2021-2022 NFL Thread

Starlord

OOOF....Daniel Jones might not be the answer, but with him out, the Giants can't throw the ball AT ALL.  10 minutes left in the 4th, they're 10/26 for 40 yards with 2 picks.  Tied at 3 at the half, somehow, but it's 34-3 now.

And this weeks Stunning Upset of the Decade, the Texans are taking the Chargers behind the woodshed.  Meanwhile, the Bucs take care of business rather easily, while the Rams apparently have a bit of a schizo game...Stafford's thrown 3 picks but the offense has put up 30 (with special teams help) anyway.  Rams should finish it off.

8 hours ago, Starlord said:

Ravens Tyler Huntley goes on the Covid list...so with Lamar Jackson out they will have to start Josh Johnson, who signed 10 days ago and hasn't started in 3 years.  Whoever wins this game will likely win the AFC North.

Somehow, my Bengals will bleep this chance up.

Nevermind :)

1 hour ago, Logan.1179 said:

Gods, we suck.

#Jags 

Hey, if there's gonna be a silver cloud here, you're now in great shape for the #1 pick.  

The NFC is crystalizing a LOT now.  5 teams in (including Arizona, I believe with the Vikes' loss), 2 divisions clinched.  4 teams now out.  That's before the afternoon slate even completes.  AFC hasn't seen anything new, but KC's up 23-0...Steelers' string of disastrous first half performances will likely bite them this week...and that'll put them in.  But that's *it*, I think, with NE losing.  So with 2 weeks left there'll be 1 team in, and *11* still alive.  And that'd be true even if there were only 6 playoff spots, I believe, but the 7-8 teams might be out.   

So Big Ben gets stripped on a slow-developing fake reverse, KC gets the ball at the 6, 1st and goal.

Almost 12 minutes left, but they realize it's in the bag, and Henne comes in for Mahomes.  In a display of What Not To Do...he fumbles on the next *2* plays.  Recovering both, but still.  Chiefs still kick the FG.  

And CBS takes so freaking long with a full double rack of commercials that all we see is the Raiders running the clock out.  Which of course means ANOTHER full set of commercials and promos.  

So how insane is the AFC North?  Cincy 9-5, Baltimore 8-6...BUT, Cincy has KC next week and the Ravens have the Rams (!!!!).  Whereas Pittsburgh and Cleveland play each other.  The loser is out in terms of the division, regardless, and very likely from the playoffs altogether.  Cincy needs 1 win to be in, as they've got the tiebreaker by beating the Ravens twice.

Oh my.  This one snuck in on me.  Seahawks led the Bears the WHOLE game...until a 30 yard pass play and roughing the passer set the Bears up with a first down at the Seahawks' 35.  They punch it it, and *go for 2* to take the 1 point lead with a minute left.  Seattle has 2 penalties, can't make a single first down...game over.  Seattle loses, and is eliminated, not that they had more than a snowball's chance realistically.

Ohh...just watched it.  ESPN is saying torn Achilles, yeah.  

I've yet to see a situation like that...no contact, not even any kind of hard cut or drive move...that wasn't serious.  Tends to have one of the longer recovery times, too, so he might miss much/all of next season.

Cowboys are driving to win Rout of the Year award in the first half.  Good excuse to read.

So, with your starting QB out and two stud running backs on the roster, what's the game plan?

If you answered "Give each running back 7 carries for a total of 8 rushing yards", then you might be the offensive coordinator for the Denver Broncos.

They're not mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, but the probability of making the postseason is now <1%.

Another wasted season in Donkeyland.

9 hours ago, Pariah said:

So, with your starting QB out and two stud running backs on the roster, what's the game plan?

If you answered "Give each running back 7 carries for a total of 8 rushing yards", then you might be the offensive coordinator for the Denver Broncos.

Make that "OC in the NFL" and you're probably closer.  Who doesn't abandon the running game at the drop of a hat?

One of the last, best links to the old NFL.  The only reason Belichick is generally considered the GOAT is because Madden couldn't continue with the air travel;  without that who KNOWS what he'd have done.

Oh, and then all he did was win the sportscaster Emmy.......16 times.

I got tired of him eventually, but hell, as long as his career was, that was inevitable.

Hey, watching Patriot misery is second only to watching Cowboy misery.  

But hey, they were only looking at football.  Most miserable sports fans?  Cubs.  They're in physical PAIN, it seems, when they have some success because they've become so accustomed to embarrassing failure.  You could say the same for Mets fans, but they've only had a couple decades of it...not a century.

As a foreign observer I back Unclevlad's assertion. Cowboy Misery then Patriot misery. Then Giant misery. Never forgiven them for defeating the Bills at the Superbowl. Despite how close the score ended up being I never felt the Bills were in it.

I start watching when you have a strike shortened season and the Redskins end up beating Miami. And you find yourself following one of the finest Quarterbacks of all time in Joe Montana in San Francisco.

I am an NFC North guy. I support the Vikings and I have friends who live in Milwaukee where the Packers used to play. It also means I have a soft spot for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as they were in the same division.

I used to have a bad feeling towards the Browns with the whole Dog Pound bit. But then the team up and left town. So for them to get a team back, I hold no grudge.

A sad start to the new year in Broncos Country:

Dan Reeves, player and coach who participated in nine Super Bowls, dies at 77

A member of the Broncos' Ring of Fame and the architect of Denver's AFC dominance in the late 1980s, Dan Reeves was the coach that made the Broncos relevant. With John Elway as his quarterback, Reeves led the Broncos to three Super Bowls but lost them all. He also led the Atlanta Falcons to their first Super Bowl a few years later, which they lost to Elway and the Broncos (then coached by Mike Shanahan). 

He's an icon in Broncos Country, and he will be missed.

It would appear that Antonio Brown has taken dynamite to the bridge this not, not merely burning it down.

STORMED off the field during the game while removing the entire upper part of his uniform.  I think it's a pretty safe assumption that he'll be cut posthaste.  I have no idea why;  nothing reported so far.  Don't care.  Bucs may not be particularly invested in this game...losing to the Jets would normally be Really Embarrassing, but they have their division clinched.  And you just don't storm off, dissing the team by tossing aside the uni, while it's going on.

Unless you're AB.  Then it's the blowup you expect.  This is, what, 4th time?  

Certain teams clearly have gone into winter hibernation.