A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Worldmaker

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Someone needs to remind the chef to eat, on occasion. Despite waking up at 5 am, I had "breakfast" (defined as "the first meal you have after waking up in the morning) twenty minutes ago.

Not smart.

Guest Skaramine

Beretta is making a polymer-framed version of their Cougar 9mm/.40/.45 caliber auto pistol to answer police needs for a lightweight, full-powered duty handgun. It's called the X15, for now, and currently, it has a heavy double action only trigger, like on a revolver. But, given SIG, Walther and HK's new light DAO triggers, they might save the day and change over to a new system.

I hope so.

It'd make an awesome replacement for the M-9 if that were the case.

Beretta is making a polymer-framed version of their Cougar 9mm/.40/.45 caliber auto pistol to answer police needs for a lightweight, full-powered duty handgun. It's called the X15, for now, and currently, it has a heavy double action only trigger, like on a revolver. But, given SIG, Walther and HK's new light DAO triggers, they might save the day and change over to a new system.

I hope so.

It'd make an awesome replacement for the M-9 if that were the case.

I think, in Myers-Briggs terms, I'm moving a lot heavier towards the "Intuition" rather than "Sensing" side, as I seem to care less and less for the details, forgetting them all the time.

(note - I just thought it was cool when someone's random musing was (presumably accidentally as they probably hit the fast-reply button and accidentally had "Quote message in reply" on) quoted in someone else's random musing, it makes a neat non sequitor. This is in no way a response to that post, and doing so is against the rules (see the Musings about Random Musings thread re doing so)

Guest Worldmaker

Chef Rick Bayless is facing off against "Iron Chef" Bobby Flay on the premiere episode of Iron Chef America.

Chef Rebecca Babbitt, my primary instructor in the arts culinary, apprenticed with Bayless, so you might say I'm part of the Bayless legacy.

I seriously hope he kicks Flay's ass, and not just because Flay's an utter tool.

I lost it. For the first time, I lost it, in public, on the boards. The provocation (perceived, actual, or otherwise) is utterly irrelevant. There was (and is) no excuse for it. I should have known better, but I let my anger get the best of me anyway.

Does anybody want a used high-horse? I won't be needing this one anymore...

Guest Worldmaker

I lost it. For the first time, I lost it, in public, on the boards. The provocation (perceived, actual, or otherwise) is utterly irrelevant. There was (and is) no excuse for it. I should have known better, but I let my anger get the best of me anyway.

Does anybody want a used high-horse? I won't be needing this one anymore...

I accept your apology. For my part, I wasn't trying to spoil anything for anybody. I just had this neato story, and wanted to share.

"Iron Chef America " eh. As a fan of the ORIGINAL "Iron Chef" (shown here in Australia on SBS) I have often wondered how the programme would go if it were less er Japanese. I would love to see a "chilly challenge" or a "lamb battle " for example. I can only hope that we get the American version out here one of these days !