Champions: The Super Role Playing Game (4th edition)

Jason S.Walters

51 minutes ago, GM Joe said:

Would you consider a Kickstarter to get it re-edited and re-typeset? :)

I would back that. Heck, for that matter it be nice to have stretch goals to colorize the book, make a HD Update for it, and to include a remastered GM Screen. 

15 minutes ago, Sketchpad said:

I would back that. Heck, for that matter it be nice to have stretch goals to colorize the book, make a HD Update for it, and to include a remastered GM Screen. 

Great point. That GM screen and the booklet in it were golden.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, not sure what was the source file.

On Drivethrurpg, there are four versions of the PDF. These three seem to be versions of the same scan (which is poor)

(Champions4E-Corebook-20170410.pdf) - Based on the date, It's clearly the original file uploaded to Drivethru
(Champions4E-Corebook_(bookmarked).pdf) - The file above but with bookmark
(Champions_The_Super_Role_Playing_Game_Repaired.pdf) - Same scan but what was repaired? The bookmarks disappeared.

And this one is a much, much better scan and has bookmarks.

(Champions_4e_-_Christian_Fasy_Version.pdf).

No clue if the POD is based on one of these versions but to avoid confusion, the first three files should be removed from Drivethrurpg as they are significantly poorer than the Christian Fasy Version.

1 hour ago, zslane said:

The only 4E PDF that I have that isn't a crappy scan is for the 4E Hero System Rulesbook. Unfortunately, that's only half of the 4E Champions BBB, and I don't have a PDF of the Champions section alone.

I'd recommend the BBB PDF in the Hero Store.  $18 and includes three different versions of the book.  But while they are various degrees of crispness on the screen, IIRC they are not at a high enough resolution for POD to get a good print, they are complete and readable while you look for hard copy.

There is someone that is in the process of doing scans of 4th Edition Hero books that will be of a high enough resolution to put out a good POD print.   They can weigh in if they choose. 

2 hours ago, Spence said:

I'd recommend the BBB PDF in the Hero Store.  $18 and includes three different versions of the book.  But while they are various degrees of crispness on the screen, IIRC they are not at a high enough resolution for POD to get a good print, they are complete and readable while you look for hard copy.

There is someone that is in the process of doing scans of 4th Edition Hero books that will be of a high enough resolution to put out a good POD print.   They can weigh in if they choose. 

This is one-hundred percent true; the resolution is far too low for clean prints.  You only _really_ need something in the order of 32 dpi to make something look fantastic on a screen.  You need way, way, _way_ more than that to make it look good in print.  In general, anything under 150 isn't worth printing, and 300 dpi is "reasonably crisp."  I prefer 600 to 1200, but the files are massive, which is why you don't see many of them.

Some time back, Spence sent me a debound 4e (and several other books) that I intend to use to scan 4e myself and see if we can get that scan used for the POD.  Alas, I have to wait until winter (the shorter sunlight hours mean slightly shorter work days, meaning I have a few minutes in the evenings to do stuff like this) before I can really begin.