Terror, Inc. module?

armadillo

Is there a module starring Terror Incorporated? (Professor Muerte, Giganto, Scorpia, Feur)

I have read a few threads discussing this villain group. I'm just looking for a module or detailed adventure laying out how they operate(d).

If there is no module, how would you set up a multi-session storyline involving this group?

A classic use of this group comes from an Organization group called The Blood and Dr. McQuark.

In it the PCs run into TI as they are stealing some device from some research comp.

WHY?

To use it to find and loot a crashed, ancient spacecraft full of potentially valuable tech.  Though TI were tangental to the plot really, you could make them central.  Agents of TI are found setting up safe houses in the city.  As players clash with the agents, PM and his supers come in during the actual robbery to keep the players from intervening with the theft.  Now to track down the device and stop what ever plans TI have.  Season appropriately, serve to the PCs.  

Terror Inc. is no longer owned by Hero Games, Heroic Publishing owns them. I have received permission from Heroic Publishing to update them to 6th edition. This was done in Villainy Codex II by Tiger Paw Press, I'm in the process of putting all the material I've done into a future project called the Muerte Files, which is the name he goes by now. As far as an Hero Games adventure project extremely doubtful that it will happen

In 6ed they only appeared in Classic Enimies for stats, and mentioned a lot in the background, but not as much as anyone would like.

Tiger's 6ed work on them (Villain Codex 2, TTP Villain Vompunition Volume 1, The Island of San Murete, the upcoming TI book) are actually the most ink ever spilled about them.

Just to be clear, I've used Professor Muerte and his crew a lot over the years, but I have a hankering to do them right instead of shoehorning them in like I have in the past. I actually bought Enemies II in the Eighties when it was new. :)

I have a campaign set in the 1980's right now so I'm going back to the beginning. That's where this is coming from. (Not sure if it helps, but I just didn't want anyone to think I was a newbie!)

3 hours ago, armadillo said:

Just to be clear, I've used Professor Muerte and his crew a lot over the years, but I have a hankering to do them right instead of shoehorning them in like I have in the past. I actually bought Enemies II in the Eighties when it was new. :)

I have a campaign set in the 1980's right now so I'm going back to the beginning. That's where this is coming from. (Not sure if it helps, but I just didn't want anyone to think I was a newbie!)

I suggest picking up at least Villain Codex 2 to see and read what generally happens to the group and if you like/can use what happens as a basics for your own take. If your looking for MORE villains than just a new Terror Incorporated, buy TTP Villain Compendium 1 instead. You get most of the same information as VC2, and stats for Dr. Lirby Koo, an undead spellcaster who is not Tako, a mentalist villain who is not a hide in secret guy, a crime lord with a secret, and a small number of mercenary supervillains. 

You might also want TPP Villain Compendium 2. We have two assasination "groups" (Aces of Death never sends more than one agent after a target, while IMP is a bunch of scary clowns [note: all small letters] who do wacky and comedic murders, or just strange murders), a group of background guys who knows Terror Incorporated, a group of mercenaries who are connected to Terror Incorporated, CLOWN reborn [heaven help us...], a team endorsed by the family of Aaron Allston, one team created by the Arrangers [EF-1, insert your own what this means jokes here], a collection of people with elemental powers, mutants, the "New" Geodesics, and that is that.

It's been a long time since I GM'd Terror, Inc. in a game. A thought came around to me: What is Prof Muerte's end goal? Okay, he's a terrorist and isn't nice. What is his final goal if everything went his way? Is he trying to take over the world, all the financial markets of the world or to get the ultimate lotion to deal with his, um, looks?  Pardon my ignorance if this has been shown somewhere but I'm not aware of it.

Like Tech, I haven't used the good Professor in quite some time. But, when I did use him, I made him a terror mastermind that worked in the shadows while his agents took on heroes and agencies in the light. For a while, the player heroes were sure he was just a rumor created by his agents, as cell leaders often took the blame for the crimes, and the costumed villains escaped. But then another Terror Inc scheme would pop up along with some familiar villains. When the group finally met Muerte, they managed to defeat him and discovered it was a decoy that lured them deep inside the installation to kill them. Having barely escaped, they were determined to find the real Murete. Unfortunately, the group split up shortly after, but it was a fun game while it lasted. 

Well, if you're talking about uses for Prof. Muerte generally, I wrote a reboot of the character for Digital Hero #44, based on his official 5E Champions Universe status of having been murdered by Scorpia and Feur(macher). In the article he's found and revived by Takofanes for his own purposes, making him both better and worse than before. I also created several all-new minions for him. But I'm afraid the article doesn't include an actual adventure.

(Perhaps ironically, I never used this version of Muerte in my own games. The whole article leans toward a horror style, which isn't my thing. I wrote it as a creative exercise, but I prefer classic Muerte.)

DigitalHeroCover44small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 6:21 PM, Lord Liaden said:

Well, if you're talking about uses for Prof. Muerte generally, I wrote a reboot of the character for Digital Hero #44, based on his official 5E Champions Universe status of having been murdered by Scorpia and Feur(macher). In the article he's found and revived by Takofanes for his own purposes, making him both better and worse than before. I also created several all-new minions for him. But I'm afraid the article doesn't include an actual adventure.

(Perhaps ironically, I never used this version of Muerte in my own games. The whole article leans toward a horror style, which isn't my thing. I wrote it as a creative exercise, but I prefer classic Muerte.)

DigitalHeroCover44small.jpg

FWIW, I used your version of Muerte in a past Champions campaign, to very good effect.  It ended with a heroine flying after a nuke missile launched at Europe.