Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I really hope, for the cable guy's sake, that he's not there when I get home. He better have come and been long gone by the time I get home.

See, Josh and I have been without internet at home for almost 2 weeks. I CAN use the internet at work, but I don't like how much time I've been spending not-working at work.

Originally, we were supposed to have internet the Thursday or Friday after we moved in. They bumped it back a week for some inexplicable reason. Oh, and they want the first months' internet and installation fee up front.

So if, when I get home at about 6:30 tonight (they're supposed to be there by 5), we don't have internet fully hooked up yet, that man (or woman) will NOT want to deal with the cranky Alice that'll walk in through that door.

I hope, for his sake, he's done and long gone before I get home.

And if he's not . . . well, I've always wanted to know what a skull sounds like when it's bludgeoned in with a wireless router. :eg:

Dr. A' date=' I just uploaded a TON of pics to your site. Feel free to check them out, and use any you would like. They are mostly Asian babes. I'll have to post a few here and there. ;)[/quote']

How do you do that? The upload thing..?

I use drag & drop, but I suppose you could do copy/paste. ;):lol: j/k

Do you already have a folder created by Dr. A for you? If so, you just need to open it in your ftp program of choice, and then copy your pics over.

Was that what you were asking?

Yay! After being told we'd have it hooked up by the end of the week we moved in, the air conditioner is now hooked up. Only one month late!

Now if we could get the blinds, the screen for the bathroom window, and the leaky sink fixed, I'd be much happier.

Continuing the theme of "Finally!", Josh and I have working internet at home. It FLIES. But it also means Josh was up most of the day waiting for the cable chick, and consequently got an interrupted 6 hours of sleep.

*avoids the growly, stompy husband*

The Attorney and the Little Old Lady

Subject: One April night....In her own words

Defense Attorney: Will you please state your age?

Little Old Lady: I am 86 years old.

Defense Attorney: Will you tell us, in your own words, what happened the night of April 1st?

Little Old Lady: There I was, sitting there in my swing on my front porch on a warm spring evening, when a young man comes creeping up on the porch and sat down beside me.

Defense Attorney: Did you know him?

Little Old Lady: No, but he sure was friendly.

Defense Attorney: What happened after he sat down?

Little Old Lady: He started to rub my thigh.

Defense Attorney: Did you stop him?

Little Old Lady: No, I didn't stop him.

Defense Attorney: Why not?

Little Old Lady: It felt good. Nobody had done that since my Abner died some 30 years ago.

Defense Attorney: What happened next?

Little Old Lady: He began to rub my breasts.

Defense Attorney: Did you stop him then?

Little Old Lady: No, I did not stop him.

Defense Attorney: Why not?

Little Old Lady: His rubbing made me feel all alive and excited. I haven't felt that good in years!

Defense Attorney: What happened next?

Little Old Lady: Well, by then, I was feeling really "spicy" that I just laid down and told him "Take me, young man. Take me!"

Defense Attorney: Did he take you?

Little Old Lady: Hell, no! He just yelled, "April Fool!"

And that's when I shot him, the little bastard!

AWYERS - QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Q: How many lawyer jokes are there?

A: Only three. The rest are true stories.

Q: What's wrong with lawyer jokes?

A: Lawyers don't think they're funny and other people don't think they're jokes.

Q: What do you call 25 skydiving lawyers?

A: Skeet.

Q: What do you call a lawyer gone bad?

A: Senator.

Q: What’s the difference between a lawyer and an onion?

A: You cry when you cut up an onion.

Q: What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 70?

A: Your honor.

Q: What do you throw to a drowning lawyer?

A: His partners.

Q: How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?

A: His lips are moving.

Q: What do you have if three lawyers are buried up to their necks in cement?

A: Not enough cement.

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a vulture?

A: The lawyer gets frequent flyer miles.

Q: What do you get when you cross a bad politician with a crooked lawyer?

A: Chelsea Clinton

Q: How does an attorney sleep?

A: First he lies on one side and then on the other.

Q: What’s the difference between a shame and a pity?

A: If a busload of lawyers goes over a cliff, and there are no survivors, that’s known as a pity. If there were any empty seats, that’s a shame.

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a leech?

A: When you die, a leech will stop sucking your blood and drop off.

Q: How do you get a group of lawyers to smile for a photo?

A: Just say, "Fees!"

Q: How many lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Three. One to climb the ladder. One to shake it. And one to sue the ladder company.

A Lawyer's Christmas

THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS in Legalese (Author unknown)

Whereas, on or about the night prior to Christmas, there did occur at a certain improved piece of real property (hereinafter "the House") a general lack of stirring by all creatures therein, including, but not limited to a mouse.

A variety of foot apparel, e.g., stocking, socks, etc., had been affixed by and around the chimney in said House in the hope and/or belief that St. Nick a/k/a/ St. Nicholas a/k/a/ Santa Claus (hereinafter "Claus") would arrive at sometime thereafter. The minor residents, i.e. the children, of the aforementioned House were located in their individual beds and were engaged in nocturnal hallucinations, i.e. dreams, wherein vision of confectionery treats, including, but not limited to, candies, nuts and/or sugar plums, did dance, cavort and otherwise appear in said dreams.

Whereupon the party of the first part (sometimes hereinafter referred to as ("I"), being the joint-owner in fee simple of the House with the party of the second part (hereinafter "Mamma"), and said Mamma had retired for a sustained period of sleep. (At such time, the parties were clad in various forms of headgear, e.g., kerchief and cap.

Suddenly, and without prior notice or warning, there did occur upon the unimproved real property adjacent and appurtenant to said House, i.e., the lawn, a certain disruption of unknown nature, cause and/or circumstance. The party of the first part did immediately rush to a window in the House to investigate the cause of such disturbance.

