Re: A Thread for Random Musings

They are mine! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Four shiny new AOR CD's!

Jack Blades: Shine

Beggars & Thieves: Grey Album

Stan Bush: Self Titled

Glen Burtnik: Welcome to Hollywood

AND

my copy of Danny Kaye's the Inspector General on DVD arrived from Amazon too!

All I need now is the Commission from Storn for one of my characters and I'll be in HEAVEN!

Rockon!

:rockon:

This Sucks!

Well, this weekend we dropped a chunk of money.

We bought what is probably the world's most over-engineered vacuum cleaner.

Yes, Vacuum Cleaner.

We bought a Dyson.

And when I say that it sucks, I mean that when we pulled it out of the box and set it up, we vacuumed an area of our carpet to test it and promptly filled up the dust bin. Then we dumped it and vacuumed over the same area, and pulled up even more dust! When I pulled out the wand to try using the edge cleaning attachment, the suction was so powerful it pulled the wand back towards the vacuum cleaner because the hose was trying to collapse.

It's a serious sucker!

Of course, now that we have a proper vacuum cleaner, we have to clear off the floor so we can vacuum the carpet. :/

Doc

Now that our consumer debt is gone, I find that my motivation to do part-time work for The Princeton Review is nearly zero...

Too bad my work ethic doesn't allow me to abandon classes I've agreed to take on. (More) free time in the evenings, and time to get back into shape, would be really nice right about now.

Ah well, it's only a few more weeks.

Guest Worldmaker

Now, this one was clever, as the global guardians mail server has been mistakenly taken as a spam source in the past (for some reason, for example, hotmail refuses to believe that we generate that much legitimate traffic... try explaining 30 PBEM campaigns to a drone at hotmail).

Dear user of globalguardians.com,

Your account has been used to send a large amount of spam messages during the last week.

Most likely your computer was compromised and now runs a hidden proxy server.

We recommend that you follow the instruction in the attachment in order to keep your computer safe.

Virtually yours,

globalguardians.com support team.

The problem is, there's only two people on the "globalguardians.com support team. One of them is me, and the other is not whoever sent this to me.

Guest Skaramine

I bought Navy SEALs 2: Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Yeah, a little propagandistic. Also, enemy AI is stupid, you can't run through the branches of pine trees, but enemies and your partner can dissappear into the ground like a sand shark, and these guys speak the same corny lines over and over again in different, crappy accents.

But, it's only $9.99, and when you're in a foul mood, you fire up the game, select the M-4 Benelli Shotgun, and even without God mode, you can show these poor, dumb, pixelated morons that they've just reaped the whirlwind, and feel ennervated as the resounding THUMP of the shotgun going off reverberates over your headphones.

"I've found you!"

THUMP!

"You've found my buckshot too!"

"You cannot hide!"

THUMP!

"Who's hiding?"

"I've got you now!"

THUMP!

"Someone's gotta mop your @$$ off the wall, chumpzilla."

:D:bmk::D:bmk::D:bmk:

Bill Maher had an outstanding commentary tonight regarding the media's lack of attention to the Democratic convention, and he mentioned that one of the saddest spectacles was Kerry sweating and speaking fast trying to finish in time so that the public or media outlets wouldn't switch to (as Maher put it) Elimidate before he got his message across.

He was quite eloquent about how the media isn't interested in the convention because it doesn't offer drama and excitement and instead is "too scripted" - the one shot every 4 years the parties have at showcasing their vision and members.

Additionally, he pointed out how this is not about drama and excitement, we are electing a president, not covering the Peterson case, which he referred to the media as preferring.

It was excellent. While I was not fond of the media's decision, I was more ambivalent than not. Now I think it is a bad thing.

Guest Skaramine

It's 3:40 AM, and I cannot sleep. At first, it was stress, and lack of progress today on my book, only doing 5 pages.

So now, I pound out four more pages, and that still doesn't put me to the land of Nod.

But, I go online, and oooooooohboy!

I find the cover of my next book, due in February 2005, up on Albert Slark's website.

Image copyright, Slark Studios.

http://www.alertslark.com

Check out the action page for others in the series...

But here's my next baby.

And check out Israeli superbabe/agent Tera Geren.

Last night I dreamt I was living in a crappy motel, and my roommate was Saddam Hussein. And I hated Saddam because he wouldn't pay the rent or clean the apartment or get off his ass and find a job--he'd just sit in the recliner all day watching TV and eating Fritos. And I was thinking that I couldn't wait for the trial to begin, and he'd be in prison and I wouldn't have to put up with him any more.

Sleep is overrated.

Guest Worldmaker

I had a song stuck in my head all day. Normally, this drives me bugshit. Today was different. Today I really didn't mind. So, with apologies to James Taylor for not quoting all his lyrics.

Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone

Suzanne the plans they made put an end to you

I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song

I just can't remember who to send it to

Won't you look down upon me, Jesus

You've got to help me make a stand

You've just got to see me through another day

My body's aching and my time is at hand

And I won't make it any other way

I’ve been working my mind to an easy time

My back turned towards the sun

Lord knows when the cold wind blows it’ll turn your head around

Well, there’s hours of time on the telephone line

To talk about things to come

Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.

I've seen fire and I've seen rain

I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end

I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend

But I always thought that I'd see you again.