can see through those razzafratzen flippin' dang SUVs, rather that staring at their rear bumpers like they were fast-moving, unstable brick walls. This is cool!

Best friend snuck up on me from Florida! This is cool, too, way cool!

Check engine light comes on in new car. Suddenly, I become grumpy. I have had the thing seven days at this point. Call dealership for repairs, leave message, get no call back. Now I gotta figure what to do. I have 30 days of 100% warranty. I need to get it fixed quickly. Or else decide I have purchased a lemon. Phoo. Ok, get serious now. Decide what to do.

Go out to dinner with best friend, at Thai restaurant we used to go to on Fridays before she moved to Florida. Discover restaurant is under new managemet. Discover that new management can't to Thai salad or Pad Thai so that either of them is edible. Discover that the stuffed chicken wings aren't even on the menu anymore. Regret even mentioning this restaurant to both my bosses while asking to leave an hour early for the purpose of attending said restaurant, much less bragging that it is the best in town. Grouse. The Drunken Noodles is good, though not good enough for the recommendation I gave it.

Anyway, it's a weekend, so I have time to read the boards a bit.

Grump. What a way to end a perfectly good month.

Guest Skaramine

A ray of hope, getting back into my old grind...

Thank you for the interest you have shown in employment with LOYOLA

UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER by using our Loyolajobs website.

The Human Resources department knows that seeking employment is often a

time consuming and stressful endeavor and we appreciate the effort you

have shown to come to Loyola.

Due to the volume of applicants at the Medical Center it is not possible

to respond to each applicant personally. All e-mails are reviewed by a

Human Resource professional, and it takes approximately two weeks to

complete this process. If we will be scheduling an interview with you,

you will be contacted personally. It is not necessary to call.

We wish you success in your career endeavors.

Slept like crap last night. Jenn is in Utah for the next 10 nights and I just don't think sleep is going to be as good. Doesn't help that the cats are wondering where she is too. She sleeps in one position the whole night where I tend to be hazardous to any cat that tries to sleep on me.

Guest Skaramine

Last night, I dreamt that I was Adrian Monk trying to pack my bags and solve the mystery of where Sharona disappeared to from the end of season two. :(

Guest Skaramine

I have never felt so old as when, earlier this afternoon, I tried to explain the "Quien es mas Macho" skit from SNL to two 16-year olds.

:help:

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck! May all 0ur base someday be belong to you! May j00 0wn earth just like j00 0wn heaven. Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe. And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz, just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us. Please don't give us root access on some poor d00d'z box when we're too pissed off to think about what's right and wrong, and if you could keep the f3i off our backs, we'd appreciate it. For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3n 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Ugh! post traumatic song syndrome! God help us!

There's an Israeli station I listen to while I'm online (I guess I could just tune in, but I don't). The last song they played was... was...

...it used a remixed Imperial March from the Empire Strikes Back as the background music and had gregorian style chants in Hebrew about how the musician wanted to hump his hot girlfriend timed to it (and it is the Israeli equivalent of "hump.")

God, I need a bath. Or a therapist. Or something.

This is so wrong.

whimper

Guest Worldmaker

I hate it when the writer of an absolutely gripping series of novels ends novel 2 in the series with some dangling plot threads that are obviously meant to be picked up at a later time... and then novel 3 in the series comes out and those threads are nowhere to be seen. I mean, come on... later means "the next book", right?

Our Father' date=' who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck! May all 0ur base someday be belong to you! May j00 0wn earth just like j00 0wn heaven. Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe. And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz, just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us. Please don't give us root access on some poor d00d'z box when we're too pissed off to think about what's right and wrong, and if you could keep the f3i off our backs, we'd appreciate it. For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3n 4ever and ever, 4m3n.[/i']

d00d, j00 r0xx0r! Or something to that effect, that was very nice.

I know this will probably horrify the chefs and gourmet out there, but...

This afternoon I had an extremely strong urge to fix something I haven't had in a while, so I did. Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper.

It was the best thing I've tasted in two weeks...it was exactly what I was craving. I know how "junky" most of those kinds of "boxed meals" are, but I can't help it...it just tasted delicious today! :weep:

Had my first real day at work today... started off lousy (getting yelled at right off the bat is never fun), but true to form, after lunch, I hit my stride (guess the chocolate helped).

Made sales today (not that much, but enough to at least earn my keep at work), hopefully tomorrow will be better.

John's weeks are getting progressively worse, his allergies are killing him, he's not getting any sleep, and today the car died two miles from the house so he had to walk back home to call in to work to get someone to give him a ride.

This getting up at 5:30am thing is gonna take some major getting used to.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko