A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I've had the book for two months now, last night I was reading the dedications in the Ultimate Brick and I saw my own name.

To think I excitedly showed the wife the powers I had submited to the Online USPD that had also made the book.

I feel oddly honored to be mentioned with the other member of the Corvallis Connection, Bob Greenwade as well as JmOz and Dean Shomshak (sp?)

It was a nice feeling. I can't even look at the book without getting a silly grin on my face...

I had fun on my long weekend. Went to my family's beachhouse 200km out of town.

My mate's girlfriend was fabagasted in awe when she saw the fish (black jewfish) we were going after (about 1 metre). The biggest fish she caught before was 1 foot. After she got over it, she caught 2 jewies.

On the way bringing the boat back in on a tractor I was in the middle of a platform where we could stand but had nothing to hold on to. After my mate who was driving went from 2nd gear into 3rd, I fell off. Realising the boat on the trailer was behind me I "commando rolled" out of the way to safety. Picking myself back up, and dusting myself off, I went into the house, which I was right in front off to clean my "war wound". I scraped quite a bit of skin off. Funnily enough, my glasses stayed on the entire time. ;) (I think I brought myself an extra point of DEX from that experience)

Anyway had fun, if anyone wants pics just say so.

Guest Worldmaker

You know, you'd think that a person stupid enough to plagiarize someone else's work wouldn't do it in front of the person he is plagiarising, but...

I am SO sick to death of people's certainties and cocksure attitudes about things, as I just expressed to Soulcatcher in another thread. Amazing how people "know" for absolute sure so much. It must be so nice for you all.

(PS/EDIT - "you all" is not specifically NGD/HERO boards participants).

Guest Skaramine

Well, ok. You guys know I'm a Gun Bunny.

I make scale-model guns out of Cardboard and Black Electrical or Silver Duct tape (great for those stainless steel guns).

Since late last week, I've been working on upgrading the look and feel of one of my favorite Glock models - the longslide Tactical (SWAT)/Competition model 34/35. Practically every day I've been fiddling with imperfections from the thickness of the slide (on the thin side - bulked up with another layer of cardboard), a clunky looking trigger guard (trimmed to be more square), enlarging the magazine drop button and slide stop lever (non working), widening the magazine baseplate...

Today, I've pretty much gotten it to where it looks its best.

Here are my shots of my model, and the "real steel" - if you can say that about a polymer-framed handgun. ;)

Pugs are funny.

The wife and I were taking ours to the vet. We saw a young woman walking her pug along the street. The Pug saw a patch of shaded grass and leapt into the air turned onto his back in midair and rolled. The girl walked over too him and he jumped up and they started, for lack of a better word, wrestling. It was hilarious.

I reiterate,

Pugs are funny.

Guest Worldmaker

I have got to stop allowing some of the utter dinks who post on this board piss me off, because apparently the only time Ben sees "rude behavior" is when I say something to someone about how they're acting like a complete ass.

Well, the new door is in, and it is beautiful.

But it's weird, too.

We'd been dealing with the old door for so long that it seems strange to open the door without hearing a tell-tale scraping sound. Or to close the screen door and have it latch without having to pull on it.

It's good to have nice things.

Doc

Guest Worldmaker

I'd like to publically thank Ben for removing my written work, which was posted without my permission to these boards by someone else under that other person's name, from the Hero Boards.

Getting sick, sux. I need a picture of Kara to cheer me up.

2 3/4 hours ago I was feeling fine and dandy, I had an afternoon sleep for 1 1/2 hours then, WHAM! sore tummy and sore neck. Getting up and walking is a very slow exercise. Forget running anywhere. I believe I know where I got it, and what to expect. Luckily if it is what I expect, this sickness should only last 24 hours. Until then, I am sick, sore and I miss being well. Trying to keep my food down.

:( & :sick:

After avoiding the American political phenomenon that is Michael Moore I have relented. This morning whilst listening to the syndicated radio movie reviewer & satirist “Dear Bill†gave Moore’s latest a review I liked. Now I’m interested in seeing the movie.

Q: Since this will be my first introduction to Mr M. can I enjoy the film by itself, or do I need to read/view any of Moore’s previous work to understand it?

Warning: anyone not answering the question asked and instead turning this post into another Moore thread (bash Moore/support Moore) will receive negative rep from me. My intention is not to discuss him, his views etc. I just want an answer to the question above. PM me if you like. No “Moore†threads.

Man, that's frustrating!

So many times -- so many times -- there will be an answer on the Answers and Questions thread that I'd have a beautiful question for, if it was only phrased a little differently. But you can't rephrase the answer then supply the question, you just gotta go with what's there. So all I can do is pass and come back later.

Phoo.

I live! I am having an absolute blast. Its hard to put how at home I feel here into words. We may be moving to Beit El. We're staying there with friends this coming Shabbat so I'll have a clearer picture of what and where next week. I have very limited internet access right now. I forgot that my last name cannot be correctly transliterated (spelling wise) into Hebrew and that the closest approximation is almost always pronouned "Kay-nan" by Israelis. I'm tempted just to change it to "Canaan" for my sanity's sake - or translate ********* into Hebrew: "Malka-Ann." More later.

Von D-Man

Guest Skaramine

After three days, I've finally bought the right boxes for mailing my manuscript in to my boss. However, old boy editor in chief wrote me back about the e-copy I sent him...

"Thanks, Doug. Bravo on the prologue of this story!

best

feroze"

Some days, it's good to be the king. :king:

Guest Skaramine

One of my new friends just sent me a 2-minute MPeg video on the FN P90.

It's like he KNEW I went and bought duct tape, electrical tape, and got some cardboard from the local Aldi discount store. :D

Soon I will once again be in work Estrogen Prison.

*sigh* for almost two glorious years the number of guys equalled and once exceeded the number of gals. Now I will have no one to talk NBA with. (though I am holding out hope that one of the young ladies we just hired is into Basketball...