Superhero Images

schir1964

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Me again

Been a while since my last post... don't want this to die out.Back in 94 I did my own drawings of the Beserks from Dark Champions. Well I collored them in, and saw how truely bad a job I did. Well just this weekend I pulled out the originals from 94... and a second look the drawing wernt' that bad, but the coloring I did was the bad part... So with my Photoshop skills growing (but still not 100% there yet) I attempted to color the Berserks... here are the 1st 2 I did

Re: Next Bererker

Originally posted by Wildcat

OK her's the next one... Still wondering if the Chainmail is workign or not... let me know wich one looks better.

WC

Not bad Wildcat. They both look good, though I think Thor looks a bit better.

Re: Another super-patriot

Originally posted by American Valor

This one's another favorite character of mine. It still needs a little cleaning up, but I like him.

Looks cool AV. I downloaded it, but for some reason, only part of the image shows up in my image viewer. When I look at the thumbnail though, I see the whol image (which looks awesome, btw).

Anyway you could repost the file in a smaller size?

What's with the name Dark Patriot? Is he more of a vigilante type? I had a character a few years ago called American Gothic. He was a patriotic character, but he mainly fought street crime

Hello All!

I have been watching the current thread with a lot of appreciation and interest since it began. Its been great seeing the heroic visions of Champions from around the world.

It motivated me to finally combine some old Campaign Artwork, a scanner, and a paint program to try and do justice to some of my oldest characters.

I had hoped to one day feature them on a web page, complete with stats and campaign history. I even went as far as dreaming about a Strike Force style supplement. Who knows, something may one day come about.

At any rate, here is the first. I look forward to hearing your comments. I guess if the response is not too negative, future postings will follow. Please feel free to provide constructive criticism!

Thanks for Lookin

Re: Another Beserker

OK gang here's the latest one. The feedback I'm getting is 50-50 chainmail-no chainmail so I think I'll give ya a side-by-side comparison.

WC

I like both. Each has their own qualities to it, so I can't decide! :(

BTW, this one is the best of the three so far

Re: Re: Another Beserker

Originally posted by urbwar

I like both. Each has their own qualities to it, so I can't decide! :(

Yeah I'm of the same camp

BTW, this one is the best of the three so far

Seems I'm getting better the more I do. And Loki was one of the better drawn. I still have Hiemdall, Thajazi, Tyr & Odin (my fav) left to color. (I just recently colored the Mechanon from Champions main book, but unsure if I should post it here since I didn't draw it)

I acctualy used these guys against my group, and thumped the PCs... the Team is unsure if they want a re-match or would rather they just stay away.

WC

Another old Pic newly Colored

This one is my version of the Terminator from the Old Teen Titans Comics.

In my world he's called Death Stalker the Terminator, to distinguish him from the villain group Deathstroke.

WC

(this is the Pic I made the Chainmail patter for previously seen on the Beserkers)

Re: Another old Pic newly Colored

This one is my version of the Terminator from the Old Teen Titans Comics.

In my world he's called Death Stalker the Terminator, to distinguish him from the villain group Deathstroke.

WC

(this is the Pic I made the Chainmail patter for previously seen on the Beserkers)

This one looks awesome WC!

Originally posted by Jayde Tiger

COLOR=orange]

Hmmm . . .

No interest in my first foray.

I'll send another and see if I get any feedback.

Once again, thanks for looking![[/color]

I liked both pics, but just got both as of 2 minutes ago. so dont get discouraged, they were really good.

TimS.

Hmmm . . .

No interest in my first foray.

I'll send another and see if I get any feedback.

Once again, thanks for looking!

I really like the background work. The figures in the foreground are a bit blurry. Did you modify the pic in order to post? Or is it just my lousy monitor?

I really like the background work. The figures in the foreground are a bit blurry. Did you modify the pic in order to post? Or is it just my lousy monitor?

[color=] Thank you for the comment. Some of the pics I will post are likely to be a little blurry due to the resizing. The Black and White figures were originally 8 1/2 X 11 or 11 X 14, so getting them down to managable web sizes tends to mess them up a bit.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid this?

Here's another to look at while we're at it.

Thanks

Jayde[/color]

Re-sizing Issues

[color=]

Anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid this?

Thanks

Jayde[/color]

Try scanning them in at a higher reseloution say 600 then after getting them into say Photoshop, bring em down to a more workable size like 300 once your done save em that sized, but then resize then again for posting on the web... I do that, and they don't look blury. It's when you scann em at only 100 then shrink em thye get warped.

WC

Looks cool AV. I downloaded it, but for some reason, only part of the image shows up in my image viewer. When I look at the thumbnail though, I see the whol image (which looks awesome, btw).

Hmmmn, let me try this again...

Ok, this one's a little smaller, but I'll get the hang of it!

Jayde Tiger, I think your work looks great and the background on silver fox is awesome! For that matter, there's good work all over this thread! I'm thouroughly enjoying it!

Dark Patriot is a hero I used in one of my cmpaigns that coupled an armored super-patriot with an urban level hero. He was an older character who been left jaded for govt. work due to actions witnessed since the Vietnam Conflict but still retained his patriotic fervor and refocused it towards aiding the common man.

Wildcat, I like both designs, but I favor the chainmail more. It has more of a 'techno-norse-berzerkor' feel.

This is an older drawing of mine, with a little help from a certain 'photoshop fairy' I know who sometimes graces me with a magical assist here and there, they've really made a difference in a lot of my work.

The character's one of my favorites, a very straightforward energy manipulator with all of his celestial powers in a multipower reserve and the ability to traverse open space.

Try scanning them in at a higher reseloution say 600 then after getting them into say Photoshop, bring em down to a more workable size like 300 once your done save em that sized, but then resize then again for posting on the web... I do that, and they don't look blury. It's when you scann em at only 100 then shrink em thye get warped.

Thanks Wildcat, I'm going to have to try that.

Of course you realise I'm going to have to go back and redo all my previous work now. :)

Thank you for the comments American Valor. I can't take credit for the background on Silver Fox. Its just an image I found in a google search that I cropped to use as a background.

I really liked Crux! He leads me right into the next group of shots I was going to post. He looks like he would fit right in!

Its a PC team known as the Canadian Shield. Being Canadian, (don't hold that against me :D) most of my Heroic Games have been set in this country, often centered around Toronto. The Canadian Shield were "officially recognised by the government of the game and became a team that adopted a "colour scheme" of red and white (with exceptions). I think we weere influenced by comic teams with uniforms like X-Men and Alpha Flight that were popular at the time.

Crux looks like an embodiment of the Canadian Flag! He could have easily been a member of that group! :)

I'll be posting them with a little info throughtout the day.

Thanks again all!

Canadian Shield

Here's the first member of Canadian Shield, one of my PC groups from days gone by.

He was known as MANTA, and some of you may feel he looks awfully familiar. He should, since he is an amalgam of Marvel Comics Stingray and FGU's leader of the Crusaders: Manta Man.

This Manta was also the leader of the group, and the Player even worked the old FGU Manta into his origin. This character was primarily a gadget oriented/ armoured suit wearing hero. He was equally at home in the water and in the skies. He generally filled a flying EB role in combat, but was much more effective in the role of Leader and PR man. I have fond memories of his "death from above" AE grenade drops!!

I tried for a little motion blur on this one. Hopefully it doesn't translate too badly. I'll be cleaning him up via Wildcat's suggestion, at a later date.

Thanks for lookin!

J.