Pulp Images

HeroGM

• 2 weeks later...

The man with the mustache is obviously Hercule Poirot. The large man sitting down is probably Nero Wolfe. The girl is Little Orphan Annie or Nancy Drew. The couple in the staircase may be Nick and Nora Charles, although Nora is holding what looks like a large cat instead of the dog, Asta. The upper floor may be the Hardy Boys and their father. No clue about the rest, although I suspect Dick Tracy is one of them.

3 hours ago, tkdguy said:

The man with the mustache is obviously Hercule Poirot. The large man sitting down is probably Nero Wolfe. The girl is Little Orphan Annie or Nancy Drew. The couple in the staircase may be Nick and Nora Charles, although Nora is holding what looks like a large cat instead of the dog, Asta. The upper floor may be the Hardy Boys and their father. No clue about the rest, although I suspect Dick Tracy is one of them.

The guy in profile against the wall could be Dick Tracy, but I think the cigarette in his mouth makes him as Sam Spade. Can anybody place the strongly built guy with glasses?  An obvious choice would be Clark Kent, but everyone else there but Bruce is a literary figure so I think it may be someone else. 
   Congrats to tdkguy for the rest of the deductions!

It couldn’t be Cranston, he didn’t wear glasses and all the illustrations had him being imperially slim.   But I think you were right the first time with the girl being Nancy Drew.  Everybody else is a literary detective. Annie was neither. After a close look at the picture I also think you were right about the couple on the staircase being Nick & Nora.  It’s more of a dog’s face than a cat’s. I think that the colorist just made Asta the wrong color.

I missed Tintin. It is Nick & Nora on the staircase. I would say Nancy Drew more than Annie. Lamont is there but he's hidden (jk).

I would say Annie is over next to the guy with glasses, he could be daddy Warbucks.

I picked up the panel from 2003's Batman: Detective No. 27.

I totally missed Tintin. I didn't even notice him until KawangaKid pointed it out.

I did mention Albert Campion, a British detective. He does wear horn-rimmed glasses, but he is also described as being thin and having an unintelligent expression. The guy with glasses is a bit too broad for Campion, unless he was drawn heavier than normal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...