Weberverse HERO

Metaphysician

Expensive!

REALLY Expensive!

Honor would be a minimum of 400 points but probably closer to 600 with most of her stats being in the Legendary range, lots of skills levels and an absolutely frightening number of Martial Arts Manuevers. Remember she took out a highly trained team of Assassins in THOTQ pretty much single-handed except for Nimitz; who would be built as her follower and pretty costly himself.

The rest of her people would probably be in the 200 to 400 point area. Let's remember they're all a lot older and therefore more experienced than they look.

Originally posted by Edsel

Great... Another universe has been assimilated.:rolleyes:

You say this like it's a bad thing. Hero Games is unlikely to go after these types of licenses, so you'll probably never see Hero versions. These types of things done for ANY game system end up producing quantified descriptions of the key elements of the setting and lots of source material - all of which can usually be easily converted to use with our game system of choice.:cool:

John D

I will buy it, even though I am not really a d-20 fan. Weber fan, YES INDEED!

Originally posted by Spence

Any idea when it will hit the shelf? It would have to be converted, but I like the honor universe and think it would be a great backdrop for a game.

Originally posted by John Desmarais

You say this like it's a bad thing. Hero Games is unlikely to go after these types of licenses, so you'll probably never see Hero versions. These types of things done for ANY game system end up producing quantified descriptions of the key elements of the setting and lots of source material - all of which can usually be easily converted to use with our game system of choice.:cool:

John D

Oh I'll probably look at it, if nothing else just for the background material. I don't mind d20 particularly, it's just that I feel it has taken a lot of the creativity and innovation out of the RPG market. Instead of new systems and ideas, everybody just seems to make a d20 variant. I figure its just a matter of time before the glut of d20 games forces some companies out of business. It already seems to be happening to some extent.

Most of the time when I visit my FLGS the new releases shelf is stuffed to the brim with new d20 variants and just a very few, if any, games that use any other system.

• 2 months later...

Re: Weberverse HERO

no further word yet on the HH RPG yet, havent heard about a movie

I would check the boards over at travellerrpg.com for info on those

I have but didn't see anything new on the RPG. They still mention that they got the game rights from/with(?) the people with the movie rights (?).

the only conversion I've seen for the HH books was for a Treecat

and I posted it to this board earlier this year

:cry: missed that. Time for the old archive search....

Starship Troopers wasn't really a good book to make into a movie. Too philosophical. What should have come across as devotion to duty in the book turned into mega-bad-ass-itude in the movie' date=' and turned personal sacrifice into a big dick contest.[/quote']

You seem to have a much better opinion of it than me. :snicker:

• 8 years later...

At the time that this topic (and the part about a possible HH movie) first appeared here on

the boards, I knew absolutely nothing about the Honor Harrington stories, so I decided at

the time to refrain from posting anything about a topic of which I knew nothing.

Since then, I've had the opportunity to read all of the existing Honorverse novels (post-op

recovery does leave one with ample opportunity to catch up on one's reading), and have

come to the following conclusion regarding any attempt at doing a HH movie -- whether

it's a theatrical release or something made for TV: that the only real way that such a movie

could be done would be to do it in CG.

Think about it: given that the characters in these stories benefit from a genetic alteration

procedure that extends their lifespans to (at the most) 300 years, and that because of

this procedure they tend to look extremely young -- a 25- or 30-something tends to look

like a preteen, depending upon the specific generation of the Prolong therapy that he or

she received -- there's no way that these stories could be done as live-action films, for

the simple reason that -- even if the stories can (and often do) take place several years

apart from one another -- the actors and actresses playing the parts are going to age. It

may not happen right away, but sooner or later visible signs of aging will start to appear,

and there's only so much that makeup or other measures can do to hide them.

Then again, I have yet to see any character in these stories make it to the 300-year mark;

between death by assassination or space combat (not to mention that thoroughly nasty

Mesan mind-control nanotech), most of the folks in these tales are doing good just to make

it to 100 years old (and Honor herself, from the last that I read, is pushing 90 as of the

most recent novel).

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

What would the people and things of the Honor Harrington books look like in Hero terms??

Depends a lot on whether you go by the first book, or the last one. She gained a ridiculous amount of abilities through retconned genetic engineering in the later books, as well as all the mindreading. She started out as a good, balanced player character, but ended up as a GMs Mary Sue.