The 2023 Master List Superdraft

Sociotard

My last option is The Question

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question_(character)

In this incarnation he is Victor Sage.

My premise is simple. My roster is protecting New York City.

The Kraken and Beast from 20,000 Fathoms protect the city from water borne attacks and can intercept anything in the ocean coming close to the city.

The Question and Chameleon can investigate subtle threats and deal with them.

The rest have the firepower to deal with any other threat.

Looking around the sunny parking lot, Clint Barton could not believe what he saw.

Everywhere he looked, he saw costumed people.  He saw two Witchblades, three Harley Quinns, Any number of spider-folks, some Game of Thrones people...

"Why am I here?" he mumbled.  

The other heroes had already run into the Convention Center in excitement.  Kamala Khan could barely contain her energetic nature.  No matter how many times Clint reminded them that they were there on a mission, the rumors of shenanigans afoot required a response, these kids, Kamala Khan, Speedball, Thunder, Lightning, Cyclops, Beast Boy, were off... somewhere... into the great unwashed masses.  

"Damn O'Brien ditched me already," Barton said, unsure where his stretchy cohort had gotten to.  Slapping his face into his palm, Clint Barton tried to calm himself down.  "Why couldn't Cap have come to this?  I'm not some baby sitter."

"Ah Barton!" said a female voice.  "This is a good look for you."

Clint knew that voice.  It was both a blessing and a curse.  Is this better to have his ex-wife at Comic-Con with him?

"Hey Bobbi," he said.

Option #3:  Bobbi Morse, Mockingbird.

Adrianne Palicki to play Mockingbird on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Eggplante!

Edited by Psybolt

Okay, the remaining two for me were Gallaxhar (lucky break for me, actually) and Green Arrow.

Option: Location: Gorilla City

Option: Black Panther

Option Giant Gorilla Superman (from Earth 53 Dark Knights Rising: The Wild Hunt)

Rocket was casing Galaxhar's ship, when the combined duo of Poison Ivy and Wartoy took it first! Even worse, they had some idea of what they wanted: transdimensional teleporter technology. Wartoy used it to grab a city from another dimension, Gorilla city, and slam it right into Wakanda. The ship was immediately destroyed. But where were Poison Ivy and Wartoy? Rocket went to survey the fallout, and found Swamp Thing already there, drawn by the distress of the plants. Investigations were made more difficult by the confrontation between Wakanda and Gorilla City. Transdimensional assault can make such a territorial dispute.

Little did Rocket and Swamp Thing know that this was Wartoy and Poison Ivy's plan all along; by throwing the two nations into immediate conflict, Poison Ivy got to create a new plant sanctuary and Wartoy got to sadistically murder people in it.

Even with the extra help from Darkwing Duck, Green Arrow (and his new sidekick, Eve) will they be able to settle down the Gorillas and the Wakandans in time to stop the real threat?

Sorry, my last pick is a bit late.

We need ambiance, we need a vegas style locale that can be different enough supers seem almost normal...

and a place with some colorful characters to greet and serenade you works even better...

Option #3: Vic's Place (From DS9, now in Vegas)

latest?cb=20070403161157&path-prefix=en

My last option pick ...

There's a lot of funky stuff in and around Area 51, y'know?  All kinds of things are there, depending on whom you believe.  It's all hooey; just a bunch of surface nuclear test debris, classified aircraft and missile remnants of failed tests, and so on.  Garbage you don't want the Russians and Chinese running their hands over (or civilians stealing and turning into furniture ... some of it's a bit too "hot" in terms of radioactivity for that), nothing more.

Except, partially exposed by a surface nuclear test (like the Sedan nuclear test, but a different one), was a strange artifact that seems not to have been damaged at all by the blast that unearthed it.  Humans finished the digging out, threw a quick sheet-metal roof over the complex, and started investigating it.

Option 3: a Stargate.

Fiction to come over the weekend.

Edited by Cancer

Final entry.

Our title: FOXBAT UNIVERSALIS INOPS

Yamato circled dead slow over the empty Nevada desert, keeping an excavation in the flats below dead on the ship's starboard beam.  "Ladies," breathed the enthusiastic and clueless man staring at the "stone" ring in the excavation, "Do you realize what we have here?"

The eyerolls were almost audible.  "We do, Mr. Chairman", using the title Foxbat had given himself at the initial meeting of the "team", said Jean Grey.

"Do you want to explore the stars?" asked She-Ra.

"No," said Foxbat.  "I want to rule ... the Local Supercluster."  

"So modest," said Emma Frost.  "The Skrulls had that as a long-term goal, after they had found and translated the operators' and designers' manuals for the stargates."

"Oh, fascinating," replied Foxbat.  "Do you think there's copies here?"

"It's present in the unit.  There's a certain sequence of sigils that brings up the documentation rather than activating the transport capacity."  Not wanting to touch the man's mind with a ten-foot pole, Emma scratched out something on a notepad, tore the page off, and handed it to him.  "This ship is too large to be transported, but the captain's gig will fit through the ring comfortably."

"I think I and the rest of the team can hold this site securely against all comers, while you explore the galaxies and decide on a strategy," said Wanda, with a wink to the other women.  "We will set you down, and take the ship back to Tonopah for supplies while you make your initial examination, Mr. Chairman."

"YES!" Foxbat cried, jumping out of his seat and pelting down the ladder to the gig's davits.  

Twenty minutes later, Foxbat and the loaded gig (on a motorized trundler dolly) were set down at the stargate.  He spent forty minutes with the informational settings, and then entered a sequence of sigils and vanished from Earth.

"How long til he come back, you think?" asked Shadowcat.

"It won't be soon," said Jean Grey.  "Let's do as Wanda suggested and go get supplies."

The ship lifted, and floated off southwestward.

Edited by Cancer