A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Worldmaker

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Woke up feeling like a truck had run over me. Called my boss, said "Look, I feel wrecked and can barely move. Every joint in my body is aching. I'm not going to be in today." Expected the explosion, but instead, she said "After the work you put in yesterday, I'm hardly surprised. Get some rest and we'll see you tomorrow."

My boss is neato, and so understanding.

Guest Worldmaker

So my brother Nathan, my younger son Jared, and I am heading to pick up my older son from work (he works at Sea World here in Orlando). While driving down the medianly traffic-filled SR 192 toward I-4 (fastest way to Sea World), a blue jeep starts tailgating me. And when I say tailgating, I mean I couldn't see his headlights in my pickup's rear view. If I had needed to hit the brakes suddenly, this jeep would have been in the bed of my truck.

The femtosecond he can, the guy in the jeep swerves around me, sweeps up next to me on the driver's side, hangs there even with me for a second, then speeds ahead. I shake my head, not thinking anything big of it, when suddenly Jeep Man swerves in front of me and stands on his brakes, causing me to stomp on mine lest I run over his vehicle. (My truck is a F350, and likely weighs on the order of 2000 pounds more than the jeep in question.) He then proceeds to jump into the passenger-side lane, where the driver opens the window, yells something we can't hear at us, then swerves toward us several times.

He continues this behavior while we're on the onramp for Interstate 4, accelerating toward 65 miles an hour. He continues to harass (and threaten to hit us, despite (as my brother said) a complete lack of knowledge regarding the physics behind a more massive object striking a less massive object at that kind of speed) until we see a Florida Highway Patrol car stopped on the side of the road, having apparently pulled someone over.

I hit my blinker, pulled in behind the cop, and yelled for assistance. The guy in the jeep took off. I gave the patrolman the guy's tag number and a description, then continued in peace to pick up my son.

What caused the hostility? The only thing I can think of was that I refused to drive recklessly (and thus get out of his way) on State Road 192.

The moving reservation is set. Penske is giving me a great price on a 16' truck with which I shall tow my own vehicle.

Wow, that makes this seem so... real. I can't believe I'm moving back to Murray. Hell, I still can't believe I left my job, possibly my career. Big changes afoot. Exciting and horrifying. Still, I can't help but feel that I'm just killing time until I die.

"I'm rockin' the suburbs...just like Quiet Riot did

I'm rockin' the suburbs...except that they were talented

I'm rockin' the suburbs...I take the checks and face the facts

That some producers with computers fixes all my sh**y tracks...these days..."

I had no idea boredom could be terminal. I've been on vacation for two months. Three weeks was about all I could take. I don't go back to work or afternoon seminary until Sunday. I am going bonkers. Out of my mind insane with boredom. I live in a podunk town filled with houses, schools, and synagogoes. Hang-Outs: 0. Its an hour commute each way to Jerusalem. Someone needs to pad the walls.

I am having some of the strangest dreams lately. Last night there were three weddings in two days, the first day had two weddings and my own fiance was getting married in the second ceremony, but not to me. She didn't want to disappoint her parents. I was supposed to be getting married the next day, but nobody knew, so I was going around to the first day's crowd handing out invitations. The line I remember most vividly: "We have to invite Stan Lee!" :nonp:

As some of you know I watch Food Network a lot, sometimes even with pants on.* So, recent comments:

The Bad :thumbdown : The Next Food Network Star got it wrong. Jeffery was so obviously the better choice it actually angered me. Not only that, but the woman with the winning concept has her show out already, and her winning concept isn't it. Stupid stupid.

The Good :thumbup: : A new show is coming on called What Would Brian Boitano Make? Kudos to both them and Brian for having a good sense of humor.

*apologies to Jim Gaffigan :D

To RJCurrie: You're grating, but it's an honest kind of grating, so normally I deal with it better. However, my apology was not followed by a counter-apology.

To the people who jumped on me for insulting RJCurrie *Back*: I don't care what you think of someone. That does not give you the right to dogpile me. Your actions are not ones I can respect.

The matter is dealt with from my end. Your end is up to you.

Time of driver update: 13:34.

Time of Computer Death: 13:48.

I'm not sure what happened, but my computer is toast. I took it to the shop and I'll be using my old computer for a week. *sigh* At least I had this old computer. Of course, it's so out of date just getting it ready to use will take a lot of downloads. Hope it doesn't die, too.

I've been playing Galactic Civilizations.

It used to be Brianca's game, but she gave it to me with the comment "I gives me a headache. The same kind of headache I got from Civilization, and I know you liked Civilization." I hope she keeps getting headaches from games. She was right, I like this.

I've had it for several months. Played off and on, and am still finding new things.

I just finished the first game in which I managed to conquer the galaxy without fighting a single war. I had to do combat with a couple of "space monsters" but not with any major OR minor spacefaring civilizations. I simply built my civilization to be so awesome, everyone else wanted to be part of it.

It is kind of disconcerting when something that looks like a green skinned gorilla with tufts of red hair wearing spiky black armor grins and says they love our people SOOOO much they just want to cuddle us....

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary asks why I don't tell everyone about the Terror Stars. Or the movement in the United Planets to put a special tax on my people. or...

Don't judge me

So I'm watching "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" and on a commercial cut they say "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? is brought to you by Wal-Mart... where no one is smarter than a fifth grader!"

Ok I added that last bit, but it popped into my mind instantly and I couldn't stop giggling :D