Superhero Images

schir1964

Guest bblackmoor

Re: Superhero Images

Here's an updated version of Mindscape.

Are those shoulderpads, or are they breasts?

I like the pose, though. Dynamic.

Are those shoulderpads, or are they breasts?

I like the pose, though. Dynamic.

They are her ceramic armour, covering her breasts. Thanks for your interest. :rolleyes:

No really, I was trying a dynamic pose. This character is Mindscape, a mentalist. She doesn't fly... yet. (TK and Flight are next on the list for powers to buy)

Mags

Since this might be of interest to those who like to use outlines for starting their character images:

In my My 20,000th post I pointed toward a collection of outlines at outlines.zip

It's a 3.5MB download of 268 poses in indexed png format. Just change their mode to RGB and you should be good to go.

They pretty much look like so before modification:

s077_01.png

I believe that's a pic of the mini right above it as Mags' avatar.

Hardly. They share a color scheme, is all. But they aren't even from the same team. Magmarock is of V.A.L.O.R. and is a lava-based Brick PC. And Mindscape is a Mentalist who was originally a member of UNIT 1 (back in the day, in a FtF game, she got her head bit off by a demon. The dangers of having armor on a 14-) and I retooled her for a GGU campaign, The Damocles Directive.

Good to see you back in here posting' date=' Magster.[/quote']

Thanks, Blue. :D

Mags

(I made a seperate thread for this, since I wasn't sure if a City of Heros related post should be added to the Superhero images thread. But I got next to ZERO response on this. So I'm reposting it here anyway. I apologise for the cross-posting.)

Okay - so Issue 4 is on the test server. Some interesting new costume options are available. I'm having some fun playing around with things in the Icon tailor shop and/or with the initial character generator on test. Idly checking in on the Hero boards and see Sapphire in the little box over there to the left.

*DING*

Saaay... I wonder if...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well I'll be darned! She DOES work!

Sooo... What other Champions characters can be reproduced?

Defender?

I used the color scheme from the wallpaper/sideart image. Wasn't able to really get his helmet visor right. But I think that mostly looks like him.

How about Ironclad?

Not bad, but there aren't any kilts in City of Heros, so it's either briefs or long pants. I went with briefs. They also don't have the right kind of gloves. Or soleless boots. But I think the overall effect is in the right direction.

The last one above is to show some scale. He's nearly at the top hright available, minus a few inches. I didn't think Ironclad was more than about 7 feet tall.

I'm not able to reproduce Knighthawk AT ALL, mostly because COH hasn't got anything even approaching a hood or a helmet with a beak on it. More's the pity, I'd love to be able to do a Gatchaman homage...

I thought reproducing Witchcraft would be relatively easy, but it's not. The wrap-around robe/blouse she wears doesn't fit nearly anything in the COH wardrobe. It's actually easier to make Solitare from the old 4th ed Champions. I'd make a screenshot, but I haven't figured out yet how to take a picture from the costume shop window. I liked the idea of showing you all the results, but I'm not forking over the influence/"cash" for a one shot costume that I'd be deleting in 5 minutes anyway.

(BTW, none of the above characters existed longer than it took to get the screenshots.)

Besides, it makes for a fun challenge! Can anyone else reproduce some Champions universe characters in City of Heros costume generator?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one I don't think I've shared yet.

This the Nth Man. He's an escaped Viper Super Soldier experiment fighting the good fight. He's essentally a "human paragon" with some mid-level mental abilities. He kept the Viper color scheme to rub their nose in it, essentially.

Holy Snapping Rainbow Trout! How did you create that work of art? What software did you use? Thats brilliant, mate!

Oz

Thanks, folks! I appreciate it. Yes, the characters and their costume designs were mine with the exception of Animus/Anima. I really had no clue how they should look other than the point that they "share" clothing so it should be neither to feminine nor too masculine. I think Ian did a pretty good job coming up with what she's wearing.

Their stats are not a family secret and I'd be happy to show them to you.. if they existed. Generally, I'll come up with character concepts to flesh out the world so the PC's don't feel like they're living in a void. But I usually don't stat the background characters until I need them to be. That way I retain a certain amount of flexibility. The only one of the Immortals group that's been done is my own character Vanguard. And I believe its still a work in progress. However, I'll attach it.

There are a lot of homage type characters and groups in my world. I figure if they work in the real comics, why not translate them into the game campaign. Besides, its extremely difficult to have a truly unique concept anymore.

With the Immortals, I knew I wanted them to be "the Avengers of my world." So i built them with that in mind. The thing is, I had already created my world's primary villain team Novus Ordum. And I had constructed Novus Ordum with the idea of antithetical Avenger concepts. I didnt want to repeat the character ideas (although I ended up having to with Captain America). At the same time I had a sense of needed cohesion. Novus Ordum were "evil" versions of the Avengers between issues 4 and 15 (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Henry Pym, and Wasp).

I already knew I wanted Vanguard (Captain America), Lady Hex (Scarlet Witch), and Apollo (Vision) on the team. So with that in mind, I did some research. I needed to find the Avengers team instances where Cap, Witch, and Vision were on the team, but where Thor, Iron Man, Wasp, and Henry Pym were not on the team. There's a grand total of three consecutive issues throughout the entire (original) Avengers series: 252, 253, and 254. The other Avengers that made the team then were Hercules, Starfox, and Captain Marvel. And that's when I created Victor, Anima/Animus, and Aurora. With Aurora it worked out nicely that I could save Half-Life from a horrible fate with just a couple minor changes.

Captain America was easy. I had Cap in mind when I originally created the character 12 years ago for a campaign a friend of mine ran. Making Lady Hex out of Scarlet Witch was also pretty easy. Apollo came together almost by accident but fit well as the Vision concept. There are many parallels between him and Vision.

Victor from Hercules wasn't too bad. I focused on the Herculean myths of the 12 tasks he had to do. In Victor's case, its a 12-point code he refers to as "the Trials" that gives him his strength. Turning Captain Marvel into Aurora was easy. Cap M's powers are all light based. Aurora is a being of light-based energy. Starfox was the hardest one. I didn't want to just copy him. That would defeat the purpose. So I looked at him objectively and came up with the idea that he's really two different people. He's got the emotion control powers, but, like all of his people, he's basically a brick as well. So I settled on the two-character concept.

Is this standard for you other GM's, or did I just find myself with too much time?

:)

RL

No it's notr a standard for some of us Although I can't Say for the other GMs.

BTW can I IM you a question for some PC pics for my Campaign world? :think:

Seeker!!!

And the name wasn't even taken already!! (At least not on the test server)

Again, he didn't exist longer than it tok to get the screenshots, so if anyone feels the urge to have fun with our favorite cheezy Australian Ninja on the test server, feel free! ^_^

Hey, Logan. Anther chesy Australian here.... What program/software are you using to create these?

Oz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Im going to try to post a pic or two. Im a semi-professional artist; my roomate and I drew all the cardboard figures for the "Stand-Ins" line available at RPGnow.com. (We did alot of the coloring too, but the editors wife did some also).

Anyway, for a long time now weve used what we call "Heroforms"; blank figures that I drew a while back, just to give a good idea of the overall costume. Im going to try to post the costume for Revenant. Hes our current campaigns "dark brooding avenger of the night" type. Hope you all like him :)