Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Does he have those antennae-sort of things in secret ID (if he has/had a secret ID)?

I memory serves, he had instant change and would change from human to human/bug hybrid at will...probably another reason why Dragonfly hated him so much.

I like it. That might do for Hyperion if you adjust the color schema.

Hawksmoor

Thanks. I already submitted the pic to the GGU as Ultra, though.

I'll do a different one for Hyperion. I need to go read his description first.

Cheers,

Mags

Same idea just white with a gold cape. Do you have a non colored version?

Hawksmoor

My stuff starts out on paper, then I scan it to color it in Photoshop. I used hand color all my stuff, but apparently it's not acceptable some places. :)

The original sketch is around here somewhere, but you don't want a clone pic... do you? If Ultra's Player rejects the pic, I'll reuse the pose for Hyperion. Otherwise, I'll just do a new one, ok?

Mags

Hey Mags' date=' your work is improving! Well done!! :thumbup:[/quote']

Why, thank ye, thank ye very much! :D

To tell you the truth, in my mind this pic is far from finished, but I just decided to stop putting anymore work into it and submit it as-is.

Mags

My stuff starts out on paper, then I scan it to color it in Photoshop. I used hand color all my stuff, but apparently it's not acceptable some places. :)

The original sketch is around here somewhere, but you don't want a clone pic... do you? If Ultra's Player rejects the pic, I'll reuse the pose for Hyperion. Otherwise, I'll just do a new one, ok?

Mags

I liked the pic. Ultra or not, the art is good. Plus I know how busy you are.

Hawksmoor

Here's a pic I did for one of the characters who used to be a PC in my PBeM and is now an NPC until I can write him out. It's not the official pic because the Player doesn't even know I've been working on it.

Ultra is a Superman knockoff.

Nice pic Mags.

I especially like the pose, very cool! :thumbup:

I scanned this page from a really old sketchbook I had lying around.

I really hate getting old because now I can't even remember what was supposed to be going on in the scene. I really should try to "finish" what drawings I start, but that's another thread.

Anyhow, I know the character flying up in the middle. He was either a villain named Hellbore, or an NPC Super named Starfall. They were twin brothers, one good and one bad, and the only way to tell them apart was the color scheme on their costumes.

I remember they had the power to go into an "overload" (anyone remember overloaded hellbores from Starfleet Battles?) only after they had taken a certain amount of body damage, and that is what it looks like he's about to do.

Over on the left is a really poor light sketch of Bison and some Green Arrow-lookin' guy. I vaguely remember that the archer character is someone from the Hero Games line, somewhere from Original-4th Edition, but probably from the "earlier" supplements.

Anyhow, rep to the first person who can tell me who it is...if I'm able to rep ya'...if not, I'll rep on the next go round.

I've had a big two weeks of marking students' exams and essays, so I was tied to a desk. The funny thing was that being tied to that desk allowed me to stumble into drawing up characters for the Global Guardians game.

I've been using the Hero character outlines (found on the Free Stuff page) and adding in details. Originally I had someone else colour them but then got impatient (Thanks Brian!) and started doing them myself.

Each picture only took about 15 minutes all up, so I'm not presenting masterpieces, but I think they convey a sense of the character. To get the character details you'll have to go to the Global Guardians website (http://www.globalguardians.com) and check out the NPCs page or the Characters page.

The first picture is of Medusa. She started out as a hero and friend to the PCs of my Dawnstars game, but through some nasty personality shifts she became their greatest (if somewhat hidden) enemy. She is a Tunisian telekinetic (of course!). All of the pictures will be dowloaded in a 200x300 size. If you'd like to see bigger just let me know.

Here is Jungle Boy (obviously based on Disney's Tarzan) who is part of a Disney-inspired campaign. He's the son of world-famous superheroes and can talk to animals (although they don't always listen). He used to be called Kung Fu Kid, but that was way back when he was 12 or 13.

The next three (yeah, I'll do three per page because they're so small) are my PCs:

a) White Rabbit: a teleporter who disappears down 'rabbit holes' who was widowed by one of the GGU's most enigmatic and destructive villains - The Blood Red King. She wasn't killed because she was out of town on the day, but was left behind with three kids. After half a decade of being a mom she has decided to come back to superheroics. Brian Cobb did the colouring for White Rabbit too.

B) Union Jack: a guy whose father dabbled in dark sorcery-science which somehow allowed his son to become a vessel for the spirits of the Peers of Charlemagne. He joined the Dawnstars team, got a bit bored with always being attacked and nearly killed, so he retired. After a short retirement he joined Britain's superhero team, Majestic. He also picked up a special suit like the early versions of Captain Britain, which enhances his strength and gives him the ability to fly really fast. Brian coloured this red one and I did the black one (which has no attempt at shadowing so it's kind of flat.)

c) Los Hermanos: a duplicator, able to create over 100 copies of himself. He's probably my longest running PBEM character, although I originally took him over from Jack Butler long long ago... He's a nice, laid-back guy with a unique perspective on life. I currently play him in two PBEM universes which shows that I really like him (although playing a duplicator is really hard - and being the GM must be kind of infuriating!)

Here is a supervillain team (or parts of it) called Anarchy created for the GGU by someone a long time ago... probably Jack himself. They are mercenaries and have a major beef against the US Military.

The leader is Assault, a Vietnamese American Brick.

Razor is a psycho with a very sharp forcefield (which shreds any clothes he wears - not that he minds).

Diablo is a pyrokinetic with a dark personality... don't they all?

Here's a pic I did for one of the characters who used to be a PC in my PBeM and is now an NPC until I can write him out. It's not the official pic because the Player doesn't even know I've been working on it.

Ultra is a Superman knockoff.

Oh my Gawd! It's Mich-el! ;)

...some Green Arrow-lookin' guy. I vaguely remember that the archer character is someone from the Hero Games line, somewhere from Original-4th Edition, but probably from the "earlier" supplements.

Anyhow, rep to the first person who can tell me who it is...if I'm able to rep ya'...if not, I'll rep on the next go round.

No rep necessary... the archer is Kor Hunter... from The Circle and M.E.T.E. supplement... copyright 1983 so definitely an "earlier" supplement

Bill Beane

Wardens Chronicles - Champions Campaign - http://wardens.angeva.com

Foundation Chronicles - The World of the Wardens - http://foundation.angeva.com

No rep necessary... the archer is Kor Hunter... from The Circle and M.E.T.E. supplement... copyright 1983 so definitely an "earlier" supplement.

Many many thanks Concord. I had completely forgotten about ol' Kor Hunter, but it's not surprising since I haven't broken out that supplement for a good number of years now. It also just goes to show how old this sketch really is.

I know you mentioned that rep wasn't necessary, but my "rep quota" wasn't used up yet, so I was able to rep you and did.

Again, thanks for jogging my memory. :)

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the feedback. It's been awhile since I sat down to draw. I need to get back in the swing of things.

Mags

It's really good to see you still drawing. As far as getting back in the swing of things goes...you and me both.