Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Canadian Shield

Originally posted by Jayde Tiger

I tried for a little motion blur on this one. Hopefully it doesn't translate too badly. I'll be cleaning him up via Wildcat's suggestion, at a later date.

Thanks for lookin!

J.

Wow that looks Great Jayde, nice effects... can't wait to see the update.

WC

Canadian Shield

Next up for review is the team's mystic: WITCHGATE!

Witchgate's powers primarily revolved around opening teleportation gates between two places, usually within line of sight. She used an indirect Missle Reflection by positioning a gate in the path of an incoming attack, and then projectin it from another gate, often at a new target.

Another favourite trick was to place a gate on the ground in front of a "running" character and changing his location, or the ever popular "shunt the flyer into a solid object trick.

Witchgate was not really a frontline fighter, but was extremely effective as a teamworker. She often allowed rapid regrouping by her teammates when the situation called for it. She was also a great reason to introduce the Team to magic oriented adventures during the campaign.

Thanks for lookin'

J

Canadian Shield

Here is yet another member up for review.

Doc Virtual was one of the most unique character conceptions that I have run across in my 20 + years of GMing games. Though he looks to be a gun toting pulp hero, Doc Virtual is actually the Canadian Shield's mentalist.

Though I don't have the notes handy at the moment, I believe that his origin involved a person who adopted the role of Doc in a VR environment, before something went terribly wrong. The Virtual Avatar took over the body of the game player, here in the real world, and thus was born Doc Virtual.

Doc's twin 45's were actually mental foci for his Ego Blasts. He was under the impression that he could not use this power without them. It made for interesting game play early in his career, when overbearing bricks jeered at his drawing of "puny" 45's, expecting to have their spewed lead splatter across their chests. 'Till his reputation grew, Doc splattered a few overconfident bricks with his "surprise" ego attacks.

Another interesting point concerning Doc was that he constantly projected a "Black and White" aura around him, effectively turning all color to greyscale. At first, I thought it was a pretty ineffective use of points, but allowed it purely for the "cool factor". As the game progressed I found a number of occasions when "colour" came into play. (Especially all those light/laser characters who depended on certain frequencies of light for effect). It also played havoc with light based illusions and disguises.

Of course the drawbacks inherent in the field were pretty cool as well. Its pretty tough to "hide" as some Mentalists tend to do when combat occurs. Some of my villains got in the habit of looking for an area of Black and White, to anticipate the coming Ego Attacks.

Doc also became the group's resident computer expert, with the belief that all computers contained an intelligence of some kind. There were occasions when he talked at greater length with a Desktop computer (with Computer based Telepathy) than he did with the real world NPC's around him.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for lookin'

J

PS: I of course posted this in my usual yellow, but Doc's field is obviously still working after all these years!! :D

Canadian Shield

Could you post Doc Virtual on the character thread? I f you have his sheet of course. He is a very cool mentalist.

Sorry Tim, the Canadian Shield info is packed away somewhere at the moment. But the recent interest is renewing my motivation to dig them out.

Maybe soon, that web page will become a reality. . . I'm mostly waiting for my brother's return from Montana. He's suppose to be moving back to Canada soon, and we have talked at length about doing something with our horde of old campaign stuff.

Could be a web page . . .

Could be a PBEM . . .

Could be something entirely different. We'll have to see! :D

Thanks again

J

Originally posted by American Valor

Wildcat, I like both designs, but I favor the chainmail more. It has more of a 'techno-norse-berzerkor' feel.

This is an older drawing of mine, with a little help from a certain 'photoshop fairy' I know who sometimes graces me with a magical assist here and there, they've really made a difference in a lot of my work.

The character's one of my favorites, a very straightforward energy manipulator with all of his celestial powers in a multipower reserve and the ability to traverse open space.

Easily this is the second best picture I have seen (next to the one someone did of a character made of pure energy looking all contemplative (I believe the file was called corona or some thing))

I like you work you should share more of it.

Canadian Shield

Hi All,

Guess its time to post the next member of the Canadian Shield!

Up for review is Galaxian, our resident Brick. Galaxian has all the classic traits of a "strange visitor from another planet with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men . . ."

Our flying brick never left us wanting for feats of strength and incredible overconfidence.

Probably his most memorable moment came when he decided to do a flying move through on a villain's escape van, accelerating to full speed to punch in one side of it, and out the other! Of course he didn't realise that this was no ordinary van, but rather a wolf in sheep's clothing. Unfortunately, the armour was so thick that Galaxian only made half of his trip, and ended up unconscious inside the get away van! :(

I must admit that revisiting these characters is bringing back a host of great gaming memories!!!

