A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Holy Crud the new Marvel HeroClix are nice!!! I think I'll actually NOT be repainting half of them this time around. And tangentially, between Heroclix and Pirates of the Spanish Main, Wizkids is determined to break me. BREAK ME I SAY!!!!

I briefly mused on using this thread as a not so sublte way to encourage people to go buy Digitial Hero #31 and read it. Then I thought better of it, and instead decided to muse on the very close call I just had.

Whew

There's something wrong with you when

• You write a program with a routine named "getSex".
  • getSex() has a legitimate purpose in your legitimate, work-related program.
  • It does not seem incongruous to you until you reread your code a few days later.
  • Even after noticing it, you leave it in place because it makes more sense than anything else.
  • Even though you recall, in your youth, swearing you would never attempt to get sex with a computer.

:nonp:

Another by definition random musing.

Choosing a random number generator for your microsimulation code is a highly non-random process. I've rejected two candidates so far. I think the winner is one I will end up having to code myself, since it doesn't seem to be readily available out there in Python; I may be able to turn the available C++ code into an embedded module, though.

Finally got over 50 posts on the gaming threads, so my Rep Power is no longer zero. :celebrate Time to start spreading it out with the generosity you folks deserve.

Of course, I'll be on non-wired vacation :saturn: all next week, so I'm about to go dark for ten days. Figures.