Halloween 2021

46 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Sincewhen has Halloween been about horror? Do children go trick-or-treating dressed as Winston Smith?

Thanks for the image of a five year old in grey prison wear with a homemade cage on his head with a little toy rat inside.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Tjack said:

Shouldn’t Count Orloff (Top row between Chocula and Lily) be “The original” since Nosferatu came out in the silent era.  Bela Lugosi’s Dracula was from the 1930’s.

Nosferatu is seen as a rip off of Dracula and Bram Stoker's heirs sued. Thus rip off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosferatu

1 hour ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Sincewhen has Halloween been about horror? Do children go trick-or-treating dressed as Winston Smith?

Michael,

You missed the point, it was more that the Flake adverts are not appropriate to Halloween as they are highly suggestive. Go on to Youtube, type Flake Advert and look at at the ones from the late 70s through to 1992 and you will get the general idea.

1 hour ago, Logan.1179 said:

TOY rat?

Yes a TOY rat.  I’ve been bombing my niece with bizarre Halloween ideas for her sons. (My Grand-nephews, God I’m old) so I want no harm to EVER come to the kid I had in mind.

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

Nosferatu is seen as a rip off of Dracula and Bram Stoker's heirs sued. Thus rip off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosferatu

Good point.  The books came out in opposite time line as the film versions.  I saw the image and didn’t consider the original source.

6 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

uumdcrjf86u31.jpg?auto=webp&s=f2e751bf91

Okay--I'll take the raisins if I'm starving.

Circus Peanuts, Good 'N Plenty--pass.

Never had Mary Jane, but a quick bit of research says they're peanut butter and molasses, so I'll take 'em.

Sno-Caps, Milk Duds--yes to both.

Squirrel Nut Zipper--not interested.

Bit 'O Honey--I ate those when I was little I'd take it.

Australian Liquorice--Not particularly fond of the American version.  Pass.

I'll pass on the Neccos as well--since the crazy guy with a hook for a right hand wants them, he can have them.