A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Skaramine

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I bought a trio of surfer guys, Kens (officially Blaines) because I liked the headsculpts and could use them for a character. They smell like coconut, that's their only drawback.

I also scored two threepacks of JL figures. Flash, Dr. Fate and Green Arrow and Superman, invisible Martian Manhunter and Braniac.

Can't wait for the Amazo set and the Starman set.

Having read "Essential Avengers" 3&4, I am reminded why the Vision rocked so much.

I do not know why "Even An Android Can Cry" gets me everytime, but it does.

And I can't help but wonder what it was about the character that had later writers despise him so?

I have this sort of infamous to-do list I run off of my webpage. It is basically all of my projects or things I need to do that I am horrible about putting off. I normally will remove one and end up adding one. Sometimes I'll knock some items on the list off and find some simple ones to put back up, only to later add some major projects. Over the last month, I have done about one a week. Most of the projects, after all, can't be done after work and usually require a day off.

Today, I completed three of them. One of the projects was a big project that I had been putting off for nearly three months. Now, not only is my to-do list nearly cleared, but I can't even think of things to put back on it.

I'm really impressed with myself. :D

So I go to the Vive La France exhibition on Friday and get lots of booze.

8 bottles of Floc de Gascogne, 5 bottles of Pineau de Charantes, 1 bottle of Champagne and 1 bottle of Limoncello. Now if I was an alcoholic that would have all gone by now. Thankfully I am not. But I really appreciate my small wheeled suitcase in which I got it all home.

Entered a few competitions there as well. Got a few brochures for holdays in France and places to go.

Guest Skaramine

I just saw what might be my next two covers.

Season of Slaughter is a weak title, but the cover rocks.

I wonder if Soft Target is Dead Certain... if it is, then it's a highly acceptable alternate title.

"I grew up being told and actually believing that people love freedom. The biggest disappointment of my adult life may be the realization that this whole "love of freedom" thing is a complete lie. For the most part people seem to love freedom right up until that point where the old responsibility thing kicks in."

-Neal Boortz, boortz.com

So, we meet again my old nemesis.

Though you sought to destroy me, to render me impotent in the affairs of my own karmic path, you shall find I was wary and again victorious! Oh, true, true, neither of us ever holds 'victory' for long. Ours is an eternal dance with a rhythm provided by clumsy feet upon empty eggshells neverending. Still, I scorn you even as you strive to seduce me down that torrental spiral. I shall deny you that which you crave, even as you strive to make me crave your denials. I have a foundation of solid rocks, even if they are slippery. I have bright torches for warmth and companionship. I can close my eyes and, thus, see everything; not merely the hellish gray you would have me gaze upon.

Be twice damned, thou fetid foe of truth, and know that I have again escaped your chilling grasp.

so there. :P

Guest Skaramine

I wish my editor would let me use my favorite villain to battle the Executioner...

Except some people wouldn't think that the ghost of George Armstrong Custer would be a racist, bodyjacking killing machine, or feel that turning one of America's "heroes" into such a villain would be kosher.

Ah, fcuk 'em...

Sometimes I try to do things and it just doesn't work out the way I wanted

to. I get real frustrated and I try hard to do it and I take my time and it

doesn't work out the way I wanted to. It's like I concentrate real hard and it doesn't work out, everything I do and everything I try never turns out

It's like I need time to figure these things out, but there's always someone there going "Hey you know we've been noticing you've been having a lot of problems lately. You know, maybe you should get away and maybe you should talk about it, maybe you'll feel a lot better", and I go "No it's okay, you know, I'll figure it out, just leave me alone I'll figure it out. You know, I'll just work by myself". And they go "Well you know if you want to talk about it I'll be here you know and you'll probably feel a lot better if you talk about it, so why don't you talk about it?"

And I go, "No I don't want to! I'm okay, I'll figure it out myself and they just keep bugging me! They just keep bugging me! It builds up inside and it

builds up inside.

Guest Worldmaker

Blockbuster thinks its being cute. Sure, no late fees. But if you keep a movie more than three days over, they charge a replacement disk to your credit card.

I'll stick with Netflix, thanks.

Meanwhile, back on page 178...

It's August 28th - 30th.

Skaramine is adding Armenian and Russian sausage to his Atikins-Friendly diet.

Madstone has discovered that he doesn't like Egyptian food.

Lemming is bugging out until September.

Skaramine regales us with the account of Bubba's Taser.

Starlord notes that he has never seen a bustle in his hedgerow.

L. Marcus got headbutted by a sheet of glass. (ah, that ol' glass cieling...)

And Super Squirrel is counting the hours until his job gets transferred to Manilla.

Doc