A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Hell of a way to wake up.

Police drive up and down in the street telling everybody to stay indoors.

Looking out I can see big cloud of smoke and it smells like burning plastic.

Closing all windows and doors and translating to the polish people who live in the appartment complex to do the same.

Just sitting here and sniffing the air. Bleh.

An store house for a local babywagon factory caught on fire.

Black smoke were billowing right above the house.

The smoke is gone now. But I am going to stay indoors a little while longer.

First thing I thought was that one of the ships in the tall ship race had caught on fire but that was wrong.

Good thing I did not die, death by polyester would be kind of lame.

Hoo-Dee-Hoo. The thing is running. I don't know yet how wrongly it's running, but it's running, and it's not stuck in a loop because the numbers aren't all the same, and all my diagnostic outputs are slowing it down a bunch so it's time to yank some of those out. Not to mention the 92-megs-and-growing log file.

I might make Monday's (self-imposed) deadline yet.

Guest George Kirby

Brian Cox (Colonel Striker in the second X-Men film) originated the role of Hannibal Lecter on the big screen, not Anthony Hopkins.

Strange every time I pressed the space bar the cursor jumped one row down just as it does when you press enter?

First I thougt that the moderators were messing around but then I tried to twist and bend the keyboard a little back and fourth and then the space bar worked as it should again..

"Politics isn’t binary, James. It’s not a war between the white hats and the black hats -- or the blue hats and the red hats for that matter. Tens of millions of Americans answer with “neither†when asked if they consider themselves liberal or conservative. Some of us vote for third parties. Some of us vote for both of the two major parties at the same time. It’s about tough choices and lesser evilism. If you’re a liberal I suppose the choice is an easy one. Some of us non-liberals see nuance and shades of gray. Maybe you've heard of those things."

-www.instapundit.com, Aug. 10, 2005