Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

I always wanted to do a "Cover" for each game session. Realized when my game started that I would just never have time. Anyway, I was home, trying to keep my mind off work today and came up with this.

Some of it is good, some isn't.

I always wanted to do a "Cover" for each game session. Realized when my game started that I would just never have time. Anyway, I was home, trying to keep my mind off work today and came up with this.

Cool cover Blue!!! :thumbup:

I felt the same as you (back when I actually played/GM'd Champions) about doing covers. I did manage to do a couple (no slick logos or anything) that highlighted some of what went on during the session.

Ooo...Ooo...Ooo...the darkened figure...is that Wyvern? :)

I think it's great, but I like the style itself to begin with.

Does this represent a point in the actual combat or is it like a lot of covers where what's within isn't quite what's on the cover, out of curiousity?

Thanks guys :D

Is it Wyvern? Actually... I haven't decided yet. I've got three possibilities, of which that is one.

I actually intended it to be not quite what happens in game; It's a tease. This scenario hasn't happened yet. It's the cover for the next game... whenever I can lure my players away from Exalted, which may be in about a month.

btw... since there are some 16 characters on the team, I had to select a cross-section. The face in the foreground is Lucretia, the figure in the brown coat is Dr. Gardner, slumped over the pieces of one of his steam robots, the guy with the shredded jacket is Billy Ray (no hero name acquired yet), the guy in the blue and yellow is Rift, a timetraveller; and I threw in my own Anthem in the back-right.

The shadowy figure has been classified "Myth" until the heroes figure out who /what it is.

In the interest of keeping the "art" threads going, I'd like to shamelessly plug the NGD Art Thread.

This was a pretty popular thread for a while, but ever since the attachment allotment was introduced, it seems to have died out quite a bit. However, there's still a couple of good pieces there and I'm continuing to try and contribute.

All are welcome (although I do believe folks need to be registered nowadays in order to view the NGD forum), even if you don't draw or anything, your input is appreciated. Comments and critiques are usually welcomed and appreciated (especially from me) and who knows, if you have a request put it there and maybe someone will be able to pick it up.

Thanks! :)

There's something wrong with that?

(From someone who obviously doesn't draw as well as you)

Don't you think so?

I can't get my "eye" off the trunk and legs. Also, the ribcage looks like it might be a little too wide. Don't get me wrong. I don't like to draw women in the "anime" style that's so popular nowadays. Where they are drawn as "sex kittens" or as being timid and weak (although powerwise, they are very powerful).

To me, the trunk is a bit too long (from the crotch to the solar plexus) and the legs, especially the left leg is wrong. It looks like it's angled too far left and the thigh should be pointed more downward.

Thanks for the comments! :)

I can't draw women very well...so can anyone tell me what's wrong with this pic...

The back leg looks disconnected.

but beyond that, nothing seems wrong if she is not meant to have the standard, buxom, comic look. If she is, then you need to add to the chest.

The back leg looks disconnected.

but beyond that, nothing seems wrong if she is not meant to have the standard, buxom, comic look. If she is, then you need to add to the chest.

Thanks Tim. I've reworked the sketch and posted it here.

I've also replied to your post...but, you probably already know that. ;)

I'm also looking for some costume/uniform ideas on this thread.

Thanks. :)

To see a "final" sketch of the character and costume this post was referring to, click here.

Lots of thanks to everyone that helped with the costume design, especially Aylwin13, Zornwil, Blue, and anyone else I might've missed.

Thanks guys! You ROCK! ;)

>beep< >beep< >beep<

Here's some life support for this thread.

This was posted a long time ago on the NGD Art Thread. However, I'm posting it again here to try and pump some life into this thread. Although, the picture is hardly one of my favorites. As always, comments and/or critiques are welcomed and appreciated. Please feel free to use the pic to meet your needs, but please don't just "steal" it and run. Instead, leave a comment, suggestion, improvement, or idea behind. I don't mind anyone using the art for their needs, but if the current trend continues, I won't be posting anymore art here.

This is Decibel. The picture was drawn and inked sometime in the mid to late 80's. He was another in a long list of "hardly got to play" characters that breezed by in my Champions campaign. I've never liked the costume design, but it was all I could come up with. I did have a friend comment once that the costume was very "DC-ish." Whatever that means.

Enjoy.

Hey 'Tooth, nice job on Decibel. He looks like a villain to me, more than a hero. I'm not sure what "DC-ish" means. Actually I'd say he looks very "Williams-ish", as in Mark Williams. It looks a lot like the work he did for The Great Supervillain Contest. :thumbup:

Hey 'Tooth' date=' nice job on Decibel. He looks like a villain to me, more than a hero. I'm not sure what "DC-ish" means. Actually I'd say he looks very "Williams-ish", as in Mark Williams. It looks a lot like the work he did for [b']The Great Supervillain Contest[/b]. :thumbup:

I think what my friend meant by "DC-ish" was that it looked like something that the comicbook company DC would publish. Until then, I never really thought that there was a certain "style" between the two big comic companies.

I hadn't noticed the "Williams-ish" similarity, until now. I think it has a lot to do with the way his left arm/hand looks. Mark Williams is probably my most favorite of all Hero Games artist. It's not that the other artists aren't good, but Williams' art was so raw when Champions first came out. Also, since he was the primary artist early on, he must've had to draw literally hundreds of pics for Hero Games and all the supplements that followed.

It's sad that I learned he passed away not too long ago, from a link someone posted here.

I like Decibel alot 'Tooth. He's got a clean' date=' uncluttered costume. A good union suit if I do say so myself.[/quote']

LOL!

It seems I've always tried to center the costumes around a symbol or something. Since this guys a sonic screamer-type (is that an archtype?), what's the symbol for sound? I dunno, but I guess that circle with the squares coming off is as good as any. :D

>beep< >beep< >beep<

This is Decibel. The picture was drawn and inked sometime in the mid to late 80's. He was another in a long list of "hardly got to play" characters that breezed by in my Champions campaign. I've never liked the costume design, but it was all I could come up with. I did have a friend comment once that the costume was very "DC-ish." Whatever that means.

Enjoy.

Nice. This reminds me for some reason of the image of Wee Willie from the Great Supervillain Contest.

I've got a couple of things, of a personal nature going on (you know, the old "friend leaves wife and you have to help move stuff out and console said friend and ex-wife" stuff :nonp: ).

So, I probably won't be posting any new art for a week or two. That is unless someone wants to see some more of the "old" stuff. :D