Thanks again for lookin

J

Originally posted by Blue

Here's a proposed design for one my playes who is planning on playing a "judge" character. Don't think I got the powdered wig quite right :D

Judge

That's some good stuff, Blue. If its supposed to be a stylized wig, I think its fine. If your trying to make it more 'authentic', then I'd bring it down the sides like a British Judge.

Canadian Shield

Time for another member I think.

Lets recap, we have:

Manta - Leader and Aquatic/Flying EB

Doc Virtual - Mentalist/Computer Telepath

Witchgate - Apportation Sorceress primarily conjuring Warp Gates

Galaxian - Alien brick with flight

This entry was the character built primarily on skills. I guess she would be classified as a martial artist. Anyone familiar with the DC Heroes rules would recognise it as the "Batman Option" in which the character is a highly trained human with a few gadgets to even the playing field.

Ruby, as she was known, was envisioned in the "Black Widow" vein: an undercover agent of the Canadian Secret Service who became disillusioned with her job, and turned to crime fighting. Since her personal records were known to the Government, and hidden from the public, she never felt the need to wear a mask.

If memory serves, she acted primarily as the team's forward scout, especially on those missions involving investigation and the ever popular "sneak into the enemy lair" scenerios. Her higher that normal speed (usually chemically induced) and her defensive martial arts kept her safe until the majority of the team could "step in" through one of Witchgate's teleports.

Hope you like

Thanks for lookin'

J

It's all moot on the judge, (Moot Court .... get it? Nevermind) because the player nixed the pic. He wants something of a more traditional looking judge.

To which I say *yawn*.

It's like my players have never seen superheroes before. I've got two who are using conventional names rather than heroic names. But now I'm getting way off topic. Just thought I'd say that's the first and last version of the Judge pic. But thanks for the suggestions.

Good stuff guys! I like the 'warhammer' gavel choice for the judge. I think if it's a British character, you should go more authentic, but if not, I think the look works.

Ruby looks to be a great drawing for one of my favorite character archetypes (ahhh, I'm full of BS, they're all my favorites!) I'm greatly enjoying this thread!

Hello again,

Only two more members to go. To recap yet again, we have:

Manta - Leader and Aquatic/Flying EB

Doc Virtual - Mentalist/Computer Telepath

Witchgate - Apportation Sorceress primarily conjuring Warp Gates

Galaxian - Alien brick with flight

Blitzkreig - Part Speedster, Part EB (Whom I forgot to recap last time)

Ruby - Martial Artist, Superspy and Skilled Human

And now may I present HAYWIRE, the Canadian Shield's resident gadgeteer.

Haywire's motif primarily revolved around a quick hardening, highly adapatable adhesive of his own design. For all intents and purposes, he was like Spidey's Web shooters on steroids!!

He did the usual entangles, swinging, and wall crawling, but was also able to produce strands of Mono-filiment cutting wire, and his patented "yank-em cord" that he used to effect objects at a distance. He was another character whom primarily fulfilled a support role in combat, but was very effective in slowing down or distracting troublesome opponents while the rest of the team concentrated on whiddling down the numbers.

Hope you like

Thanks for lookin

J

Canadian Shield

Hi

Thought I would throw one more member up here before I end my day.

At one point in the campaign, the player of Doc Virtual was called away. (Can you believe it, he gave up gaming to get MARRIED and moved to Calgary! :) ). Anyway, the Canadian Shield needed a replacement Mentalist, and what they got was a hard edged street punk with telepathic and telekinetic powers. And his name was PsiKnight

If I ever get around to posting that web site, I have PsiKnight's "first appearance" done up in comic pages form. It would be a real hoot to ink and colour those.

In the meantime, hope you like this snapshot of the "second to last" member of our little hero group.

Its been fun posting them. Don't be shy, add to the collection, and let me know what you think!!

Thanks for lookin'

J

Jayde, Good job on those.. I really liked Haywire too.

Now it's time for me to post another of my pics. This is Apache AKA Warbird. She's an Aerican Indian Mutant (ala Thunderbird) In her curent incarnation she was a member of Omega an evil Mutant group in the vien of Stryfe's MLF, in fact I'll admit it I stole Stryfe (Image and a vague imatation of his powers) to lead this group along with a powerful telepath I named Serne.

Any way Apache had been manipulated into working for Omega, and was just recently captured by the Heroes, and they have set her mind free, and begun her rehabilitation.

WC

Edit--> Added a graphic bkgrnd looks a bit better

Fantasy Hero Characters

OK so these next few arn't Champions characters, but they are real Fantasy Hero char. When I drew these I was testing my skill at background, and had just learned how o colore a bit better

This is Brey, He was the leader of our little party in a friend of mine's PBEM game. He was a Scout... Sort of a Ranger in the traditional sence. This pic was when they were on the way to a new land to be colinized, right after a training session with Ogre (pic to follow)

WC