At that time, the party of the first part did observe, with some degree of wonder and/or disbelief, a miniature sleigh (hereinafter "the Vehicle") being pulled and/or drawn very rapidly through the air by approximately eight (8) reindeer. The driver of the Vehicle appeared to be and in fact was, the previously referenced Claus.

Said Claus was providing specific direction, instruction and guidance to the approximately eight (8) reindeer and specifically identified the animal co-conspirators by name: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen (hereinafter "the Deer"). (Upon information and belief, it is further asserted that an additional co- conspirator named "Rudolph" may have been involved.)

The party of the first part witnessed Claus, the Vehicle and the Deer intentionally and willfully trespass upon the roofs of several residences located adjacent to and in the vicinity of the House, and noted that the Vehicle was heavily laden with packages, toys and other items of unknown origin or nature. Suddenly, without prior invitation or permission, either express or implied, the Vehicle arrived at the House, and Claus entered said House via the chimney.

Said Claus was clad in a red fur suit, which was partially covered with residue from the chimney, and he carried a large sack containing a portion of the aforementioned packages, toys, and other unknown items. He was smoking what appeared to be tobacco in a small pipe in blatant violation of local ordinances and health regulations.

Claus did not speak, but immediately began to fill the stocking of the minor children, which hung adjacent to the chimney, with toys and other small gifts. (Said items did not, however, constitute "gifts" to said minor pursuant to the applicable provisions of the U.S. Tax Code.)

Upon completion of such task, Claus touched the side of his nose and flew, rose and/or ascended up the chimney of the House to the roof where the Vehicle and Deer waited and/or served as "lookouts." Claus immediately departed for an unknown destination.

However, prior to the departure of the Vehicle, Deer and Claus from said House, the party of the first part did hear Claus state and/or exclaim: "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!" Or words to that effect.

Rental property lawsuit.

One evening, after attending the theater, two gentlemen were walking down the avenue when they observed a rather well dressed and attractive young lady walking ahead of them.

One of them turned to the other and remarked, "I'd give $250.00 to spend the night with that woman."

Much to their surprise, the young lady overheard the remark, turned around, and replied, "I'll take you up on that offer."

She had a neat appearance and a pleasant voice, so after bidding his companion good night, the man accompanied the young lady to her apartment.

The following morning the man presented her with $125.00 as he prepared to leave. She demanded the rest of the money, stating "If you don't give me the other $125.00, I'll sue you for it."

He laughed, saying "I'd like to see you get it on these grounds."

Within a few days, he was surprised when he received a summons ordering his presence in court as a defendant in a lawsuit. He hurried to his lawyer and explained the details of the case.

His lawyer said, "She can't possibly get a judgment against you on such grounds, but it will be interesting to see how her case will be presented."

After the usual preliminaries, the lady's lawyer addressed the court as follows: "Your honor, my client, this lady, is the owner of a piece of property, a garden spot, surrounded by a profuse growth of shrubbery, which property she agreed to rent to the defendant for a specified length of time for the sum of $250.00. The defendant took possession of the property, used it extensively for the purposes for which it was rented, but upon evacuating the premises, he paid only $125.00, one-half of the amount agreed upon. The rent was not excessive, since it is restricted property, and we ask judgment be granted against the defendant to assure payment of the balance."

The defendant's lawyer was impressed and amused by the way his opponent had presented the case. His defense, therefore was somewhat different from the way he originally planned to present it.

"Your honor," he said, "my client agrees that the lady has a fine piece of property, that he did rent such property for a time, and a degree of pleasure was derived from the transaction. However, my client found a well on the property around which he placed his own stones, sunk a shaft, and erected a pump, all labor performed personally by him. We claim these improvements to the property were sufficient to offset the unpaid amount, and that the plaintiff was adequately compensated for the rental of said property. We, therefore, ask that judgment not be granted."

The young lady's lawyer answered, "Your honor, my client agrees that the defendant did find a well on her property. However, had the defendant not known that the well existed, he would never have rented the property. Also, upon evacuating the premises, the defendant removed the stones, pulled out the shaft, and took the pump with him. In doing so, he not only dragged the equipment through the shrubbery, but also left the hole much larger than it was prior to his occupancy, making the property much less desirable to others. We, therefore, ask that judgment be granted."

In the Judge's decision, he provided for two options: "Pay the $125.00 or have the equipment detached from its current location and provide it to the plaintiff for damages.

For a moment there I was also wondering what a "psage2" was. :)

I'm most likely going to be a LOT less active on the boards for the next 40 days or so, but I'll stop by and say "hi" when I can. :thumbup:

What's going on, Dr. A, if it's appropriate/acceptable to you to share?

What's going on' date=' Dr. A, if it's appropriate/acceptable to you to share?[/quote']

A very good friend -- who only gets to town about twice a year -- is coming in to town tonight and will be staying for approx. 3-4 weeks, give or take a bit. Since there are several campaigns (some I run, some I play in) that are on "hold" except when she visits, I expect that I and the other members of those games will be spending as much time as possible gaming, catching up on the last 8-9 months, and just "hanging out" together.

Compared to that, the HERO forums have to take second place, I'm afraid. :)

I'm most likely going to be a LOT less active on the boards for the next 40 days or so, but I'll stop by and say "hi" when I can. :thumbup:

Well,we'll miss you, but having read your explanation, HAVE Fun!

TWBT ;)

I noticed the spelling mistake but left it in.

ditto to the :thumbup: received so far.

For 40 days and 40 nights?

Well, have fun with your Campaign of Biblical Proportions, then.

A little something for Super Squirrel. :D

Oh, and SS? I've brought your "52 Weeks of Wallpapers" thread back to life by posting a few more wallpaper candidates to it. ;)

lightsaber_squirrels.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr. Anomaly again.