Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

So what do you think of the HERO Textbook?

I think it can double as a home-defense weapon... (+2d6 HA)

I haven't had a chance to "use" it much yet -- just enough to know I'm going to have to re-learn where everything is -- but overall I think I'm going to like it. A lot. :)

I think it can double as a home-defense weapon... (+2d6 HA)

I haven't had a chance to "use" it much yet -- just enough to know I'm going to have to re-learn where everything is -- but overall I think I'm going to like it. A lot. :)

It is pretty light, though, as someone noted it's actually about the same weight or possibly lighter than original 5th, due to the paper weight.

It is pretty light' date=' though, as someone noted it's actually about the same weight or possibly lighter than original 5th, due to the paper weight.[/quote']

Sure, but the guy you're brandishing it at won't know that.

Hmmm...

+1d6 PRE Attack?

More jumping' date=' twitching fun than Mightybec's intestinal track?[/quote']

Didn't really do any jumping or twitching. Mostly did a lot of relaxing, and some cooking. Oh yeah, and some drinking. :)

We got rained on the last day, but the yurt held up quite well. No leaks, and it kept...well if not actually warm (I don't have a felt liner for insulation) at least warmer than the surrounding area.

And as always after watching some fighting at an SCA event, I get a renewed desire to get myself back in shape and into armour. This will of course have to wait until after I find out where I'll be living in a month... :D

Glad you had fun. Well, you could get in shape in the meantime. :D

That reminds me, I got my kenpo books out. Nothing much in the martial arts area here, but plenty of space.

Very true, but that requires time. We are putting the house on the market in a few weeks, and need to get everything ready for it. We dont have to fix anything (the house is less than 2 years old) but we do have some cleaning/picking up/packing to do before it is in shape to show.

Very true' date=' but that requires time. We are putting the house on the market in a few weeks, and need to get everything ready for it. We dont have to fix anything (the house is less than 2 years old) but we do have some cleaning/picking up/packing to do before it is in shape to show.[/quote']

That's what we thought. We figured we'd have to be moved out before we sold. Barely tidied up and the sucker sold < 24 hours.

That's what we thought. We figured we'd have to be moved out before we sold. Barely tidied up and the sucker sold < 24 hours.

Yeah, but your (previous) neck of the woods is a much better seller's market than mine is currently. It isn't bad though. The real estate agent expects it to sell within 30 days of going on the market.

*crosses fingers*

Yeah, but your (previous) neck of the woods is a much better seller's market than mine is currently. It isn't bad though. The real estate agent expects it to sell within 30 days of going on the market.

*crosses fingers*

Good Luck. May you get a serious bidding war.

Jenn & I have been looking around Kanab just "window" shopping. Seems that 90% of what's available are manafactured homes.

How'd it go' date=' Alice? Are you saying there's [i']still[/i] packing to do, or that now you have all that stuff to unpack?

We are unpacking. Today we got my bureau into position and my clothing unpacked as well as most of the dishes in the kitchen and some of the misc. boxes. We still have books, gaming stuff, and a ton of other things to unpack. We are starting to get more and more floor space though which is a very good thing.

How'd it go' date=' Alice? Are you saying there's [i']still[/i] packing to do, or that now you have all that stuff to unpack?

Unpacking now.

:weep:

And we won't have internet to entertain us between boxes! :weep:

Have I mentioned how much I hate moving lately?

Some people in my neighborhood get around the hassle of moving by not owning or renting a place' date=' and keeping only those possessions that fit in a shopping cart...[/quote']

Hey, that could work . . . :think:

Nah. I'm too fond of being able to shower regularly.

Actually, Josh and I are stubbornly latching onto this place until we can afford to hire movers. Which sounds like I'm exaggerating unless you know just how vicious and territorial I can be.