A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Skaramine

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I love the minimates. I've just reassembled the SPIRAL team in minimate form.

Seven of the best superheroes ever. :D

Well... that I made up... :o

Guest Worldmaker

I've had a lot of people inquire, so I figured posting it in general would be a good idea:

You can get information regarding the personalized Dora the Explorer episode here.

It is reallyt funny, the 8 year old barn Tomcat we neutered and moved inside has become such a cuddle hog that he squirms right up my shoulder and across my throat. :) 15 lb manx :(

He also seems to have a talent for rolling in whatever I am mildly allergic to, so when I wake up in the morning... Headache and sore throat.

but he's a sweetie. :)

Guest Skaramine

I like taking naps on Sundays at 6 with the TV on. At 6, on the Fuel network, they have old-time surfing shows from the 60's, and I have such wonderful dreams during that nap. I never surfed in my life, and at this age, it's doubtful that I'll start (you don't want to see me in hoagies, not with my hairy legs and stretch marked gut...) but it's nice.

A friend of ours came up this weekend to hang out, and computer geek that he is, he helped John and I cannibalize my old computer and John's dead one to upgrade my new computer, so now I've got a DVD-ROM and better sound card (yay!), although I'm still trying to figure out why Adaptec STILL doesn't work right... wish I knew why it won't let me burn WMAs when it would let me do it before...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Skaramine

The real world is catching up to super-heroes.

If nothing else, I love Sebastian Foucan, originator of Le Parkour/Free Running, for doing things that until now I relied on the artists of Nightwing, Spider-Man and Daredevil to provide me.

And, he gives Boneface a name for his Flight power that fits. :D

Le Parkour

I realized tonight that despite sinus problems, cough, what appeared to be a true "FLU" etc...

I have not had a plain old fashioned "cold" in at least a year.

You know, the stuffed up runny nose, the cough, the sneezing, the nose dripping constantly...

My nasal passages have been more clear than I can ever remember, though I have had more Sinus issues than I can ever remember.

Guest Worldmaker

Heh.

Someone I won't name just repped me, and the commentary was "Worldmaker = Spicolli, NGD Conservatives = Mr. Hand."

Got to love Fast Times at Ridgemont High references.

Unemployment: Day Six/Seven

Didn't do squat on job searching for Sunday, and on Monday, I'm taking the day "off" to run a few errands and do things alone to clear my head, then visiting my best friend for dinner. She just repainted her living room in a stone pattern and re-made it to look like a D&D tavern and is just itching to show it to me.

I'll take the new digital camera and post pics.

A truly sobering time. Someone I know who works in a hospital had an accident where a needle scrapped skin. The patient was confirmed infected with Hep-C and is an Unknown about HIV status. Now the patient is screaming bloody murder about the hospital trying to take blood tests, refusing to sign the forms necessary.

This will sound bad, but right now I'm hoping the poor black drops dead. It won't help the hospital employee, but would rid the world of at least one scum.

Do you ever think back on what might have been if you'd done something different with your life? For example, decades ago, I came within one word of applying for the FBI--and I told the recruiter 'no'. But what if I had decided to join the FBI anyway, even though they could have had me posted anywhere in the country? Would things have been any better? Worse? Or just different? I'd almost certainly have spent a fairly large chunk of my life in a completely different state.

Meanwhile Back on Page 172...

It's August 23rd.

Bazza is trying to escape haunting lyrics.

Klytus is trying to fight the lure of NeverWinterCrack.

Death Tribble has decided that he doesn't want to know what your character would do.

Super Squirrel has 8 days until unemployment...

Doc

I had this incredible urge to look up an old girlfriend this weekend. Not that I'm not happy with my current squeeze, but I guess I never had closure on that one relationship. It was a decade ago and I had/have no idea why she left me, considering we were both "in love" with the other. I thought I'd long since gotten over it/her, but I guess not.

I had her address and phone number in hand, even, but eventually just tossed it.

Some scabs you just don't wanna pick at.