Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Oh..."this" is Bison, by the way. I thought I'd post a pic of him as well, since I mentioned him above.

He's a basic brick that specializes in move bys and throughs.

Enjoy.

Edit: Oops...forgot the attachment...sorry.

Edit 2: The size came out screwy...this might be better.

I think that the Cryotron headshot is fantastic. The "Perez armor-reflection circles" (that's who I always think of when I see them) touch works very well. This would have made an excellent cover for a comic issue.

Nice job on Bison, 'Tooth. Sometimes the animal motif masks are kind of hokey, but you made this one work.

:thumbup:

I think that the Cryotron headshot is fantastic. The "Perez armor-reflection circles" (that's who I always think of when I see them) touch works very well. This would have made an excellent cover for a comic issue.

Nice job on Bison, 'Tooth. Sometimes the animal motif masks are kind of hokey, but you made this one work.

All I can say is "ditto"! :)

Thanks Aylwin.

Also, extra thanks for noticing the "reflection-circles." I LOVE using the reflection circles...it's too bad you don't see them as much as you used to anymore.

BTW, if anyone is interested in seeing more of my "old" NGD stuff here, let me know. I'll be more than happy to post some here, especially that I can now keep the files pretty small and not use up all of my attachment allowance.

Yea! Get to work! More scanned goodness!

You could at least say please, lemming.

Please, 'Tooth, please.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please :D

OKay, this is Sabre - My take on a Psionic Warrior in the modern age.

I basically photoshopped an image of Solidus snake, and added a helmet... Since I suck at drawing, I had to work with what I had.

Yeah, I think the Helmet looks out of place too...

:(

Hopefully I can find a replacement in the future.

OKay, this is Sabre - My take on a Psionic Warrior in the modern age.

I basically photoshopped an image of Solidus snake, and added a helmet... Since I suck at drawing, I had to work with what I had.

Yeah, I think the Helmet looks out of place too...

:(

Hopefully I can find a replacement in the future.

Actually, the helmet looks pretty good. The green blade on the sword, however, clashes with the red and black of the rest of the look.

Even if you claim you ganked a bunch of it from something else (don't ask me, I didn't recognize what you mentioned), this still came out quite sweet!

Nice work

Well, the original pics were taken from Metal Gear Solid 2... For the body and the sword I literally cut and pasted a pic of Solidus Snake and colour-edited the hell out of it. I then took the helmet from Ninja 2 (Also from MSG2) and photoshopped it with a pic of X from Megaman X7.

I'm still rather unsure about the helmet though... it doesn't sem to blend in well with the rest of the armour texture-wise.

Thanks for the compliment though! :)

Actually' date=' the helmet looks pretty good. The green blade on the sword, however, clashes with the red and black of the rest of the look.[/quote']

The blade of the sword is actually supposed to be a telekinetic blade... Sabre basically focuses his psionic powers through the sword handle to produce the blade.

I figured that making it green would work towards showing that it was an energy blade of sorts, but it came out rather wrong. If Possible, I wanted to give it the same effect as a lightsabre from Star Wars...

Yeah' date=' I think the Helmet looks out of place too...[/quote']

I dunno...I think the helmet looks fantastic, but what do I know.

I think it's funny how people who say they can't draw can do awesome stuff with photoshop, or whatever the graphics program of choice is, and some of those (like myself) who "can" draw can hardly do anything with photoshop. :(

I sure wish I could piece stuff together like that, but my photoshop skills are practically nonexistant. I guess I'm stuck freehanding it and using my limited imagination...:(

To fix that blade, you'll want to apply some Blur effects and underlap that with a slightly larger, lighter effect done the same way.

Play with the filters--I can't get enough out of Kai's Power Tools, to be honest. Sooo many possibilities...

Presenting Locust!

He was one of my player's character from back in the beginning. He was created by the same accident that created the villain Dragonfly. However, he retained more of a human appearance than Dragonfly, which pissed poor ol' Dragonfly to no end. This made Dragonfly one of Locust's more dedicated Hunteds and numerous and memorable battles ensued.

The picture itself was drawn in 1993 on notebook paper (and probably during a college class that I should've been paying attention to :stupid: ) and is a pencil sketch. I'm pretty happy with the overall look, but the left arm and hand came out wonky. Anyhow, I do apologize if it's a little fuzzy, but it took a lot of work to clean off the notepaper lines. That and I'm terrible at using photoshop.

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Enjoy!

Presenting Locust!

He was one of my player's character from back in the beginning. He was created by the same accident that created the villain Dragonfly. However, he retained more of a human appearance than Dragonfly, which pissed poor ol' Dragonfly to no end. This made Dragonfly one of Locust's more dedicated Hunteds and numerous and memorable battles ensued.

The picture itself was drawn in 1993 on notebook paper (and probably during a college class that I should've been paying attention to :stupid: ) and is a pencil sketch. I'm pretty happy with the overall look, but the left arm and hand came out wonky. Anyhow, I do apologize if it's a little fuzzy, but it took a lot of work to clean off the notepaper lines. That and I'm terrible at using photoshop.

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Enjoy!

I like it, it seems like one of the works that imparts more of the sense of the character.

Does he have those antennae-sort of things in secret ID (if he has/had a secret ID)?