Western Hero 6th edition

Christopher R Taylor

Ordered my copy (PDF & POD) earlier today. 

Only had a chance to skim but I really like that you included a campaign area and enough adventures (small and a few long) that can be run individually or easily connected into a campaign.  

That plus the book containing all the rules needed for chargen and play, makes this the type of book Hero needs IMO. 

Now all we need is a 5thR version.......

What? I'm a gamer.  Give me an inch and I'll want a mile..

I have to give Matt Forbeck full credit here, his original Western Hero campaign section made it into this one to a noteable degree. I had to do a lot of editing and rewriting to fit better info about Deadwood, and change some details in the adventure, but he came up with the two major adventure ideas and some of the additional writeups for campaign suggestions (its why he gets credit in the book info at the beginning).

I found a more period-accurate Deadwood map, and significantly more accurate details about the characters and events than he had access to in the early 90s, but I leaned pretty heavy on his work for that section.

It should be noted that the new Western Hero is a "complete" book, in that it includes all of the rules you'll need to play a Heroic level Western Hero game.  (To my complete approval, it does not include Powers, referring you to Champions Complete if you want to include them.)  

6 hours ago, Chris Goodwin said:

It should be noted that the new Western Hero is a "complete" book, in that it includes all of the rules you'll need to play a Heroic level Western Hero game.  (To my complete approval, it does not include Powers, referring you to Champions Complete if you want to include them.)  

Yes, that is perfect.

17 hours ago, MrAgdesh said:

Yup. A $25 Chivalry & Sorcery vinyl GM screen with card inserts was going to cost me $41 shipping. Then I’d get hit with import tax. It’s nuts. 

It's things like that which makes me think that everyone should have a close friend in the US who is willing to buy it for you and send it from their home as a gift.

Maybe we could get a copy and mail it to MrAgdesh, shipping isn't horrible for a media product directly to someone.

Meanwhile, I'm finishing up the final bits of a module to go with Western Hero, a Town Taming adventure where the PCs ride into a town to kick out the bad guys and calm things down!

The Taming of Tascora should be out next week, depending on how things go here at home.

I’ve got a few friends in the States - gaming and otherwise although one of the gamers is currently in the military and serving in Italy.

I’ve reached out to them but awaiting some comeback. If I don’t have any joy I would appreciate anyone that could help me out and would naturally reimburse them first!

Drivethru use USPS and their prices seem to have escalated dramatically. The current pandemic doesn’t help and neither does the mistake of Brexit (sigh).

Cheers for the offers anyhow. 

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

I'll swap you a paper copy for a set of lawn darts.

Serious offer.  My lawn darts are starting to crumble with age (had them since the 70s).

I’ve never heard of lawn darts! 🤣

Are they an exclusively quirky British thing?!

Lawn darts are a fun but wildly dangerous game from the 70s.  Basically they were huge heavy darts kind of like the Romans used to use.  You'd step out a target on the ground in the distance, toss them in the air, and try to land them in the target.  Pretty entertaining.

But they were sharp and heavy and kids used to do stuff like throw them straight up the air as hard as they can and well, predictable results.  They've since been banned.

Depending on how well WH sells (I know some people love westerns and RPGs but I don't think the customer base is gigantic), I have like 5 other adventure ideas or campaign concepts, like a Cavalry Base, an Oregon Trail run, a Native American campaign (what if the PCs were around as chiefs and medicine men and helped unite the tribes as powerful leaders?), a Railroad building campaign, etc.  There's so much that could be done and never has really been touched on.  Running back a few decades, a Mountain Man campaign could be amazing too.

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

Strangely, this seems to be a uniquely USA problem.

They are still legal everywhere else on the planet.

The US is odd....  Nope; cant have lawn darts, but get a free rifle when you open a bank account.

And where is this bank? I need to open an account! 😀. But seriously my background checks say otherwise. 

6 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I'll swap you a paper copy for a set of lawn darts.

Serious offer.  My lawn darts are starting to crumble with age (had them since the 70s).

I know a few people that would try to play catch with them.  After asking you to hold their beer.....

1 hour ago, Ninja-Bear said:

And where is this bank? I need to open an account! 😀. But seriously my background checks say otherwise. 

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/florida-company-offering-free-ak-47s-for-people-opening-new-accounts-with-them-6470304

There have been a couple in Texas and a few others in other places.  We had one just a few towns over a couple of years ago.  It's like a semi-regular thing.

Now if anyone wants to do a deep google dive, the Michigan one comes up _a lot_.  Be aware that the Michigan one was fake, set up by Michael Moore specifically to film banks handing out guns to random strangers.   That's not how these promotions work.  You get a voucher, which you can choose to redeem or not, to be redeemed at an entirely separate location, _after_ passing a background check _and_ the firearm will be registered (assuming you pass the background check).  Michael Moore wants you to think it works like back when they gave away calendars and toasters.  :?